Thread: Adam Henrique

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Adam Henrique

With Adam Henrique an RFA. I need to decide by this weekend rather to hold on to him hoping he signs a decent contract and performs well next year or just drop him because his fantasy value took a hit this year and his future looks gloom. It's a multi-cat NHL salary related pool. Any thoughts? Keep or Drop! I am thinking drop cause with the cap going down, I am scared to know what his asking price is.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Will it cost you anything to retain him right now? If you have to drop someone to get under a roster limit then let us know who your choices are. At the moment I think the thing to do is wait until he signs somewhere and see what it's for before you make any decisions. Most of the cap leagues I'm familiar with don't require cap compliance during the summer, so I wouldn't worry about it until you know a bit more.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

No it doesn't cost anything but if he signs I am stuck with him. We only have 3 drops during the season so I need to be strategic. Right now I am over the new cap 2013-2014 but I am planning to drop Stastny at 6.6. I am worried cause I have Desharnais whose new cap hit will be 3.5 and Henrique could demand that sort of salary. I was thinking of dropping him now which won't cost me anything and when he signs if the salary is decent I will draft him in the fall.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would drop him, he really isn't anything special.

Dobber Sports Guru

He'll probably sign a reasonable deal (around $2 million per season - at most I see $3 million per season) so I'd keep him unless you absolutely need to save that amount of cap space and can replace him easily with someone cheaper and about as good young player.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Veteran

After cutting Stastny, keeping Henrique is likely to be borderline. I think the above estimate of around $3M is about right, maybe 3.5 to 4M max.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

With RFA deadline tomorrow to not sign them, looking at the cap next year at 64.3 roughly, with the Stastny drop I am 500 000 under the cap with Dupuis as a pending UFA and we know he will get a hefty contract so I guess I might have to drop Henrique and try to look for inexpensive players at the draft. I am currently trying to trade away Green and Goligoski to make cap room.