Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Kings and Bernier

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    i'm sure LA would trade him to the east...

but imagine bernier in phoenix with tippet getting extended as well? damn...this might be your last chance to ever get bernier for a decent price. overpay a bit now and reap the rewards later
    I agree with this a 1000%. I pretty much begged everyone on this site to do the same thing with Rask 2/3 years ago. Bernier is the best none starting goalie in the league imo and will be a top 10 goalie in the league within the next 2 years
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Legend

Look for Bernier to Philly. The Flyers have coveted him for years and he just hired Pat Brisson who happens to have been spending a lot of time with Paul Holmgren recently - hammering out a deal for Mark Streit as well as starting an extension with Giroux.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Look for Bernier to Philly. The Flyers have coveted him for years and he just hired Pat Brisson who happens to have been spending a lot of time with Paul Holmgren recently - hammering out a deal for Mark Streit as well as starting an extension with Giroux.
    Oh make it happen, fantasy gods - I won't ask for another thing for 5 years.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Philly has the assets to do a deal, something along the lines of Matt Read and a late pick. Buying out Briere will provide the cap space for Streit; buying out Bryz will put them in a fairly good cap position.

NJ won't offer up the #9 pick, and I don't see them having the system depth to make a deal that LAK would want. Their prospect pool is very shallow. There are many UFA goalies and Brodeur still has a year left in him. They have a ton of cap space, although, they may not use it due to financial difficulties (rumors).

TOR will not be trading for a goalie when theirs just went #8 in the league in even strength sv% despite the team being near the bottom in shots against in the league. Outstanding season from Reimer. Why give up young assets for, at best, a similar return?

NYI is a good bet; they have prospect depth at D and F. I could see a deal around Brock Nelson or Anders Lee. Many other assets as well.

Buffalo could be a surprise landing spot as they have assets, cash, and it is looking more and more like Miller will be traded. I could see the #16 pick + a late round pick for Bernier. Then flip Miller to Phoenix for a middle pair D, or Calgary for a top 6 forward.

Calgary - could be another surprise here, as they have 3 1sts...unlikely though, as their prospect pool is so thin that those depth picks will be essential to rebuild.

Florida, Tampa, Carolina, Washington, and Winnipeg will all roll with their starters. No way LAK flip him to a team that can sniff the playoffs in the west.

TL;DR:

1. Philly
    2. NYI
    3. Buffalo
    Last edited by znith; June 18, 2013 at 1:49 AM.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I agree with this a 1000%. I pretty much begged everyone on this site to do the same thing with Rask 2/3 years ago. Bernier is the best none starting goalie in the league imo and will be a top 10 goalie in the league within the next 2 years

I drafted Rask in 2008 and haven't traded him since. He's like a little brother to me!

I traded for Bernier in January after his owner soured on him so a trade this early after owning Bernier for just a couple months would be amazing.

Some rumours floating around.......Read for Bernier. Makes sense with Read being a UFA when B. Schenn, Giroux, and Couturier are all RFA's next summer.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The Islanders do seem to be in the mix...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/06/...athan-bernier/
    The puck stops here!
    8 teams, Points only, 2 pts goalie win (+2 for blank)
    The best 12F -- 6D -- 2G count.
    Real salary (not cap hit), 65M salary cap

Dobber Sports Legend

Kypreos reporting Bernier will be traded sooner than later and Flyers / Leafs are front-runners. I would be floored if he didn't end up a Flyer. During exit interviews, the Flyers players made it clear they wanted separation from Bryzgalov - this is being talked about heavily today on local radio. Giroux was very vocal and direct with Holmgren, on behalf of the team, that Bryzgalov needs to go.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Kypreos reporting Bernier will be traded sooner than later and Flyers / Leafs are front-runners. I would be floored if he didn't end up a Flyer. During exit interviews, the Flyers players made it clear they wanted separation from Bryzgalov - this is being talked about heavily today on local radio. Giroux was very vocal and direct with Holmgren, on behalf of the team, that Bryzgalov needs to go.
    Bernier's value would skyrocket as a Flyer. With this roster and Streit added they are looking like a good team for next year.
    The puck stops here!
    8 teams, Points only, 2 pts goalie win (+2 for blank)
    The best 12F -- 6D -- 2G count.
    Real salary (not cap hit), 65M salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

I wonder who the Flyers would send packing to make a deal like this happen. It seems like everyone who talks about the Flyers making a move always has Couturier in the same breath but does LA really need someone like Couturier (unless the plan on moving him to wing). LA still has Kopitar signed for 3 more years, Richards is signed forever, Jarrett Stoll signed for 2 more. I dont see Couturier as a #4 centre but anythings possible I guess.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

fantasy-wise, better to have JB in Philly, or the Island?
    gut says the former, but is the latter a more clear starter role in a more definitively up & coming team ...?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by tripel View Post
    fantasy-wise, better to have JB in Philly, or the Island?
    gut says the former, but is the latter a more clear starter role in a more definitively up & coming team ...?
    career wise it is probably better for him to go to the island given philly kills goalies

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think the most popular rumor right now is Read for Bernier, but I also read somebody speculate (I'll have to see if I can find it later) that offer sheeting Bernier might make more sense for the Flyers. If he signs for under $3.5M (I think) the compensation is only a second round pick, and I can't imagine paying more than that for somebody who is still unproven. As the Flyers found out with Weber there is risk involved in going that route, but with the cap shrinking can the Kings really afford to spend $9M+ on their goalies? Just a little food for thought.

Dobber Sports Legend

The likely return from the Flyers would be Matt Read and a pick, maybe 4th rounder - similar deal the Sens got for Bishop.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Initiate

A quick google serach and here's the article I was talking about:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-flyers-goalie

According to the RFA compensation scale in the new CBA, the Flyers could offer Bernier up to $3.364 million per season and they'd only owe the Kings a single, measly second round pick in return. That kind of money, along with a Bryzgalov buyout, would save the Flyers $2.3 million against the cap immediately next season and would free of them of the uncertainty that comes with giving long-term deals to goaltenders. If things didn't work out with Bernier, they wouldn't be tied to him for the next decade. They'd be tied to him until the summer of 2016, and if push came to shove, a $3.3 million cap hit is certainly tradable -- unlike Bryz's contract.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by strider2k2 View Post
    A quick google serach and here's the article I was talking about:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...-flyers-goalie
    It's would certainly be the most affordable option. The Kings have to see that as a threat though, and with the amount of teams interested in Bernier I would consider it a risk to wait until an offer sheet could be sent since the Kings could act before that risk presents itself and have him traded for even just a little more than that in the next two and a half weeks.

I think working out out a trade here would be the safest bet to land Bernier and I would have to think that a deal will be done in the next week and a half by whoever is willing to cough up the assets which would give the receiving team plenty of time to sign him.

If that all passes by without happening though then yeah, send that offer sheet!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar