Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Calgary Flames

Kulak was a -4 tonight vs NYR
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Being at the game he was actually one of the better defensemen, all soft goals by elliot/bad giveaways by Flames.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Monahan needs to get off that top line. He's a solid second liner, but Bennett should be up there. I always thought his first few seasons were a touch flukey, but definitely a solid 1B center/ fantastic 2nd liner. Him and Johnny aren't clicking.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy33 View Post
    Was this happening last year?
    Him being really bad?

Yes.

Dobber Sports Stud

Looks like the Flames have turned the corner and are really starting to look solid.

The powerplay is clicking nicely too

It helps that Johnson took the job and has run with it, hopefully he doesn't overdo it and get hurt because he looks great during this last run.

The team could be even better when Elliott gets back on his game.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Icon

Have a few flames on my squad. .Tendy duo, Sam Bennett , Hamilton and Tkachuk...

What about Sam Bennett...what's his outlook and or upside on this team. .Second line C 50pnts?

- - - Updated - - -

Have a few flames on my squad. .Tendy duo, Sam Bennett , Hamilton and Tkachuk...

What about Sam Bennett...what's his outlook and or upside on this team. .Second line C 50pnts?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

I still think his upside is higher than Monahan's. So 60-70 points. He's really struggling right now though.

Dobber Sports Stud

Elliott's numbers have been better than CJ's over the last few weeks, although the Flames seem to be sinking back into stinkitude of late.

Exposed by the Oil for sure, then very ugly loss at TO.

GM does not have a contract for next year either.

Things not looking so good for Calgary right now.

Selling into the deadline and looking to improve for next season ? Flames fans ?

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Elliott's numbers have been better than CJ's over the last few weeks, although the Flames seem to be sinking back into stinkitude of late.

Selling into the deadline and looking to improve for next season ? Flames fans ?
    Interesting points - I'll take a shot at this.

Goaltending: continues to be an issue. Thought that Elliott/Johnson tandem was a solid solution until Gilles was ready, but clearly that's not the case. They get hung out to dry sometimes, but they also consistently fail to make the key save at important times during games - things that good goalies to do to help their teams win.

Oilers: agree. the 41-31 shots advantage belies who carried the play. But it's easy to forget that the Flames have thoroughly dominated the Oilers over the past 15 years, so we'll give them the series this year.

BT is one of the best in the game, and one of Calgary's key strengths. He's not going anywhere.

They're a young, streaky team who will go on another run. Not sure if it's enough to make the playoffs, but it will be a wild ride.

Doubt they're sellers at the deadline, unless someone is buying Engelland and or Wideman. BT is not a man to panic-sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    Interesting points - I'll take a shot at this.

Goaltending: continues to be an issue. Thought that Elliott/Johnson tandem was a solid solution until Gilles was ready, but clearly that's not the case. They get hung out to dry sometimes, but they also consistently fail to make the key save at important times during games - things that good goalies to do to help their teams win.

Oilers: agree. the 41-31 shots advantage belies who carried the play. But it's easy to forget that the Flames have thoroughly dominated the Oilers over the past 15 years, so we'll give them the series this year.

BT is one of the best in the game, and one of Calgary's key strengths. He's not going anywhere.

They're a young, streaky team who will go on another run. Not sure if it's enough to make the playoffs, but it will be a wild ride.

Doubt they're sellers at the deadline, unless someone is buying Engelland and or Wideman. BT is not a man to panic-sell.
    BT shouldn't go anywhere at seasons end, but he also should already have a new contact.

This team is done this season. They've completely given up. Get completely embarrassed at home by your provincial rival, and then come out next game and get completely embarrassed again. They've quit. Plain and simple, they've quit. And all they can say after the game is "I thought we played better than them but didn't score" which is just certifiably false. Nobody on this team is bothered by losing.

Coach is an idiot, but assume we're stuck with him.

Dobber Sports Stud

thanks for the posts guys, nothing like asking the folks who watch the team on a game by game basis for information.

You were right that they are buyers. Despite the post on the front page today about Stone being a poor choice, I think its a solid move.

Stone had such a serious knee injury that I believe he is only recently getting back into top shape. I have been catching a few of the Coyotes games over the past fortnight as they seem to have improved lately and Stone has played quite well IMHO. I think it was a fair price to pay and perhaps Stone plays it into a contract with the Flames next season. As a free agent he won't be available for Vegas to grab and as a Manitoba kid, Alberta isn't too far from home...

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the posts guys, nothing like asking the folks who watch the team on a game by game basis for information.

You were right that they are buyers. Despite the post on the front page today about Stone being a poor choice, I think its a solid move.

Stone had such a serious knee injury that I believe he is only recently getting back into top shape. I have been catching a few of the Coyotes games over the past fortnight as they seem to have improved lately and Stone has played quite well IMHO. I think it was a fair price to pay and perhaps Stone plays it into a contract with the Flames next season. As a free agent he won't be available for Vegas to grab and as a Manitoba kid, Alberta isn't too far from home...

That trade review was pretty terrible. Wideman literally couldn't handle top 4 minutes in the ECHL right now. To suggest Stone might be worse than him because of his Corsi (commonly mistakenly called "possession") is the reason "watch the game" types say that. Wideman is an offensive defenseman who's default go to is to fling the puck at the net as soon as he touches the puck. He's not "controlling" any type of possession.

Dobber Sports Pro

I didn't want to disrupt the Bishop trade discussion with Flames talk. Can someone explain to me WTF is up with Treliving's obsession with Bishop? Can you imagine the blowback with the season he just had and we would have traded away the pick that became Tkachuk? I also heard that for one of the three times he's tried to acquire Bishop, that time ran out because Ken King was not available to approve the deal. I don't like the idea of a boob like KK overseeing BT in this way, but in this case I'm glad he was.

Three times he tried to get Bishop! Really...?

Dobber Sports Stud

great news about Don Maloney joining the club. He was such a fun player to watch and he has plenty of front office experience. Should be a nice addition to the Flames

great news about Don Maloney joining the club. He was such a fun player to watch and he has plenty of front office experience. Should be a nice addition to the Flames
    Was already with the club. Just has a bit of an expanded role.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Was already with the club. Just has a bit of an expanded role.
    I stand corrected

but maintain that Maloney is a good hockey guy

I grew up watching him so perhaps that tweaks my view but I the flames could have done worse than bump him up the pecking order