Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Calgary Flames

I agree. Followed up with the Backlund-Frolik tandem. Solid team.

Dobber Sports Stud

Breaking up the kids onto 2 lines is prudent thinking, especially with Brouwer around to mitigate things.

Plus having Gaudreau and Monahan drawing the top defensive coverage on the road, it should open things up a bit for the 2nd line.

Hopefully they mesh well off the bat, otherwise there will be pressure to change things up.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Any news on the Gaudreau front?? What is he asking for??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    The moon. And he's going to get it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Flames want him under Gio, Gaudreau is asking for 8, ultimately it's going to come in at 7.5. There's no pressure point to get it done right now.

Dobber Sports Genius

The Flames will eventually cave into Gaudreau's demands (8 mil per season). The last time they had a dynamic player like Gaudreau was Theo Fleury and they ran him out of town instead paying him what he wanted. The Flames will not make the same mistake twice. Look for an 8 year deal @ 8 mil per season.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Flames want him under Gio, Gaudreau is asking for 8, ultimately it's going to come in at 7.5. There's no pressure point to get it done right now.
    Season starts soon. I'd say there is pressure. I suspect 8 million is the least he'll get since he there were reports he was asking for 8.5 just before the World Cup.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    The Flames will eventually cave into Gaudreau's demands (8 mil per season). The last time they had a dynamic player like Gaudreau was Theo Fleury and they ran him out of town instead paying him what he wanted. The Flames will not make the same mistake twice. Look for an 8 year deal @ 8 mil per season.
    johnny american and the flames have not even talked lately but i think thats mainly due to him saying he wasnt going to discuss it during the whc. either way two sources have come out today stating that hes looking for at least 8 million if not more. hes gonna get paid and hell be well worth it. flames just need to put their big boy pants on and get it done. saying they dont want to go above 6.75 is laughable. they would have to trade gaudreau before he takes that offer

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Season starts soon. I'd say there is pressure. I suspect 8 million is the least he'll get since he there were reports he was asking for 8.5 just before the World Cup.
    The season starts in 2 weeks. It's not like they need him to get up to game speed in the preseason. He's in game shape. the pressure point starts coming in 2 weeks, when its the first game. If he's not in the lineup, the pressure point for the Flames is when they start losing. the pressure point for Gaudreau is when he starts missing paycheques.

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    johnny american and the flames have not even talked lately but i think thats mainly due to him saying he wasnt going to discuss it during the whc. either way two sources have come out today stating that hes looking for at least 8 million if not more. hes gonna get paid and hell be well worth it. flames just need to put their big boy pants on and get it done. saying they dont want to go above 6.75 is laughable. they would have to trade gaudreau before he takes that offer
    Gaudreau flat out won't make $8 million, and he doesn't deserve to. The Flames will not be a contending team if Gaudreau is paid that much money. Not over Giordano, for the Flames, is a laughable statement. Paying Gaudreau over $7.5 is also a mistake.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The season starts in 2 weeks. It's not like they need him to get up to game speed in the preseason. He's in game shape. the pressure point starts coming in 2 weeks, when its the first game. If he's not in the lineup, the pressure point for the Flames is when they start losing. the pressure point for Gaudreau is when he starts missing paycheques.

Gaudreau flat out won't make $8 million, and he doesn't deserve to. The Flames will not be a contending team if Gaudreau is paid that much money. Not over Giordano, for the Flames, is a laughable statement. Paying Gaudreau over $7.5 is also a mistake.
    nothing to do but sit and wait to see who is right.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

everything i read seems to indicate under 8 million. im surprised but looks like ill likely be wrong

The Great One

He SHOULD get equal to Monahan.

Dobber Sports Icon

Tkachuk..does he make the team..9 games...or no?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    Tkachuk..does he make the team..9 games...or no?
    I have a hard time seeing them sending him back. And the biggest reason for that is that every practice and preseason game (save for last night) has run out Tkachuk-Bennett-Brouwer. Exclusively. Brouwer didn't play last night, so Chaisson filled in, but otherwise it's been the three of them.

Preseason/training camp is the time to build chemistry for guys and try things out. It's been made pretty clear that Bennett-Brouwer are going to be a pairing this season unless it flat out just doesn't work. If they weren't planning on Tkachuk being there, you'd think they would mix up the lines and throw some different guys with them to see who else they mesh with. They just haven't. Based on that, I think he makes the team, unless in his 9 games he shows he just can't hang right now.

Dobber Sports Icon

I have a hard time seeing them sending him back. And the biggest reason for that is that every practice and preseason game (save for last night) has run out Tkachuk-Bennett-Brouwer. Exclusively. Brouwer didn't play last night, so Chaisson filled in, but otherwise it's been the three of them.

Preseason/training camp is the time to build chemistry for guys and try things out. It's been made pretty clear that Bennett-Brouwer are going to be a pairing this season unless it flat out just doesn't work. If they weren't planning on Tkachuk being there, you'd think they would mix up the lines and throw some different guys with them to see who else they mesh with. They just haven't. Based on that, I think he makes the team, unless in his 9 games he shows he just can't hang right now.
    Sweet, thanks for the insight...i like what i am reading!
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-