7 10.00%
  • Boston in 6

20 28.57%
  • Boston in 7

10 14.29%
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final. (1)Chicago Blackhawks vs (4)Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Veteran

I hate, haate, HATE Boston. They deserve nothing more than to lose on home ice. How many instances of headhunting does it take before we see suspensions? It paid off with Toews being knocked out here and no repercussions as of yet. It's the playoffs, f**k it. If that's the case, let's allow players to swing sticks up high whenever they get mad.

Side note, I hope Bergeron is ok. He's one of the only Bruins I have any respect for.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Good empty netter - shooter made no mistake there. Boston fans will predictably be bitter over the uncalled trip - it's a convenient excuse to attribute to the score- but that's not the reason they lost this game.

I've always disliked Lucic ever since he ran over Ryan Miller... and ran AWAY from Laraque- so you can understand how delighted I was to see him break his stick in frustration after the goal.
    It was an obvious trip that went uncalled and given the Bruins penchant for late game heroics, it is a blown call that may have had a significant impact on the game.

That being said, the Bruins did not deserve to win this game, the Blackhawks did. Some people may try to use the missed call as an excuse, but it's a poor one. This series has been so tight that every missed call (and there have been a few) could have swung the series in either direction. It's part of the game.

Dobber Sports Sage

Good empty netter - shooter made no mistake there. Boston fans will predictably be bitter over the uncalled trip - it's a convenient excuse to attribute to the score- but that's not the reason they lost this game.

I've always disliked Lucic ever since he ran over Ryan Miller... and ran AWAY from Laraque- so you can understand how delighted I was to see him break his stick in frustration after the goal.
    Good post.

I enjoyed seeing Lucic's tantrum as well.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Banned

So Chicago played the cleanest game ever for Boston to not get one PP, I guess.

as for Boston headhunting, they play the game the right way. I;d much rather see this team win again then Chicago as I hate seeing perennial losers become amazing through high draft picks and winning lotteries. Boston built their team the right way.

Dobber Sports Stud

I didn't even realize it - so that was the reason Toews wasn't playing? Possible concussion?
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    So Chicago played the cleanest game ever for Boston to not get one PP, I guess.

as for Boston headhunting, they play the game the right way. I;d much rather see this team win again then Chicago as I hate seeing perennial losers become amazing through high draft picks and winning lotteries. Boston built their team the right way.
    This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. So any team that gets a high draft pick or wins the lottery isn't rebuilding the right way?

When you say right way - I am sure you aren't talking about the optimal way because teams that get high draft picks certainly do become better and can go on to win the cup (Chicago, Pittsburgh)... besides edmonton who drafts high every year but still can't seem to win much. When you say *right* way, you're probably attributing some bizarre sense of morality into not drafting high. Let me put it this way: someone has to get the first overall pick buddy. No team is a stranger to high draft picks, CERTAINLY not Boston - Thornton, Samsonov, Kessel, and D. Hamilton/ Seguin right now?

So in other words: what are you talking about?
    Last edited by ShawneePanthers; June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM.

Dobber Sports Sage

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. So any team that gets a high draft pick or wins the lottery isn't rebuilding the right way? What about Boston when they drafted Thornton and Samsonov?

When you say right way - I am sure you aren't talking about the optimal way because teams that get high draft picks certainly do become better and can go on to win the cup (Chicago, Pittsburgh)... besides edmonton who drafts high every year but still can't seem to win much. When you say *right* way, you're probably attributing some bizarre sense of morality into not drafting high. Let me put it this way: someone has to get the first overall pick buddy.
    I didn't get that post either. First off, Chicago has not been a perennial loser. Yes, they were horrible in the 2000s till 2008 but they had some sustained success in the 80s and 90s including a President's Trophy, Finals appearance, and many playoff successes. To call them a perennial loser is just wrong.

And I think the way the Hawks have rebuilt themselves is the model of success. They have drafted well and made some key signings. Name me a team that has had multiple Finals appearances that didn't have high draft picks and some luck with drafting.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Banned

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. So any team that gets a high draft pick or wins the lottery isn't rebuilding the right way? What about Boston when they drafted Thornton and Samsonov?

When you say right way - I am sure you aren't talking about the optimal way because teams that get high draft picks certainly do become better and can go on to win the cup (Chicago, Pittsburgh)... besides edmonton who drafts high every year but still can't seem to win much. When you say *right* way, you're probably attributing some bizarre sense of morality into not drafting high. Let me put it this way: someone has to get the first overall pick buddy.
    That's cool, doesn't mean I want to see that team become a Cup contender.

I'd just rather see teams win who don't jave the luxury of being gifted star players. That's all.

Taking nothing away from Chicago and how they built the rest of their team. I'd just rather see Boston win for the work Chiarelli's done.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pts9889 View Post
    I didn't get that post either. First off, Chicago has not been a perennial loser. Yes, they were horrible in the 2000s till 2008 but they had some sustained success in the 80s and 90s including a President's Trophy, Finals appearance, and many playoff successes. To call them a perennial loser is just wrong.

And I think the way the Hawks have rebuilt themselves is the model of success. They have drafted well and made some key signings. Name me a team that has had multiple Finals appearances that didn't have high draft picks and some luck with drafting.
    Your Hawks are playing one right now. Seguin is the only high pick on the roster, and that doesn't really count here.

For the record, I am talking about high, high picks only. Drafting is without a doubt the key to success in the NHL, and the Hawks gave drafted very well outside of Kane and Toews.

and when I said perennial loser, if you;re saying they were horrible from 2000-2008, then yes that is perennial loser to me. Edmonton is a perennial loser and was in the same boat in terms of previous success.
    Last edited by Big Ev; June 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Dobber Sports Master

Your Hawks are playing one right now. Seguin is the only high pick on the roster, and that doesn't really count here.
    So we are ignoring that Jagr was a 5th overall and Horton was taken 3rd overall? (I know the Bruins didn't draft them, but they are still high picks)

The thing that surprises me is just how few of their roster players were actually drafted by the Bruins. Just 6 (and that includes Dougie Hamilton).

Anyway, just think how good the Hawks would be if they hadn't wasted top 10 picks on Skille and Barker.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    So we are ignoring that Jagr was a 5th overall and Horton was taken 3rd overall? (I know the Bruins didn't draft them, but they are still high picks)

The thing that surprises me is just how few of their roster players were actually drafted by the Bruins. Just 6 (and that includes Dougie Hamilton).

Anyway, just think how good the Hawks would be if they hadn't wasted top 10 picks on Skille and Barker.
    exactly why we are ignoring them, Boston traded for them, they didn't suck and draft them high.

Dobber Sports Stud

The repercussions of trades and draft picks are felt years after the trade/draft pick. The ramifications of the kessel trade are in full effect (Seguin, Hamilton)- you can't just say that those "...don't count." How convenient for you.

Dobber Sports Master

exactly why we are ignoring them, Boston traded for them, they didn't suck and draft them high.
    Because you said that Seguin was the only high pick on the team...

Incidentally, they didn't suck and draft high for anyone on their current roster but that doesn't disprove the notion that you need high picks to succeed.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

The repercussions of trades and draft picks are felt years after the trade/draft pick. The ramifications of the kessel trade are in full effect (Seguin, Hamilton)- you can't just say that those "...don't count." How convenient for you.
    What are you on about? All I'm saying is Boston didn't have to tank and fail hard for years to assemble their Cup team. That's it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Because you said that Seguin was the only high pick on the team...

Incidentally, they didn't suck and draft high for anyone on their current roster but that doesn't disprove the notion that you need high picks to succeed.
    Never said that.

All I said was Boston didn't fail hard before they become a contender. That earns my respect unlike the Penguins.