Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Penguins can't keep Malkin and Sidney

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'd rather see Bennett with Crosby. Cros thrives off of Dupuis speed. IF (big if, there is a lot of interest) but IF Pitt signs Clarkson, I would rather see their lines shaking out as

Bennett-Crosby-Clarkson
    Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
    Cooke-Sutter-Jokinen
    Glass-Vitale-Signing

Orpik-Martin (shutdown pair)
    Letang-Depres (two-way pair)
    Engellend/Harrington-Niskanen (physical pair)
    Who's your goalie?
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Pro

Guys like Clarkson and Bickell are going to get PAAIIIIDDDDDD this summer.They'll get damn near $4MM a season. You watch. There's slim pickins out there for UFAs.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    Guys like Clarkson and Bickell are going to get PAAIIIIDDDDDD this summer.They'll get damn near $4MM a season. You watch. There's slim pickins out there for UFAs.
    i think clarkson may go for more than that to be honest with you

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

clarkson should get at least 5. every team could use a guy like him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Don't forget about Clowe and horton when discussing Clarkson and Bickell!!
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by deantime419 View Post
    Don't forget about Clowe and horton when discussing Clarkson and Bickell!!
    clowe gave skinner a run for his money as far as concussions this past season and horton appears to be hurt again (shocking i know)

yes those guys do factor in but i think that clarkson is a much healthier option than the other two

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    So who do you put him ahead of: Quick, Lundqvist, Rinne, Lehtonen? Thats high praise for 138 GP (Yes I said Lehtonen, Dallas would be have floundered in a Florida type situation the last couple years without him. He regularly and dominantly steals a lot of games for them.)
    I would put him ahead of all 3 of those goalies. He is the best goalie in the world period. How many games he has played means nothing. Just as Gretzky was the best player in the world in his first year in the nhl. Rask is the best period!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    clarkson should get at least 5. every team could use a guy like him.
    yup. let the bidding begin.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    clowe gave skinner a run for his money as far as concussions this past season and horton appears to be hurt again (shocking i know)

yes those guys do factor in but i think that clarkson is a much healthier option than the other two
    For sure.

I'm starting a new thread on these guys because i don't want to get off topic.

I'm also hping the Pens make room for Bennett full time next year and give him ample shots in the top 6. He was effective when he played and I never really heard anything negative about his play. He also produced pretty decently on a low scoring WBS squad when in the AHL.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I would put him ahead of all 3 of those goalies. He is the best goalie in the world period. How many games he has played means nothing. Just as Gretzky was the best player in the world in his first year in the nhl. Rask is the best period!
    Uh. With all those trophies and stats and accolades to back him up? Believable. He's a good goalie, but he still got beat out by Thomas as the starter last year. Really good? Yes. Hands down best goalie in the world. Not a chance.

Banned

Can't keep both them? Impossible? Can't compete with the other strong teams?

What complete and utter nonsense this post is Dobber, were you drunk or something?

Funny how the Pens were able to make it to the finals two years in a row (and win one) with 10 mil less (averaged) than they'll have next season. In today's NHL there's no such thing as a 'dynasty'...or perhaps to put it better, the 'new' definition of a dynasty is really just a team that is a top 5 competitor for the cup every year for a decade or more, if you somehow expect that you can build a team that will win the cup every year or two in the modern NHL then you're simply delusional. The best you can hope to do is to build the strongest team that you can around an excellent core and tweak tweak tweak it every year until you hopefully get the recipe just right. And that formula doesn't involve throwing away an elite superstar like Malkin for 'depth' players just because that seems to have worked for another franchise, that makes zero sense...sure if you get an offer too good to refuse then yeah you need to think long and hard over it, but GMs spend their whole careers trying to acquire players of Malkin's calibre, not trading them away.

The comment about the Bruins was completely naive too, no top 25 players? WTF? Maybe if all you pay attention to is their pts totals...You've got the best faceoff man in the league (in addition to being one of the league's better 2-way forwards IMO), you've got one of the all time great shut down d-men in the league, who just happens to be a HUGE and absolutely punishing player to play against. You've got an elite young goalie who is hitting the top of his game and has shown that he can step it up when the chips are down. Beyond that the Bruins have simply made excellent choices with the pieces that they've added, the Penguins just need to take a few lessons on the 'kind' of players to sign to fill those secondary roles...toughness, strong 2-way play, versatility and heart that's what they need to focus on...in other words, fill the void Staal left behind and cut away the chaff (Fleury, Jokinen, Kennedy, Cooke, even Dupuis who I like as a Pen is not going to be worth the salary he'll be seeking)