Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Hey Dobber

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Shoeless, this may of already been proposed, or may not. I propose you have an annual " Charity" one-year league. The chosen members chip in a "fee" as the entry-fee into the fantrax treasury and all the funds go to charity at the end of the season, but at the same time we have a great time enjoying a one-year league with community friends. The following year repeat the cycle. Anyway just an idea, can dice it up however you wanted to. Of course, this would not limit anyone from still contributing to any charity cause described.
    We are thinking this even for our keepers. What's 40 bucks?.... Great idea, Shake.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Giant

I think the "charity league" idea is outstanding. Even better if sponsored by Dobber, and the winner receives some free merch / prospect guides / fantasy guides, etc.

Seems like a win-win for everyone involved. Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Shoeless, this may of already been proposed, or may not. I propose you have an annual " Charity" one-year league. The chosen members chip in a "fee" as the entry-fee into the fantrax treasury and all the funds go to charity at the end of the season, but at the same time we have a great time enjoying a one-year league with community friends. The following year repeat the cycle. Anyway just an idea, can dice it up however you wanted to. Of course, this would not limit anyone from still contributing to any charity cause described.
    Why me? I can feed you what you need for this, Shakedown. Let's do it together and that offer stands for anyone else on the forums.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's a wrap - final total - $1362.83 USD

Thanks all for your kind generosity.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Story in The Hockey News

Hey, just wanted to update you all. There is a story on Shoeless, his efforts, and your generosity in the latest edition of The Hockey News. Page 13.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Hey, just wanted to update you all. There is a story on Shoeless, his efforts, and your generosity in the latest edition of The Hockey News. Page 13.
    Hey - great news Scribe - thanks for writing it - any chance I get to see it?

By the way, since you submitted that article - Ryan Ma and Gainerama stepped up big time and donated all the funds required for a year to underwrite all the cost associated with a young fellow getting Type 1 diabetes.

That's normally a death sentence out in the jungle - but our guys were generous enough to ensure not only medical supplies and medicine he needs, but also a cell phone to contact the doctor if he gets in trouble and his bi-monthly transportation costs to the diabetes clinic for intensive testing and education.

This is a big deal because his family lives well below the poverty line.

Dobber Sports Master

Yeah, I would love to see that article as well. Normally I would just go out any buy the magazine, but the Hockey News is a rare creature in New Zealand. It would be appreciated if someone could post it somewhere for us to read.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    Yeah, I would love to see that article as well. Normally I would just go out any buy the magazine, but the Hockey News is a rare creature in New Zealand. It would be appreciated if someone could post it somewhere for us to read.
    Yeah, THN isn't on many newstands in Korea either.

Dobber Sports Ace

You can view it or buy it in digital format.

www.thehockeynews.com. Go to the bottom of page and look for the cover. Headline says "Great Red Hope" and has Red Wings.

You can view the page (Page 13) up close and print it off (for free) or if you want the whole issue, you can buy it.

Hope this helps.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Hey - great news Scribe - thanks for writing it - any chance I get to see it?

By the way, since you submitted that article - Ryan Ma and Gainerama stepped up big time and donated all the funds required for a year to underwrite all the cost associated with a young fellow getting Type 1 diabetes.

That's normally a death sentence out in the jungle - but our guys were generous enough to ensure not only medical supplies and medicine he needs, but also a cell phone to contact the doctor if he gets in trouble and his bi-monthly transportation costs to the diabetes clinic for intensive testing and education.

This is a big deal because his family lives well below the poverty line.
    That's great news, Shoeless. I would love to mention that on Twitter or on my blog. Would Ryan and Gainerama mind if mentioned their names?
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    That's great news, Shoeless. I would love to mention that on Twitter or on my blog. Would Ryan and Gainerama mind if mentioned their names?
    Well I kinda threw their names out there with no repercussions but I guess if you PMed them and asked.....

The Great One

Well I kinda threw their names out there with no repercussions but I guess if you PMed them and asked.....
    Will you be collecting again sometime, or was this a one-time deal?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Will you be collecting again sometime, or was this a one-time deal?
    Pretty much an ongoing thing, als_revenge. 8000 Cambodian people will die this year from diabetes related causes.

If you would like to give and cut that number down, I will make sure the money gets there.

Dobber Sports Ace

Pretty much an ongoing thing, als_revenge. 8000 Cambodian people will die this year from diabetes related causes.

If you would like to give and cut that number down, I will make sure the money gets there.
    Stick-tap on those shinpads, Shoeless.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league