Thread: Dustin Brown

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Dustin Brown

Tough S.O.B.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 5m

Dustin Brown says he tore his PCL in his knee in Game 6 last round. Played through it

Dobber Sports Icon

You knew he had to have something wrong - he just wasn't doing what he usually does, flying around hitting everything in sight.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Also Stoll and Richards coming off concussions.. I wonder what was wrong with Kopitar??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Also Stoll and Richards coming off concussions.. I wonder what was wrong with Kopitar??
    I am not sure if there was anything wrong with Kopitar, health wise. I think his game is evolving into a StevieY / Zetterberg style of game where he is still expected to be an offensive force but is now changing his game to be a fantastic two way player. Kopitar was just playing against some very good checking and the pucks weren't going in for him. I could be totally wrong on the injury thing, but seeing as all the other Kings are coming out with their injuries now and we havent heard anything about Kopi, safe to say there was nothing wrong with him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Wouldn't surprise me if Kopitar was struggling with his knee all season. Certain injuries just need extended rest.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am not sure if there was anything wrong with Kopitar, health wise. I think his game is evolving into a StevieY / Zetterberg style of game where he is still expected to be an offensive force but is now changing his game to be a fantastic two way player. Kopitar was just playing against some very good checking and the pucks weren't going in for him. I could be totally wrong on the injury thing, but seeing as all the other Kings are coming out with their injuries now and we havent heard anything about Kopi, safe to say there was nothing wrong with him.
    I would say a lil' from column A and a lil' from column B. I do not think he was 100% healthy in the playoffs, but I have noticed his play changing. Very responsible at both ends and skates back hard to put pressure on the puck handler pretty much every shift. He was not doing those little things as effectively in the playoffs as he did early on in the season, which begs me to question his overall status...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Banned

what? kopitar has ALWAYS been fantastic two-way player - this didn't suddenly start this year. He was injurred this year, down the stretch and in the playoffs. No question.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    what? kopitar has ALWAYS been fantastic two-way player - this didn't suddenly start this year. He was injurred this year, down the stretch and in the playoffs. No question.
    I thought he looked a little sluggish and a little banged up.. But that was just what I took from it..

Brown's injury was serious, and I can't believe he played.. That took alot of stones to do what he did.. But at the same time, I think he would have been better off letting someone who was 100% come in and help the Kings win.. But I guess when you are captain, you go down with the ship..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I thought he looked a little sluggish and a little banged up.. But that was just what I took from it..

Brown's injury was serious, and I can't believe he played.. That took alot of stones to do what he did.. But at the same time, I think he would have been better off letting someone who was 100% come in and help the Kings win.. But I guess when you are captain, you go down with the ship..
    Apparently a PCL injury is easier to play on than an ACL or MCL injury.

Also, injuring the PCL is really hard to do... it only accounts for about 1.5% those knee ligament injuries (the ACL and MCL are so much more popular).

I'm not gonna lie, when I looked this up I was desparately hoping to see something like "This injury occurs most frequently in professional divers." but alas, no such luck.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Legend

Any possible timetable on his return? In time for camp?
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ace

Should be ready to play next year.

Rarely do PCL injuries need surgery - usually only in multiligamentous injured knees and generally surgical results are not as good as ACL reconstruction.
    Semi-retired