Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Calgary Flames

colborne, 5gp 5p so far...obviously wont last but interesting to note.

Dobber Sports Ninja

As a life-long Oilers fan, this is hard to admit, but I find myself admiring the Flames and their fans right now. They've got some good young players that play hard night in, night out and I strongly believe that it all stems from management and the coaching staff. I'm really liking the way Hartley goes about his business. This is the polar opposite of the Oilers hierarchy. I can only hope that my team can hold up their end of the bargain in a couple or three years when we should be adding chapters to the Battle of Alberta.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

If anyone watched the game on Friday, how did Markus Granlund look?

Dobber Sports Icon

As I predicted before the season started, the Flames are going to surprise people this year, particularly with their D play. They have a solid and underrated group of Dmen and Hiller/Ramo combo is also underrated, their games this year are going to often be closer to the 2-1/3-2 variety than shootouts, and they'll tend to win more of those games than in the past. The players are buying into Hartley's approach, and it's showing on the ice, especially with "me first" players like Cammalleri long gone. Things are looking good going forward, Oilers mgmt should take note.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Star

Baertschi a minus 3 in about 6 and a half minutes of ice time against Florida. Gross.
    Yahoo Full keeper Dynasty League | 20 Teams, 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 3BN |
    Categories: (G A +- PPP PIM FOW SOG HITS BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO)
    C - Monahan, Kadri, Barzal, Dubois
    LW - Marchand, Benn,
    Guentzel, Kreider
    RW - Laine, DeBrincat, Fischer, Tuch
    D - Karlsson, Muzzin, Niskanen, Skjei, Matheson, Forbort
    G - Bishop, Lehner
    BN - Jankowski, Perlini
    Farm
    C - Norris
    RW - Kyrou
    D -
    Brannstrom
    G - Gillies

Dobber Sports Prodigy

On the plus side, how about that Giordano, what a beast!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by plug View Post
    If anyone watched the game on Friday, how did Markus Granlund look?
    He's looked fantastic actually. Really fitting in. Looks like, in my opinion, the makings of a solid second line centre! My "future" lines I've had in my head look like Gaudreau-Monahan-Bennett, Baertschi (give the kid a damn opportunity lol)-Granlund-Poirier. Maybe Mony is better suited on the second line with Granlund on the wing?
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So the Flames continue to score and win. Can't believe the offense coming from their top 4 D. Insane...

Dobber Sports Guru

I've been incredibly impressed with Moneyhand's progression this year. He's really stepped up in the tough, non-scoring areas of the game while keeping up the scoring. Way ahead of my expectations for his 2nd season.

Dobber Sports All-Star

It would be funny if we were wrong about Monahan all this time and he's actually hiding in the closet as a potential elite prospect.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    I've been incredibly impressed with Moneyhand's progression this year. He's really stepped up in the tough, non-scoring areas of the game while keeping up the scoring. Way ahead of my expectations for his 2nd season.
    Yeah the Flames have been blessed with young talented players who have surprised and proved they are NHL-ready far before anticipated - Brodie, Monahan, Gaudreau have all been really impressive

Dobber Sports All-Star

What's more impressive is when we keep in mind that Monahan is assigned to shut down the other teams top line every night. Seems like he's starting to hold his own against these guys on most nights.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Ninja

So ... some thoughts here. This team is getting crazy good production from strange sources. The back end is obviously the highlight of the roster, along with goaltending.

When you look at the results on ice, you can't argue with the fact that they are winning games. However, there are a lot of underlying stats (which I realize some people don't give two shits about) which seem to indicate there is a lot of smoke and mirrors happening as well.

For those who watch these guys, does it seems like they can keep it up, or should we be expecting a regression this season?

Personally I am shocked that this team keeps winning when you look at some of the underlying stats going on, but in the few games I have actually watched, they just seem to do the right things at just the right time, and are getting the goaltending needed, to get the results. And at the end of the day wins are ALL that matter.

I can't figure this team out at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    So ... some thoughts here. This team is getting crazy good production from strange sources. The back end is obviously the highlight of the roster, along with goaltending.

When you look at the results on ice, you can't argue with the fact that they are winning games. However, there are a lot of underlying stats (which I realize some people don't give two shits about) which seem to indicate there is a lot of smoke and mirrors happening as well.

For those who watch these guys, does it seems like they can keep it up, or should we be expecting a regression this season?

Personally I am shocked that this team keeps winning when you look at some of the underlying stats going on, but in the few games I have actually watched, they just seem to do the right things at just the right time, and are getting the goaltending needed, to get the results. And at the end of the day wins are ALL that matter.

I can't figure this team out at all.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    When was he ever not an elite prospect? He's a stud and has Toews upside
    I agree. This kid is going to develop into a very, very good NHL player for a very long time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."