• Boston in 6

20 28.57%
  • Boston in 7

10 14.29%
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final. (1)Chicago Blackhawks vs (4)Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'm confused. If the Oilers can't develop and draft their own players properly then they don't deserve the Cup.
    Why are you confused? We agree completely on this matter.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I saw him offering his reasons why he would rather see the Bruins win than the Hawks, and nothing more.

Now why he holds those views is up to speculation I suppose (as well as whether he would hold them if Ottawa was one of those teams that drafted highly), but he has the right to hold them does he not?
    Obviously, everyone has the right to their opinion and I enjoy Big Eve's opinions on hockey as much as anyone's. However, you asked why people were objecting to his opinions. I can only speak for myself and I already answered that.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    It was pretty great to watch that high draft pick Kane utterly dominate, though. I hope the bruins don't start sniping for his head in game 6. Have Bickell around him at all times.
    Obviously you are trying to push Big Ev's buttons here by talking about "high draft picks" again. And what are you talking about "sniping for his head", come on Shawnee, your better then that.. Opinions are opinions, and I agree that everyone can have them, but these are not opinions here, this is you trying to get a rise out of someone.

Lets just talk hockey and enjoy a great game 6, no matter what way it goes..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

We *are* talking hockey.... why do you keep calling me out for expressing my opinions, while Big Ev is doing the exact same thing regarding teams not doing things "right?" I think it's a very legitimate opinion to say that Boychuk went headhunting for Toews, and that Kane should watch out.

Seriously...just let us talk without judging who is trying to get a rise out of who - you're better than that.
    Last edited by ShawneePanthers; June 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Ninja

This thread has so much fail.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Needs more cowbell.

GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The guy behind Will Farrell is definitely enjoying the cowbell.. Maybe that's all we need, great idea!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Well said. The last four pages of this thread are a fail for sure.

There are tons of ways to build a championship team, and in the salary cap era, it definitely ranges.

Dobber Sports Legend

I'm fully expecting another close battle tomorrow night that results in a Bruins victory. When it's all said and done this will go down as one of the better Cup Finals in recent history IMO.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Monster

Miss the old days when a conversation could be had and go both ways with very little bitching at each other. Miss the good debates. To many threads lately go from good debate to just flat out immaturity. Hopefully we can learn to find those " old days" again.

Once again the thread goes way off base. The thread is about the 2013 Stanley Cup Final and the events, news etc of THIS series. Chicago Blackhawks vs Boston Bruins.

How the teams were constructed, and whatever draft picks and free agent signings are for a different thread and time.

Sorry to offend anyone, it just gets old after seeing this type of thing time and time again.

Go Hawks!!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Miss the old days when a conversation could be had and go both ways with very little bitching at each other. Miss the good debates. To many threads lately go from good debate to just flat out immaturity. Hopefully we can learn to find those " old days" again.

Once again the thread goes way off base. The thread is about the 2013 Stanley Cup Final and the events, news etc of THIS series. Chicago Blackhawks vs Boston Bruins.

How the teams were constructed, and whatever draft picks and free agent signings are for a different thread and time.

Sorry to offend anyone, it just gets old after seeing this type of thing time and time again.

Go Hawks!!
    Whatever Shake, you're team built their team the "wrong" way.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MolsonX View Post
    Whatever Shake, you're team built their team the "wrong" way.
    LOL. Hey my take is, I could give a rats ass " how" they built their teams. It's all about winning. If we draft, buy free agents, I don't care how it gets done. As long as the job gets done, its all good for me. We're about to have 2 Stanley Cups in 4 years. So yeah, who cares what draft picks we had, etc etc . Yadda Yadda Yadda. People can debate or bitch about " how". It gives them something to talk about while their teams are on the golf course. I'll watch my team clinch another Stanley Cup!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I'm fully expecting another close battle tomorrow night that results in a Bruins victory. When it's all said and done this will go down as one of the better Cup Finals in recent history IMO.
    We've actually been pretty spoiled with some great series recently.

2011 was just brutal and ugly all round, but went 7 games and had it all.

I'm personally partial to 2006, and the 2004 series was also VERY fun to watch.

In terms of quality of hockey though this series is awfully tough to match.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    and when I said perennial loser, if you;re saying they were horrible from 2000-2008, then yes that is perennial loser to me. Edmonton is a perennial loser and was in the same boat in terms of previous success.
    Sorry man, sometimes when you shoot from the hip, you end up shooting yourself in the foot. Success is winning the Stanley Cup, otherwise you are just the first loser (Ricky Bobby). Allow me to go overboard:

Chicago - Joined NHL in 1926. Stanley Cups won over 87 years in league - 4 (2010, 1961, 1938, 1934)

Edmonton - Joined NHL in 1979. Stanley Cups won over 34 years in league - 5 (1990, 1988, 1987, 1985, 1984)

When either Chi or Bos win the Cup, they will only be the second team to win two Stanley Cups over the last 14 years. Even the vaunted Pittsburgh Penguins under Crosby/Malkin's tenure has only yielded one Cup. Oh yeah, they've been a "great" team, but so has San Jose and Vancouver by those standards.

I'm pretty sure that's not what Ev was getting at, so I'll just state that I didn't like Edmonton being called perennial losers (it just depends when you start counting!)...I'll get back to the thread's original intent.
    ----------------
    Damn fine series. I've enjoyed every game so far and hope it goes 7 as I am not invested in either of the teams. I just want to watch more hockey of this calibre. It's entertaining as hell.

I don't really care how a team has built itself up. It doesn't matter whether the team has sucked for many, many years (including my Oilers!) or drafted well despite drafting low. There are no prizes for best drafting from a perennial contending team and the ONLY prize that really matters each year is that very large piece of silver, regardless of how a team gets there.

Both Chicago and Boston's management deserve huge kudos for how they've built their teams to get to this point. As an Oiler fan, I am jealous of these team's management and wish Edmonton had the same type of vision, but I digress.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

Where's ericdaost??? We can't have a trainwreck thread without him, it just wouldn't be right.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".