Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brad Richards/Brandon Gallagher

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Brad Richards/Brandon Gallagher

In a League like the one i signatur + Pims I have been offered Brad Richards but he want Brandon Gallagher in return. I could use the face offs and I have the D men to cover for hits.

Will Brad Richards bounce back to where he is worth owing / is Gallagher the real thing and a must keep player ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd go Gallagher on this one - I don't think Richards will improve; but Gallagher sure will.
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think I'd stick with what you've got here. Gallagher is young and will earn more responsibility as he moves forward, whereas Richards is on the downside of his career (or at least it sure looks that way). A new coach could really make a difference for Richards, though.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm all for Richards on this one.
    With a new coach in NY I think Richards can become a top fantasy player again. Also since your league counts FW Richards is a bit more valuable. Hits can be found on the WW. I love Brendan Gallagher but I still see Brad Richards putting up more points over the next 2-3 years.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Wizard

there is not a coach in the league that will give richards as much rope as torts did in order to hang himself

he was put with gaborik last season past the point of all reason and he was put with nash this past season past the point of all reason

he was kept on the number 1 pp even though he clearly didnt belong on it

i dont see another coach giving him that much to be honest with you

richards is toast i personally wouldnt want the guy going forward

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

I would go B.Rich but I still value him. I think the gamble is worth the reward. What you can gain is more valuable then what you'd be potentially be losing.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    there is not a coach in the league that will give richards as much rope as torts did in order to hang himself

he was put with gaborik last season past the point of all reason and he was put with nash this past season past the point of all reason

he was kept on the number 1 pp even though he clearly didnt belong on it

i dont see another coach giving him that much to be honest with you

richards is toast i personally wouldnt want the guy going forward
    I disagree. I would go with the proven guy everyday. As for Torts, the guy is insane. The best quote I heard was when you can have a Brad Richards stop working for you, you have lost your team. Plus when you turn one of the most dynamic offensive players (Gaborik) into a checker there is a problem. Love to see Torts in Vancouver with the Sedins blocking 22 shots a game.

I will take Richards in this one.
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    I disagree. I would go with the proven guy everyday. As for Torts, the guy is insane. The best quote I heard was when you can have a Brad Richards stop working for you, you have lost your team. Plus when you turn one of the most dynamic offensive players (Gaborik) into a checker there is a problem. Love to see Torts in Vancouver with the Sedins blocking 22 shots a game.

I will take Richards in this one.
    brad richards showed up this season out of shape because he didnt think there was a season

he knew what torts was before he got here and if he thought he deserved special treatment as a result he is the problem not torts

brad richards is a mercenary stiff who is trying to blame everyone else but himself for his failing game

if he wasnt happy with the way torts treated him why did he choose to come and play for him

there isnt a coach in the world that would have given richards the ice time he got to keep not producing

and torts did not try to turn gaborik into a checker he tried to switch the wing he played same thing oates did with ovechkin

i have no problem arguing if it was the right decision or if torts was the right guy to do it but gaborik was not being turned into a checker his 41 goals in 11-12 says something completely different

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

I only play points-only so I may be missing something here, but I don't know how this is even up for debate.

Gallagher plays forty good games in the NHL and suddenly he's worth more than a guy who averaged 78 points in the last three seasons (excluding last)?

One bad playoff does not mean the dude is finished.

Dobber Sports Wizard

his production has declined every single seasons since 09-10

nearly 1/3 of his points this past season came in the final 6 games of the season against bottom feeding teams

this isnt about 1 bad playoffs it is about a player that is getting old and lazy and is on the down swing of his career

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    I would go B.Rich but I still value him. I think the gamble is worth the reward. What you can gain is more valuable then what you'd be potentially be losing.
    I would go with this statement here. But I'm not high on Gallagher either, so I have very little problem taking a shot on a bounce back from Richards. You've got to think he comes back with a chip on his shoulder this year.

Dobber Sports Initiate

gaborik was not being turned into a checker his 41 goals in 11-12 says something completely different

You just confirmed what I was saying. What happened to Gaborik's 41 goals. Why was he often demoted the same way Richard's was. I am not arguing that Richard's play declined. I am saying that a lot of it has to do with Torts. If not, they would not have fired him. Torts calling out his players in his media show became pretty tiresome. Ridiculing Hagelin for his powerplay is just an example. You say no coach would give him time. If Gomez and Redden can get time, trust me a player that has averaged 78 points his last 3 seasons and in a bad year still scored at a 60 point pace with reduced ice time will still be in great demand.
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    gaborik was not being turned into a checker his 41 goals in 11-12 says something completely different

You just confirmed what I was saying. What happened to Gaborik's 41 goals. Why was he often demoted the same way Richard's was. I am not arguing that Richard's play declined. I am saying that a lot of it has to do with Torts. If not, they would not have fired him. Torts calling out his players in his media show became pretty tiresome. Ridiculing Hagelin for his powerplay is just an example. You say no coach would give him time. If Gomez and Redden can get time, trust me a player that has averaged 78 points his last 3 seasons and in a bad year still scored at a 60 point pace with reduced ice time will still be in great demand.
    what happened to gaboriks 41 goals is an idiot of a gm thought it was a great idea to get 3 top 6 RWs for 2 spots

then a coach who isnt very good at the nuances of the game made the moronic decision to change the lifelong RW to LW instead of the guy who had played LW before

then the lazy player who has never been a team player in his entire career (there are pages of newspaper articles on this from his minny days btw) decided he had his feelings hurt and he gave up

as i said i have no problem discussing that the decision to move gaborik to LW was one that blew up and plenty of people were to blame but gaborik was not being turned into a checking player that is just factually inaccurate

and it is factually inaccurate to try to portray richards decline as torts induced when torts did everything he possibly could to get richards game going again hell one of the biggest things i hated about torts was the fact that richards continued to get forced into the best situations when the team clearly had much better options to choose from but since richards was his boy he decided to keep pushing matters

i never said richards wouldnt be in demand and i never said he wouldnt produce at all

but richards is clearly on a downward trend in terms of scoring and it is his age as well as bad habits which are causing it not torts

it doenst help the OP to give information which isnt correct because he will be expecting a bounce back that just isnt going to happen

richards was given as much prime ice time as he could handle and he failed

steapan didnt fail and in the time he was in new york brassard didnt fail

how is it that both of those players managed to be able to play well under such an oppressive system if torts is the one to blame

richards is a declining asset and has been for several seasons now

he got the opportunity to play with gaborik during a 41 goal season and with nash during the equivalent of a 39 goal season and he wasnt able to keep his game from declining either time

i dont see how that is anyones fault but his

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    what happened to gaboriks 41 goals is an idiot of a gm thought it was a great idea to get 3 top 6 RWs for 2 spots

then a coach who isnt very good at the nuances of the game made the moronic decision to change the lifelong RW to LW instead of the guy who had played LW before

then the lazy player who has never been a team player in his entire career (there are pages of newspaper articles on this from his minny days btw) decided he had his feelings hurt and he gave up

as i said i have no problem discussing that the decision to move gaborik to LW was one that blew up and plenty of people were to blame but gaborik was not being turned into a checking player that is just factually inaccurate

and it is factually inaccurate to try to portray richards decline as torts induced when torts did everything he possibly could to get richards game going again hell one of the biggest things i hated about torts was the fact that richards continued to get forced into the best situations when the team clearly had much better options to choose from but since richards was his boy he decided to keep pushing matters

i never said richards wouldnt be in demand and i never said he wouldnt produce at all

but richards is clearly on a downward trend in terms of scoring and it is his age as well as bad habits which are causing it not torts

it doenst help the OP to give information which isnt correct because he will be expecting a bounce back that just isnt going to happen

richards was given as much prime ice time as he could handle and he failed

steapan didnt fail and in the time he was in new york brassard didnt fail

how is it that both of those players managed to be able to play well under such an oppressive system if torts is the one to blame

richards is a declining asset and has been for several seasons now

he got the opportunity to play with gaborik during a 41 goal season and with nash during the equivalent of a 39 goal season and he wasnt able to keep his game from declining either time

i dont see how that is anyones fault but his
    I think you opinion about Richards is clearly expressed. But do you see Gallagher as any better? If not, do you see him with a 70pt ceiling in the next few years?

I think even a modest stance on Richards, you could say he has a chance at 70 pts next season. And that's being reasonable.
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    I think you opinion about Richards is clearly expressed. But do you see Gallagher as any better? If not, do you see him with a 70pt ceiling in the next few years?

I think even a modest stance on Richards, you could say he has a chance at 70 pts next season. And that's being reasonable.
    gallagher is probably 3 years out from hitting 70 if he gets there

yes you can say richards has a chance at 70 next year and MAF has a chance at winning the vezina next year

i dont see the chance very good for richards to do that i think 60-65 is probably the top end for him next season and it will continue to go down from there

richards might have 1 year left where he puts up more than gallagher after that i just dont see it

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max