Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alain Vigneault likely to be next Ranger head coach

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Alain Vigneault likely to be next Ranger head coach

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 18m

“@aaronward_nhl: Vigneault has indicated to Stars that he no longer wants to be considered for head coach job #TSN” Sounds like Broadway

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 11m

League source: Vigneault with inside track on Rangers' job, offer may be forthcoming. Story will be up soon on http://NYPost.com/sports .

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

With Alain Vigneault withdrawing himself from DAL job, expectation is he has an offer to coach NYR tho no one has officially confirmed that.

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Immortal

Vigneault on Broadway......I hope they hang on to Richards now.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post

“@aaronward_nhl: Vigneault has indicated to Stars that he no longer wants to be considered for head coach job #TSN” Sounds like Broadway
    After the Iginla to Boston announcement, will Aaron Ward's word be seen as trust worthy ever again??

I like that lucifer added two other credible sources along with Ward's..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well that sucks. I was hoping to see him in Dallas.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Genius

I think AV could do wonders for that Rags team.

kevinsrangers and I were talking about this before Torts was canned thinking he would be a solid coach for the team.

Expect Richards to be be back to his scoring ways if this is legit.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    After the Iginla to Boston announcement, will Aaron Ward's word be seen as trust worthy ever again??

I like that lucifer added two other credible sources along with Ward's..
    Ward has to run his leads by the panel from now on to be sure his source isn't some back alley crack head, the TSN panel is expected to provide at a level higher than Kypreos after all.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Ward has to run his leads by the panel from now on to be sure his source isn't some back alley crack head, the TSN panel is expected to provide at a level higher than Kypreos after all.
    So are back alley crack heads...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    So are back alley crack heads...
    Very very true, Kypreos just represents a sad pathetic punched out state of unreliable broadcasting... and I'm trying to say that in the nicest humanly way possible!

Nic, you need to do us and you a favour, step away from that mic and fade out. You make Aaron Ward look like Walter Cronkite damn it!

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm

Dobber Sports Pro

Very very true, Kypreos just represents a sad pathetic punched out state of unreliable broadcasting... and I'm trying to say that in the nicest humanly way possible!

Nic, you need to do us and you a favour, step away from that mic and fade out. You make Aaron Ward look like Walter Cronkite damn it!
    Whoa. Don't insult Walter like that!

The Rangers have a great foundation, would be fun to watch someone that can bring it all together. Not to say that Alain is that guy, but he damn well could be

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think AV could do wonders for that Rags team.

kevinsrangers and I were talking about this before Torts was canned thinking he would be a solid coach for the team.

Expect Richards to be be back to his scoring ways if this is legit.
    i really dont understand the idea of richards getting back to anything to be honest

unless Vig can somehow make him fast again i dont see how it can happen

richards didnt have chemistry with either gaborik or nash a different coach will not change that

stepan and brassard had no problem producing with the wingers on this team and yet richards did

i dont understand how richards production or lack of it is on anyone but himself when stepan and brassard both had no problems with the wingers on the team or the system or anything else

richards was given every chance to get his game going both seasons with the rangers and it just didnt happen

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Rangers go with Vigneault as the new HC

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/345977048591908864

"#Rangers go with experience with Alain Vigneault. No decision on when Vigneault when will formally announced. #NHL"
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Good move Sather

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think the Rangers will see some big improvements in multiple areas next season with AV behind the bench. As a Lundy owner, I love this hiring!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i really dont understand the idea of richards getting back to anything to be honest

unless Vig can somehow make him fast again i dont see how it can happen

richards didnt have chemistry with either gaborik or nash a different coach will not change that

stepan and brassard had no problem producing with the wingers on this team and yet richards did

i dont understand how richards production or lack of it is on anyone but himself when stepan and brassard both had no problems with the wingers on the team or the system or anything else

richards was given every chance to get his game going both seasons with the rangers and it just didnt happen
    The reason I feel this way has to do with AV's notorious zone starts. The majority of Richards starts are bound to be in the offensive zone. Plus with a new coach he is immediately out of the dog house and that kind of change often seems to give players a boost.

Is it possible that Richards is just out of his prime and on the decline like Heatley or someone like that? Maybe he is, but I'm not ready to bank on it.

W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm

Dobber Sports Wizard

The reason I feel this way has to do with AV's notorious zone starts. The majority of Richards starts are bound to be in the offensive zone. Plus with a new coach he is immediately out of the dog house and that kind of change often seems to give players a boost.

Is it possible that Richards is just out of his prime and on the decline like Heatley or someone like that? Maybe he is, but I'm not ready to bank on it.
    in 12-13 richards led all of the rangers regular forwards in offensive zone starts with 63.4% and in 11-12 he was only behind gaborik and stepan in offensive zone starts

and richards was put in the doghouse by his own doing not that of his coach

the guy admitted he showed up out of shape for the season and no matter how much icetime or offensive zone starts he got he didnt produce

none of that is the fault of the coach that is all on him

the only reason richards even got the chances he got was because he was tortorellas boy if he wasnt his ass would have been dropped down the lineup much sooner than it was

if the rangers dont buyout richards they will be stuck with that dog of a contract and he will get worse and they will not be able to buy him out after this coming season because he is almost guaranteed to get hurt

who knows maybe if he gets bought out and goes into a situation where he isnt paid so much money and the expectation isnt there for him to be a top line player he might level off his downward trend

but he took a huge contract and then couldnt live up to it and mentally he broke

it had nothing to do with the coach who tried to give him everything he could to succeed and turn things around

everyone keeps ignoring that the team around him continued to perform while he declined

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max