Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Hey Dobber

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Do you guys want to be kept informed of the rising total or do you want to be held in suspense?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Do you guys want to be kept informed of the rising total or do you want to be held in suspense?
    Yea for sure, let's see the progress. Always good to see progression of something great!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Alright, $345.85 USD to date, with some pledges to come on top of that. 7 days into the Praba Campaign
    Last edited by Shoeless; June 22, 2013 at 1:55 AM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just sent you an email. Keep up the good work.
    12-Team League: One-Year, H2H Format
    Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5B, 1IR, 3IR+

C: Crosby, Zibanejad, Scheifele
    LW: Ovechin, Gaudreau, McTavish (C)
    RW: Pastrnak, Konecny, DeBrincat (L)
    D: Hamilton, Theodore, Burns, Dunn
    G: Vanecek, Grubauer, Merzlikins, Johansson
    IR:Rodrigues (C,L,R)
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Just sent you an email. Keep up the good work.
    thanks Badger - really appreciate the contribution.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

$443.94 USD is the new updated total. You guys are really starting to put the puck on net here.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I think you are right cdubb - it's sorta like 'okay, these guys are aliens that do this stuff, but they sure are generous, so who am I to judge?'
    Haha! Generous aliens... I like that!

Almost $445 USD, nice!!! Keep it coming guys!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

$662.55 USD now.

When I went to Cambodia the last time, a friend pressed some cash in my hand as I was heading out to the taxi on my way to the bus and the airport. It wasn't a lot, but she asked that I use it to help in some way. With some help, I found an old woman who lived alone with no family support. She had lost most of her sight due to diabetic complications and yet every day she took a few cakes that a neighbor prepared for her and she walked 2 kms to the market to sell those cakes and the money she made (less than a dollar) was her means to survive. With the donated money, we delivered rice, fish and soya sauce, dry noodles and fixed the leaky roof over her tiny shack so she stayed drier in the rainy season. Her response to this? "I have rice, tomorrow I won't be hungry. Your friend is like a god."

Now that might sound like a dramatic little vignette someone would fabricate, but it is very real. And the story that is going down right now on these forums is very real and equally dramatic (and as heartwarming as all get out).
    Last edited by Shoeless; June 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM.

Hey Rick:

This is such a great cause that I had to contribute just a little bit too. This is just another great reason that I love this community so much.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

$818.39 (updated at edit time below)

I am having a hard time keeping up with taking screenshots of my paypal transactions page for tranparency purposes. Nice problem to have.
    Last edited by Shoeless; June 22, 2013 at 7:13 PM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
    Hey Rick:

This is such a great cause that I had to contribute just a little bit too. This is just another great reason that I love this community so much.
    Thanks Woodrow - the little bits are really adding up (and the fact is they aren't little bits in the context of the Cambodian situation). I agree - this is for me the best online community I belong to and this week has demonstrated once more why that is.

Dobber Sports Monster

This is simply awesome. Much respect to the fellow dobbernation crew who gave a little bit of themselves to others in need. Fantastic stuff!

Rick thanks for bringing this forward to the group here! This place is amazing, we can , at times bang around on each other and have some disagreements and some wild conversations, but at the end of the day, its got a family type component here.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    This is simply awesome. Much respect to the fellow dobbernation crew who gave a little bit of themselves to others in need. Fantastic stuff!

Rick thanks for bringing this forward to the group here! This place is amazing, we can , at times bang around on each other and have some disagreements and some wild conversations, but at the end of the day, its got a family type component here.
    Yeah Shaker, I think the guys on the forums are a bunch of latter day Pat Ginnells. Pat was coaching Bobby Clark in Flin Flon and coming up to Bobby's draft year, it was apparent that no NHL teams were looking at Bobby because of his diabetes. So Pat took him to the Mayo Clinic (at that time in the late 60's, Flin Flon to the Mayo was as normal as me riding my bike to the moon today) and asked them to evaluate Bobby's likelihood of being able to play professional hockey in light of his diabetes. He got a positive review of course and the Flyers took him the next year in the 2nd round. The rest is history of course, but without Ginnell believing, it never comes to pass.

Dobberites believing like this, will make the same kind of difference on outcomes - of that I have no doubt. Any contribution here, big or small, is basically saying I believe and there is great power in that alone. If we change the world of one person to the positive, then we have changed the world to the positive.

By the way, credit where credit is due - Praba started this parade and I thank him for the vision.
    Last edited by Shoeless; June 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

$903.39 USD - rolling, rolling, rolling, keep those doggies rolling!

Kinda cute - someone was so thrilled with Bernier getting traded and a shot at starting that he wanted to celebrate by making a contribution. (I know how he feels :O ) Thank you Nonis and Lombardi?
    Last edited by Shoeless; June 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM.

Dobber Sports Legend

Rick, check your email and paypal if you already haven't Sunday (EST time). I'm sure you're being bombarded.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka