Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Ugh... I hate you Lebron

Administrator

Game Seven will be ugly. Too much pressure on everyone for this to be a good one. Refs are gonna eat their whistles and everyone will be tight. So cherish this game. Best game I've seen in a long time. The Heat will win though. No road team has won Game Seven since 1979. It's just too hard. Home teams win over 80% of game sevens.

Plus Lebron with no headband is a basketball genius.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah I don't think there's any recovering after letting a game slip through your fingers like this. Spurs won't have enough left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Bosh was the man who I say stepped up tonight for the Heat! Of course Lebron had the triple double and Allen had the game saving shot but that came on Bosh huge board and he had a couple other huge boards in the O.T and stepped up with two big blocks on back to back possessions at the end of O.T
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Wolverine

"Miami Heat fans leave NBA Finals Game 6 early, not allowed back in for Heat comeback win."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...051052669.html

Oops.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    "Miami Heat fans leave NBA Finals Game 6 early, not allowed back in for Heat comeback win."

Oops.
    Wow! As a fan, or even a sports fan in general, I don't know how you start leaving when there's still a chance of making a come back! Hah..
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

Oops.
    Heat fans are notoriously bad, often not strolling in until well after the game has started. Not surprised by this at all.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Yeah I don't think there's any recovering after letting a game slip through your fingers like this. Spurs won't have enough left.
    Nope, especially not when you just got a vintage Duncan performance. You think he has another 30 and 15 left in those old bones? I think not. Duncan knows the history. He knows how tough it is to win any game on the road, let alone a game seven. He put it all out there for this one, game six, because he knows that this one is their best shot at the title. He came oh so close. He and Pop have a great relationship but it will take Duncan a long time to forgive Pop for not having him on the floor at the end of regulation.

By the way, how lucky are the Heat getting with teams screwing up and taking their best rim defenders off the floor at the end of games? I get it, you want speed to try and keep everything on the perimeter but you have to put your best defender out there because your team is used to playing with him. Because he is a great security blanket. Because he knows what the **** he is doing better than anyone else on the court. Because he communicates better than anyone else. Because he wants it more than anyone else.

Miami easily could've lost that Indiana series if Hibbert is out there at the end of game one and they could've easily lost these Finals if Duncan is out there to grab the rebound at the end of regulation in this one.

I guess you have to credit Spoelstra for committing to the small ball thing all year and creating these mismatch problems. Teams at the very end of games don't want to give up even an inch of room so they put out smaller guys who can all switch screens without giving up too much but that backfired in this one.

Dobber Sports Sage

James = g.o.a.t

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    James = g.o.a.t
    Still a long way to go but the guy put on his big boy pants and got the ****ing job done. Best player in 20 years that's for damn sure and I think he's moved into the top five or so all time.

Administrator

Seriously though, what a series. I ****ing love this game.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Seriously though, what a series. I ****ing love this game.

Game 6 and 7 were epic!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and as like you I loath both of these teams but respect the shit out of both Duncan and James. James in particular as he has been under a microscope since he was 15 and has done nothing off the court to tarnish himself. The way he handled free agency aside.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    Game 6 and 7 were epic!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and as like you I loath both of these teams but respect the shit out of both Duncan and James. James in particular as he has been under a microscope since he was 15 and has done nothing off the court to tarnish himself. The way he handled free agency aside.
    Yeah, the man is a boss. I can't even hate any more. I remember when he willed the Cavs to the '07 Finals against the Spurs and they got dominated and as much as I was pissed because I hated those Spurs I was kinda happy that the Lebromination was delayed. I just wasn't ready for him to own the league for 10 years. I just felt like he hadn't faced enough trials and then somehow I turned into anti-Lebron. Part of that was loving the Celtics and then part of it was hating the Decision but now that we are here this is fantastic. The last three playoffs have been phenomenal. There's nothing better than the best player in the league playing for championships against worthy opponents.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah, the man is a boss. I can't even hate any more. I remember when he willed the Cavs to the '07 Finals against the Spurs and they got dominated and as much as I was pissed because I hated those Spurs I was kinda happy that the Lebromination was delayed. I just wasn't ready for him to own the league for 10 years. I just felt like he hadn't faced enough trials and then somehow I turned into anti-Lebron. Part of that was loving the Celtics and then part of it was hating the Decision but now that we are here this is fantastic. The last three playoffs have been phenomenal. There's nothing better than the best player in the league playing for championships against worthy opponents.
    Agree totally!

Here's a little taste of the next great one from earlier tonight! I'm sure your aware of this CANADIAN kid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ellOT...e_gdata_player

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Ninja

What an epic series. Gotta give credit where credit is due - Lebron stepped up and showed why he's the best player in the game today.

On a side note, Popps unwavering faith in playing Ginobili during the key moments of these games continues to drive me absolutely insane. You would think he would have learned his lesson from game 6... but NO. There was Gino in the last 3 minutes committing 3 huge turnovers, and making wild, poorly planned plays as usual including his patented out-of-control drives that are guaranteed to result in a turnover, his 2 giveaways (including the time he threw the ball out of bounds to nobody) and his airball 3 point attempt at the end. ****... I hate Gino with a passion - I understand his competitiveness, but he was playing very selfishly this series to the detriment of his team.

As bad as Gino was the entire series though, I think the blame rests squarely on Popps for being a stubborn imbecile.

My heart also goes out to Duncan... when he missed that last shot with 30 seconds left, it looked like he was going to cry. Him and Leonard were the only guys who stepped up for the Spurs tonight, the rest of them (including Parker) were garbage.
    Last edited by blayze; June 21, 2013 at 2:54 AM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Though Lebron was very good, I see Ginobili as the factor that determined the outcome in games 6 and 7. He was able to help them snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in consecutive games. I think that takes skill.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne