Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Alain Vigneault likely to be next Ranger head coach

  1. #1
    lucifer316's Avatar
    lucifer316 is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,906
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Star

    Default Alain Vigneault likely to be next Ranger head coach

    Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 18m

    “@aaronward_nhl: Vigneault has indicated to Stars that he no longer wants to be considered for head coach job #TSN” Sounds like Broadway



    Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 11m

    League source: Vigneault with inside track on Rangers' job, offer may be forthcoming. Story will be up soon on http://NYPost.com/sports .


    Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m

    With Alain Vigneault withdrawing himself from DAL job, expectation is he has an offer to coach NYR tho no one has officially confirmed that.
    6 Team Yahoo HTH League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G


    20 Team Fantrax HTH League
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    4 C, 8 W, 6 D, 1 G, 6 Bench
    Dynasty, Farm 20 Prospects under 135 GP


    14 Team Yahoo HTH League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

  2. #2
    Rep Power
    61

    Dobber Sports Giant

    Default

    Vigneault on Broadway......I hope they hang on to Richards now.

    12 team H2H Keeper
    G,A,PP,PIM,SOG
    W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Stamkos,Zberg,Weiss,Eakin
    LW:Neal,Pach,Whitney,Hudler
    RW:Ovi,Perry,MSL,Kessel
    D:Yandle,Subban,Edler,Vlasic
    G: Lundqvist,MAF,Vokoun,Thomas

    10 team H2H Keep
    G,A,PP,SOG,Hits
    W,GAA,Sv,SV%
    C:RNH,Sedin,Duchene,O'Reilly,Nielsen
    LW:Neal, Couture,Kunitz
    RW:Voracek,Purcell,Nichushkin
    D:Letang,JJ,Campbell,
    G:Rinne,Pavelec,Halak,Nabokov

    14 team H2H
    G,A,PP,SHP,SOG,H,Blks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,SO
    C:Getz,Koivu,MacK
    LW:Max,Perron,Saad,Lucic
    RW:Neal,Wheeler,Callahan
    D:Weber,Seabrook,Wideman
    G:Quick,Lehtonen,Halak,Harding

  3. #3
    Zorro's Avatar
    Zorro is online now
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,659
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post

    “@aaronward_nhl: Vigneault has indicated to Stars that he no longer wants to be considered for head coach job #TSN” Sounds like Broadway
    After the Iginla to Boston announcement, will Aaron Ward's word be seen as trust worthy ever again??

    I like that lucifer added two other credible sources along with Ward's..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..
    Bruins believer since BIRTH..
    Fav player: Cam Neely..

  4. #4
    NoWayOut's Avatar
    NoWayOut is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,626
    Rep Power
    25

    Moderator

    Default

    Well that sucks. I was hoping to see him in Dallas.

  5. #5
    hockeymanG23's Avatar
    hockeymanG23 is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,521
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    I think AV could do wonders for that Rags team.

    kevinsrangers and I were talking about this before Torts was canned thinking he would be a solid coach for the team.

    Expect Richards to be be back to his scoring ways if this is legit.
    10 team full keeper: 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G,5BN,10IR

    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

    C- Getzlaf,Hanzal,Nielsen,J.Staal
    LW- JVR,Hudler,M.Richards,Zetterberg
    RW- Backes,Giroux,Kessel,Lupul
    D- Carlson,Chara,Gudas,Josi,Markov,Yandle
    G- Miller,Hiller,Crawford
    BN- Robidas,Havlat,Clarkson,Bogosian

    Prospects- Armia, Chiasson, Connolly, Couturier, Etem, Forsberg, Girgensons, Kucherov, Nieto, Nyquist, K.Palmieri, Rychel, Stransky, Toffoli, Wennberg, Barberio, Gardiner, Gormley, Kulikov, Marincin, Moore, Morrow, Nurse, Savard, Sproul, Vatanen, Allen, F.Andersen, Bernier, Campbell, Hackett, Mrazek

  6. #6
    hockeymanG23's Avatar
    hockeymanG23 is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,521
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    After the Iginla to Boston announcement, will Aaron Ward's word be seen as trust worthy ever again??

    I like that lucifer added two other credible sources along with Ward's..
    Ward has to run his leads by the panel from now on to be sure his source isn't some back alley crack head, the TSN panel is expected to provide at a level higher than Kypreos after all.
    10 team full keeper: 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G,5BN,10IR

    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

    C- Getzlaf,Hanzal,Nielsen,J.Staal
    LW- JVR,Hudler,M.Richards,Zetterberg
    RW- Backes,Giroux,Kessel,Lupul
    D- Carlson,Chara,Gudas,Josi,Markov,Yandle
    G- Miller,Hiller,Crawford
    BN- Robidas,Havlat,Clarkson,Bogosian

    Prospects- Armia, Chiasson, Connolly, Couturier, Etem, Forsberg, Girgensons, Kucherov, Nieto, Nyquist, K.Palmieri, Rychel, Stransky, Toffoli, Wennberg, Barberio, Gardiner, Gormley, Kulikov, Marincin, Moore, Morrow, Nurse, Savard, Sproul, Vatanen, Allen, F.Andersen, Bernier, Campbell, Hackett, Mrazek

  7. #7
    Loch's Avatar
    Loch is online now
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,471
    Rep Power
    60

    Dobber Sports Genius

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Ward has to run his leads by the panel from now on to be sure his source isn't some back alley crack head, the TSN panel is expected to provide at a level higher than Kypreos after all.
    So are back alley crack heads...

  8. #8
    hockeymanG23's Avatar
    hockeymanG23 is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,521
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    So are back alley crack heads...
    Very very true, Kypreos just represents a sad pathetic punched out state of unreliable broadcasting... and I'm trying to say that in the nicest humanly way possible!

    Nic, you need to do us and you a favour, step away from that mic and fade out. You make Aaron Ward look like Walter Cronkite damn it!
    10 team full keeper: 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G,5BN,10IR

    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

    C- Getzlaf,Hanzal,Nielsen,J.Staal
    LW- JVR,Hudler,M.Richards,Zetterberg
    RW- Backes,Giroux,Kessel,Lupul
    D- Carlson,Chara,Gudas,Josi,Markov,Yandle
    G- Miller,Hiller,Crawford
    BN- Robidas,Havlat,Clarkson,Bogosian

    Prospects- Armia, Chiasson, Connolly, Couturier, Etem, Forsberg, Girgensons, Kucherov, Nieto, Nyquist, K.Palmieri, Rychel, Stransky, Toffoli, Wennberg, Barberio, Gardiner, Gormley, Kulikov, Marincin, Moore, Morrow, Nurse, Savard, Sproul, Vatanen, Allen, F.Andersen, Bernier, Campbell, Hackett, Mrazek

  9. #9
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    24

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Very very true, Kypreos just represents a sad pathetic punched out state of unreliable broadcasting... and I'm trying to say that in the nicest humanly way possible!

    Nic, you need to do us and you a favour, step away from that mic and fade out. You make Aaron Ward look like Walter Cronkite damn it!
    Whoa. Don't insult Walter like that!



    The Rangers have a great foundation, would be fun to watch someone that can bring it all together. Not to say that Alain is that guy, but he damn well could be

    " You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

  10. #10
    lucifer316's Avatar
    lucifer316 is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,906
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Star

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I think AV could do wonders for that Rags team.

    kevinsrangers and I were talking about this before Torts was canned thinking he would be a solid coach for the team.

    Expect Richards to be be back to his scoring ways if this is legit.
    i really dont understand the idea of richards getting back to anything to be honest

    unless Vig can somehow make him fast again i dont see how it can happen

    richards didnt have chemistry with either gaborik or nash a different coach will not change that

    stepan and brassard had no problem producing with the wingers on this team and yet richards did

    i dont understand how richards production or lack of it is on anyone but himself when stepan and brassard both had no problems with the wingers on the team or the system or anything else

    richards was given every chance to get his game going both seasons with the rangers and it just didnt happen
    6 Team Yahoo HTH League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G


    20 Team Fantrax HTH League
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    4 C, 8 W, 6 D, 1 G, 6 Bench
    Dynasty, Farm 20 Prospects under 135 GP


    14 Team Yahoo HTH League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

  11. #11
    Axeman33's Avatar
    Axeman33 is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,417
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    87

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Rangers go with Vigneault as the new HC

    https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/345977048591908864

    "#Rangers go with experience with Alain Vigneault. No decision on when Vigneault when will formally announced. #NHL"
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Hall, Couture, Wheeler, Filpulla, Eriksson, Hodgson, Turris, Steen, Letang, DRoy, Yakupov, Byfuglien, Baertschi, Zuccarello, Silfverberg, Boedker, JSchwartz, Killorn, Bonino, BNelson

    G-Rask, Halak, Schneider

  12. #12
    hockeymanG23's Avatar
    hockeymanG23 is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,521
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Good move Sather
    10 team full keeper: 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G,5BN,10IR

    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

    C- Getzlaf,Hanzal,Nielsen,J.Staal
    LW- JVR,Hudler,M.Richards,Zetterberg
    RW- Backes,Giroux,Kessel,Lupul
    D- Carlson,Chara,Gudas,Josi,Markov,Yandle
    G- Miller,Hiller,Crawford
    BN- Robidas,Havlat,Clarkson,Bogosian

    Prospects- Armia, Chiasson, Connolly, Couturier, Etem, Forsberg, Girgensons, Kucherov, Nieto, Nyquist, K.Palmieri, Rychel, Stransky, Toffoli, Wennberg, Barberio, Gardiner, Gormley, Kulikov, Marincin, Moore, Morrow, Nurse, Savard, Sproul, Vatanen, Allen, F.Andersen, Bernier, Campbell, Hackett, Mrazek

  13. #13
    Rep Power
    15

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    I think the Rangers will see some big improvements in multiple areas next season with AV behind the bench. As a Lundy owner, I love this hiring!
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F,4D,2G

    F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Callahan, Hartnell, MacArthur, Semin
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, McDonagh, Gudas, Burns
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Mason

    Farm: Grigorenko

  14. #14
    hockeymanG23's Avatar
    hockeymanG23 is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,521
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    i really dont understand the idea of richards getting back to anything to be honest

    unless Vig can somehow make him fast again i dont see how it can happen

    richards didnt have chemistry with either gaborik or nash a different coach will not change that

    stepan and brassard had no problem producing with the wingers on this team and yet richards did

    i dont understand how richards production or lack of it is on anyone but himself when stepan and brassard both had no problems with the wingers on the team or the system or anything else

    richards was given every chance to get his game going both seasons with the rangers and it just didnt happen
    The reason I feel this way has to do with AV's notorious zone starts. The majority of Richards starts are bound to be in the offensive zone. Plus with a new coach he is immediately out of the dog house and that kind of change often seems to give players a boost.

    Is it possible that Richards is just out of his prime and on the decline like Heatley or someone like that? Maybe he is, but I'm not ready to bank on it.
    10 team full keeper: 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G,5BN,10IR

    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

    C- Getzlaf,Hanzal,Nielsen,J.Staal
    LW- JVR,Hudler,M.Richards,Zetterberg
    RW- Backes,Giroux,Kessel,Lupul
    D- Carlson,Chara,Gudas,Josi,Markov,Yandle
    G- Miller,Hiller,Crawford
    BN- Robidas,Havlat,Clarkson,Bogosian

    Prospects- Armia, Chiasson, Connolly, Couturier, Etem, Forsberg, Girgensons, Kucherov, Nieto, Nyquist, K.Palmieri, Rychel, Stransky, Toffoli, Wennberg, Barberio, Gardiner, Gormley, Kulikov, Marincin, Moore, Morrow, Nurse, Savard, Sproul, Vatanen, Allen, F.Andersen, Bernier, Campbell, Hackett, Mrazek

  15. #15
    lucifer316's Avatar
    lucifer316 is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,906
    Rep Power
    36

    Dobber Sports Star

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    The reason I feel this way has to do with AV's notorious zone starts. The majority of Richards starts are bound to be in the offensive zone. Plus with a new coach he is immediately out of the dog house and that kind of change often seems to give players a boost.

    Is it possible that Richards is just out of his prime and on the decline like Heatley or someone like that? Maybe he is, but I'm not ready to bank on it.
    in 12-13 richards led all of the rangers regular forwards in offensive zone starts with 63.4% and in 11-12 he was only behind gaborik and stepan in offensive zone starts

    and richards was put in the doghouse by his own doing not that of his coach

    the guy admitted he showed up out of shape for the season and no matter how much icetime or offensive zone starts he got he didnt produce

    none of that is the fault of the coach that is all on him

    the only reason richards even got the chances he got was because he was tortorellas boy if he wasnt his ass would have been dropped down the lineup much sooner than it was

    if the rangers dont buyout richards they will be stuck with that dog of a contract and he will get worse and they will not be able to buy him out after this coming season because he is almost guaranteed to get hurt

    who knows maybe if he gets bought out and goes into a situation where he isnt paid so much money and the expectation isnt there for him to be a top line player he might level off his downward trend

    but he took a huge contract and then couldnt live up to it and mentally he broke

    it had nothing to do with the coach who tried to give him everything he could to succeed and turn things around

    everyone keeps ignoring that the team around him continued to perform while he declined
    6 Team Yahoo HTH League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G


    20 Team Fantrax HTH League
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    4 C, 8 W, 6 D, 1 G, 6 Bench
    Dynasty, Farm 20 Prospects under 135 GP


    14 Team Yahoo HTH League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •