Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ugh... I hate you Lebron

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    You're totally right, he's been great overall but he keeps doing that and it's turned into a fast break the other way every damn time. He's bigger and stronger, show it, throw it down big man!
    He's thrown down a couple in this one but the reality is he only has so much lift at this point. If anyone is near him dunking isn't really an option and I bet Lebron blocks a dunk attempt there too.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Veteran

Good point. BTW, I will also say the refs have been pretty fair too. After a superb first three quarters, Timmy's been fading in the fourth and that's apparently going to damn them because Manu has looked like shit.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    Good point. BTW, I will also say the refs have been pretty fair too. After a superb first three quarters, Timmy's been fading in the fourth and that's apparently going to damn them because Manu has looked like shit.
    Yep, refs have made some bad calls going both ways, which is shocking with Joey Crawford and his San Antonio vendetta - I kid. The Crawford-Spurs vendetta has been proven false, though one can only wonder the effect seeing him has on the Spurs players mentally. BTW, you had to know Crawford would be reffing this one. Seems he refs every big Spurs game.

Timmy is definitely fading but seriously, he's the only guy going for the Spurs in this one. You are bang on, Manu has been visible only when doing negative things for the Spurs. Worst plus/minus in this game.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Holy bleeping wow. Thanks, Leonard. Just like the old days, Jesus Shuttlesworth saves it all again.

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

Administrator

I pity everyone who doesn't like basketball right now. I'm on cloud nine and I dislike BOTH of these teams.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I usually only watch big games now, the NBA has gotten too theatrical for my taste but the high drama has been fitting this game. Insanely wild!

Administrator

I've been screaming about Wade being in the game ever since he got back in in the fourth quarter. He kills their spacing but he's had a nice little sequence here in OT. Very important defensively. Still hate him on offense though. Clear out for Lebron and go.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If they don't overturn this blown call, I'm going to drop dead.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Manu is officially demoted to "Balki" status. He basically cost his team the game with a series of a dozen awful plays in the second half/OT.

Dobber Sports Monster

Ok I love NHL refs. These tools are a joke.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Balki did get a fouled on that last second drive, and it was not called but he didn't deserve a whistle with how awful he was. The Refs just rightfully assumed he sucked.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    For what, not calling a foul on the most notorious flopper in league history who:

A) Travelled on the play.

B) Just threw himself into contact looking for a foul rather than truly trying to score.

Refs let the players decide this one, with misses both ways. Happens in every sport. If you don't think Miami deserved to win. I don't respect that opinion. Ginobili probably would've missed the free throws anyhow. He choked all game. Bad call by Pop taking Parker out of the game. Your best player should be in the game no matter what.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    For what, not calling a foul on the most notorious flopper in league history who:

A) Travelled on the play.

B) Just threw himself into contact looking for a foul rather than truly trying to score.

Refs let the players decide this one, with misses both ways. Happens in every sport. If you don't think Miami deserved to win. I don't respect that opinion. Ginobili probably would've missed the free throws anyhow. He choked all game. Bad call by Pop taking Parker out of the game. Your best player should be in the game no matter what.
    I agree with u 100 percent! Gino took 4 steps and made no attempt to score. Anyway tha was an Epic game and it was about time the rest of the series has been rather anticlimactic. Allen is God, he saved my ass tonight! Hammered Miami on the moneyline and smashed the Over. I'm lucky as hell! Game 7 should be great!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Miami deserved to win - questionable calls or not. Spurs had a MILLION chances to put this one away.

I swear to god, I felt like I was going to pop an artery everytime Ginobili touched the ball. No idea WTF Pops was thinking playing him in the 4th and OT. Everytime he came into the game the momentum swung in the heat's favour. Even MORE crazy was Pops ******ed decision to take out Parker and Duncan on those HUGE possessions near the end of Q4 and OT. How the **** do you justify taking them out?!? Duncan would have helped secure at least 1 of those 2 offensive rebounds that saved the Heat.

In any event, EPIC game, but probably took a year off my lifespan lol. I'm so pissed!!!
    Last edited by blayze; June 19, 2013 at 1:16 AM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Miami deserved to win - questionable calls or not. Spurs had a MILLION chances to put this one away.

I swear to god, I felt like I was going to pop an artery everytime Ginobili touched the ball. No idea WTF Pops was thinking playing him in the 4th and OT. Everytime he came into the game the momentum swung in the heat's favour.

Even MORE crazy was Pops ******ed decision to take out Parker and Duncan on those HUGE possessions near the end of Q4 and OT. How the **** do you justify taking them out?!? Duncan would have helped secure at least 1 of those 2 offensive rebounds that saved the Heat.

In any event, EPIC game, but probably took a year off my lifespan lol. I'm so pissed!!!
    Yeah, Pop got way too cute. You put your best guys on the floor, period.

And I found it hilarious how bad Wade and Ginobili were in this game after how they went back to back stepping up for their team.