Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kopitar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kopitar

So... the world knows that Kopi hit a pretty substantial slump this season and even more so in the post-season.. I'm a huge Kopi homer and truly believes he's got 100pt potential. The question is is that whether or not he can actually do it on that team because to be quite frank, he won't be seeing a change of scenery in his career.

I will be keeping him on my team regardless because he does contribute to all cats we score in our league, but is this slump something other Kopi owners are concerned about or is it simply water under the bridge and look forward to the future of this awesome awesome and in my mind underrated star ??

Rep will be given as I'm just really, either looking for a slap in the face or signs of encouragement.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Dobber Sports Monster

I would not worry much about him at all. He started the season slow which is most likely due to his knee injury in Sweden during the lockout. Also with a shortened season, he just never really got it going. He'll be just fine going forward.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Anze's just entering his prime, I see no reason to be worried about him. These guys just won the cup last year, he took no time off and they had 2 grueling 6 and 7 game series. I chalk their playoff performance as pretty darn good considering.

I don't see him as hitting 100, he has the potential but in LA he may be stuck around 80-90 which is still elite.

If it helps as my first sentence said, he's just entering his prime and has his best hockey ahead of him, not behind.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think that with a few players having an outrageously productive season that the steady production of others appeared somewhat weak.

Kopitar will be fine but I don't ever expect him to score 100 points, I see 90 as a once in a career kind of peak for him. With tempered expectations you'll see that he still scored at a 73 point pace for an 82 game season which is right around what he has accomplished for much of his career, 75 points plus or minus a few.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Agree with the above poster. Lower your expectations and you have nothing to be worried about. Kopi is great but he's just not a 100 point guy. That's not really a slight either. 100 points is damn hard. Crosby and Malkinare really the only guys who hit it consistently, and Kopi just isn't in that caliber of player offensively. 75 points should be your expectation.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would love to get my hands on Kopitar in my league.. He definitely is one of the studs in the NHL.. He is not only a big time scorer, he is a two-way beast for the Kings aswell..

I think with winning the Stanley cup last season, probably having a very busy summer, and then playing in this shortened season, added to Kopitar's down year.. I wouldn't worry, I'm sure he will come back next season highly motivated to win again..

You have to remember, Kopitar is still only 25 and has only played 6 seasons(before this shortened season) in the NHL scoring: 61, 77, 66, 81, 73, 76 respectively..

I feel he stays in this 70-80 point range with a couple seasons into the mid 80-90's range..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kopitar

I agree with the majority of posters, his all around value is very high and useful in multi-cat pools. Unfortunately a huge variable is with Darryl Sutter as coach, and the style he employs, it'll always leave Kopi fantasy fans wanting for more and limits his ability to reach his true scoring potential. 75pts under this regime seems top end and unlikely to change as long as Sutter hangs his hat in LA. On another team or with a more progressive coach 85+ is probably where he'd be yearly.

Edit: sorry, I was trying to add a picture..
    Last edited by Zorro; June 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

What a stud!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No need to worry about Kopitar he should continue to remain around PPG totals but I think 100 points is very optimistic even for a homer. Kopitar's overall game hurts his fantasy game. The Kings will continue to keep him as a two way guy which is good for them but bad for Kopitar owners.
    2010-2011 League Champion
    2012-2013 Runner Up
    ROTO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2,G | G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, BS, W, GAA, SV%
    C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    LW: Hall, Tlusty
    RW: Malkin, Lupul
    D: Ehrhoff, Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle
    G: Holtby, Smith
    Bench: Faulk, Druoin, MacKinnon, Brodin, S. Mason, Bernier
    H2H Keeper League [5F, 1D, 1F/D 1G]
    2013 - 3rd
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D,1 Ult, 1 G -H2H Daily Start - G, A, +/-, Hits, BS, PPP, SHP - W, SV, GAA, SO
    F:Tavares, Landeskog, E.Kane, Backes, Yakupov, RNH/Kesler
    D: Green/OEL
    G: Rask

Dobber Sports Pro

Kopitar is a fantastic center and any team would love to have him, with that said I'd say his potential is 85 points and he will likely be 75 on any given season give or take a few either way
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Pro

He could get 100 pts on another team. On LA with those wingers and that style, expect 75-85 pts.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

thanks for the replies, rep going out as fast as it gets refilled.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.

Banned

i've never seen 100 point upside to Kopitar's game... not unless he lines up with Gretzky and Lemieux. It has nothing to do with his coach or his wingers.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with all the people posting earlier. Kopitar will hit his stride again. I don't think he will ever be a 100 point player but I think you could expect 80+ from him in a typical year. He's young - Give him some time.
    13 Team Keeper (keep 6), Weekly H2H, Dress 6 F, 4 D, 2 G's. 1G, 1A, GW2 SO2

F: Tavares, Eichel, Hall, Schenn, Arvidson, Miller, Bertuzzi
    D: Karlsson, Pionk, Hronek, Trouba, Schmidt
    Goalies: Dubnyk, Bishop,Griess