Thread: Anton Zlobin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Anton Zlobin

I think this kid is possibly the most overlooked prospect on this site. He hasn't cracked Dobber's top 215 prospects, hasn't even been MENTIONED in the fantasy guide, and yet he's probably the 2nd most offensively talented prospect down the wing for the Pens. He just laid down 91 points in 61 games in the QMJHL for 2012-2013, his 3rd campaign in the league. The fact that he's stuck around for that long in the minors says to me that he's not going back across the pond to the KHL.

The only knocks on his game that I've heard are that he could stand to improve his skating, but when I watch video of his play, I just don't see it. What I do see is great puck control in traffic, NHL calibre release on his wrist shot, and the ability to get to the front of the net for dirty goals.

Meanwhile, I know that the Pens are notorious for keeping their prospects in development, so I've definitely tempered my expectations for 2013-14. However, with the Pens' UFA situation (losing 4 wingers in the top-9, resigning Geno & Letang), I could see him getting a cup of coffee to start 2013-14, if only to reduce costs.
    Last edited by number54; June 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Good point.

Definitely worth a look in deep leagues. Only counter argument I have is that PIT seems to use cheap, two way players in their bottom six (Letestu, Vitale, Adams, Asham, Cooke, etc) rather than use cheap young guys with offensive upside in thier top 6 consistently.

Other teams go the route of spending a little more evenly and build a strong, 2 way 3rd line as well as very capable 4th liners who can play 10+mins and maybe kill some penalties.

Of course, Bennett may become an exception and this could just be due to the fact their offensive forward prospects have been mostly busts the last few years too.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Master

I'm buying what your selling and own in him one of my leagues .

I think he's worth the risk of ownership depending on the size of your farm team

Dobber Sports Padawan

Admin: Please delete or bury this thread IMMEDIATELY!

Disclaimer: I agree with the OP.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Pro

You must also keep in mind that he doesn't have great size at about 5'11 and 195 and also put up 91 points as a 20 year old player. I don't think he's a bad prospect but I don't think he's as good as some people here seem to think
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Guru

Zlobin is far away from NHL. I have zero expectations for him. I don't except him to become NHL'er but if he does, it's a nice surprise.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Padawan

With the money Pittsburgh is tying up with their big names he's absolutely worth a shot.

He turned 20 in February. He was over a PPG in 11-12. Mantha doesn't get as many goals if Zlobin isn't dishing to him. Sounds like a good winger for a scoring center.

He also scored the GWG in the 2012 Memorial Cup.

It's also weird to read that someone who's a c-hair under 6 feet and is 200 pounds is "undersized". This isn't one of Dobber's midget love-affairs, he's average size.

I agree that Bennett is the big problem as he'd have to surpass him, and Kuhnhackl is probably a bit ahead due to AHL time, but Zlobin led his teams in points for 2 years straight.

The fact he didn't get a mention in the guide and hasn't been on these boards is all the OP was pointing out, not calling him the next Ovie. And that's hard to argue with.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft