Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 2014 Team Canada

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    I don't think Subban is a lock to make the team in 2014 but I do believe he's a step forward everyone else after Weber/Doughty/Keith/Letang.

I'd take Pietrangelo just ahead of him, but after that I'm struggling to think of anyone better. That's a sick top 6. Maybe Bouwmeester as a shutdown guy. Maybe Burns as a PP guy.

Dobber Sports Pro

[QUOTE]=niconasr;1143057]And anyway, it's not like including players like Carter and Richards hurt Canada in 2010. They were labeled as cancers in the locker room as well.[QUOTE]

Well Carter has never played for Team Canada at the Olympics and likely never will, and I fail to see how Mike Richards a former captain can be a cancer in a locker room... but hey what do I know. However I have heard the rumor before so don't think I'm saying that you're lying! haha
    Last edited by dodospice; May 29, 2013 at 1:45 PM.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Wizard

[QUOTE=dodospice;1143226][QUOTE=niconasr;1143057]And anyway, it's not like including players like Carter and Richards hurt Canada in 2010. They were labeled as cancers in the locker room as well.

Well Carter has never played for Team Canada at the Olympics and likely never will, and I fail to see how Mike Richards a former captain can be a cancer in a locker room... but hey what do I know. However I have heard the rumor before so don't think I'm saying that you're lying! haha
    Carter was the first call up on the taxi squad, and would have played if Getzlaf's ankle didn't hold up. Richards had a great tourney for sure in 2010.

Dobber Sports Pro

[QUOTE=MolsonX;1143404][QUOTE=dodospice;1143226]
    Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    And anyway, it's not like including players like Carter and Richards hurt Canada in 2010. They were labeled as cancers in the locker room as well.

Carter was the first call up on the taxi squad, and would have played if Getzlaf's ankle didn't hold up. Richards had a great tourney for sure in 2010.
    Awww yes so he was, well I was wrong!
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Expert

I might be repeating myself but a shutdown line of Toews-Bergeron-Anybody would be pretty darn impressive. If Canada actually had some sense, they will try to ice the best shutdown line possible.

Jonathan Toews.
    Ryan O'Reilly.
    Patrice Bergeron.

This line could easily play 15-20 minutes a game, and generate scoring chances even against Russia's top line.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Banned

Default Team canada 2014

I'm SO pumped for this! I didn't really believe the NHL would screw us out of the Olympics but you never know what that little greased weasel is going to do next.

It's never too early to speculate and lots can and will happen between now and then, but here's my stab at it:

Forwards
    Stamkos - Crosby - Perry
    Benn - Tavares - Giroux
    E. Staal - Toews - Nash
    Hall - M. Richards - Eberle
    Couture

Defense
    Pietrangelo - Weber
    Keith - Doughty
    Letang - Seabrook
    Marc Staal

Goalies
    Price
    Luongo
    Ward

Honorable Mentions:
    Getzlaf - i'm worried he'll be banged up again and if so he should stay home this time, if he's 100% though I'd take over Hall
    J. Staal - incredible shut-down ability, can play any position but I gave Richards the nod over him because his impact is huge in clutch situations
    Subban - our defense (as usual) is just sick so there's only room for one offensive d-man and it's hard to not take Letang here
    M. Smith - definitely in the discussion but need to see more consistency from him

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Pretty good thread on Team Canada 2014.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I might be repeating myself but a shutdown line of Toews-Bergeron-Anybody would be pretty darn impressive. If Canada actually had some sense, they will try to ice the best shutdown line possible.

Jonathan Toews.
    Ryan O'Reilly.
    Patrice Bergeron.

This line could easily play 15-20 minutes a game, and generate scoring chances even against Russia's top line.
    nash/toews/richards need to stay together. canada's best line last year

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Pretty good thread on Team Canada 2014.
    thanks for that man, I searched for it but all I could find was the one on Canada's goalie

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I'm SO pumped for this! I didn't really believe the NHL would screw us out of the Olympics but you never know what that little greased weasel is going to do next.

It's never too early to speculate and lots can and will happen between now and then, but here's my stab at it:

Forwards
    Stamkos - Crosby - Perry
    Benn - Tavares - Giroux
    E. Staal - Toews - Nash
    Hall - M. Richards - Eberle
    Couture

Defense
    Pietrangelo - Weber
    Keith - Doughty
    Letang - Seabrook
    Marc Staal

Goalies
    Price
    Luongo
    Ward

Honorable Mentions:
    Getzlaf - i'm worried he'll be banged up again and if so he should stay home this time, if he's 100% though I'd take over Hall
    J. Staal - incredible shut-down ability, can play any position but I gave Richards the nod over him because his impact is huge in clutch situations
    Subban - our defense (as usual) is just sick so there's only room for one offensive d-man and it's hard to not take Letang here
    M. Smith - definitely in the discussion but need to see more consistency from him
    Nice list. No mention of MSL (top scorer last year), Duchene or P Bergeron or Seguin. Bergeron had faceoff win percentage of 62 (Crosby 54%).

I'd like to see Bergeron and MSL there for sure. Bergeron could easily take a higher role than Richards, and MSL could fit in nicely on the wings. Just my two cents.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Nice list. No mention of MSL (top scorer last year), Duchene or P Bergeron or Seguin. Bergeron had faceoff win percentage of 62 (Crosby 54%).

I'd like to see Bergeron and MSL there for sure. Bergeron could easily take a higher role than Richards, and MSL could fit in nicely on the wings. Just my two cents.
    Agreed... I don't know how you can by-pass Bergeron... he does a lot of things well and that flexibility is huge.

I'd also want to see MSL there, just because dammit he deserves it... and the chemistry he has with Stamkos could be useful.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This isn't because I am a huge Bruins fan, not that it matters because this is TEAM CANADA, but P.Bergeron WILL be on this team 100%.. Any list that doesn't have P.Bergeron on it will definitely be wrong.. Not saying my list is 100% correct, but Bergeron is already on TEAM CANADA..

My team again:

John Tavares - Sidney Crosby -Steven Stamkos
    Eric Staal - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
    Rick Nash - Jonathan Toews - Mike Richards
    Martin St.Louis - Patrice Bergeron - Claude Giroux
    Andrew Ladd

Keith Seabrook
    Doughty Weber
    Letang Pieterangelo
    Subban

Luongo Price Brodeur
    Last edited by Zorro; July 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Agreed... I don't know how you can by-pass Bergeron... he does a lot of things well and that flexibility is huge.

I'd also want to see MSL there, just because dammit he deserves it... and the chemistry he has with Stamkos could be useful.
    dammnit see that's the problem, there is never enough room and you always forget someone...yeah he was great in the last Olympics and he's only gotten better and better since. OK so who would you drop? Hall?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    dammnit see that's the problem, there is never enough room and you always forget someone...yeah he was great in the last Olympics and he's only gotten better and better since. OK so who would you drop? Hall?
    Maybe we can send 2 teams?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

We should send 2 teams.. Tell Japan that we will send "Canada 2" in their place, HAHA..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..