Thread: Huberdeau vs RNH

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Huberdeau vs RNH

Short and long term ceilings....

Who is the better player to have?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Guru

I'm more inclined to go with RNH, just because he's got a better set of linemates in Edmonton than Hubs does in Florida.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

I think both have a similar upside and skill set but the surrounding cast in Edmonton makes it hard not to consider Nuge over Huberdeau.

I'd perfer RNH.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think both have a similar upside and skill set but the surrounding cast in Edmonton makes it hard not to consider Nuge over Huberdeau.

I'd perfer RNH.
    Any injury concerns with regards to RNH or his "frailty"?
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thumbs down

If panthers get mackinnon, him and hubs will have some great value.
    Yahoo Pool Keeper - Keep 7

Won the championship last year.

12 Teams

Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, G. Weekly changes.

C - Giroux, Datsyuk, Sequin, Nugent-Hopkins.
    W - P. Kane, Hall, Hartnell, Simmonds, Dubinsky.
    D - Burns, Bieska, Hamhuis, Garrison, Gudas, McDonagh.
    G - Bobrovsky, Bishop, Pavelec.

Scoring:

Point = 1
    Plus/Minus = 1/-1
    PIM = .25
    PPG = 2
    SHG = 3
    GWG = 1

Wins = 3
    Losses = -1
    SO = 5

Max 5 moves a season.

Drouin for Downie
    Rinne for Dubinsky
    Giorodano for Pavelec
    Downie for Dubinsky

2013 7 keepers: Giroux, Datsyuk, Sequin, Hall, RNH, Kane, Rinne.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

RNH has more upside and point potential than Huberdeau. I really don't think it is even close, and I wouldn't be worried about RNH and injuries (before you say I am biased based on my sig, I used to own Huberdeau and traded him for Doughty before the season started, I wouldn't make that trade if it was RNH instead)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Mmmhmm... and I just traded RNH for Kessel and I own Huberdeau, so before you say I am biased toward Huberdeau, I'm going to say it is a toss up. Short-term, I'd go RNH because of his linemates, but health is a concern. Long-term may go to Hubs if RNH's health proves to be an issue. The Panthers have some nice forwards coming up. No, they're not of the quality of Edmonton's, but the scoring can be a case where RNH has some monster games and then disappears for stretches because the Oilers have so many guys who can score other than RNH: Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and to a lesser degree, Gagner and Magnus. Huberdeau will likely account for more of his team's offense and will likely be the more BALANCED scorer. RNH is more of a playmaker. This season will be very telling for him. You can't go wrong either way, though.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Healthy RNH > Healthy Huberdeau (due to linemates & situation).

How it will really shake out with RNH and how many games he plays... I don't know.

Dobber Sports Giant

i think rnh will be the better point guy but if goals are weighted i may go with hubs. edmonton is a much sexier team to be playing on than fla so that also helps rnh.
    i would go with rnh as i like his upside more.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    Mmmhmm... and I just traded RNH for Kessel and I own Huberdeau, so before you say I am biased toward Huberdeau, I'm going to say it is a toss up. Short-term, I'd go RNH because of his linemates, but health is a concern. Long-term may go to Hubs if RNH's health proves to be an issue. The Panthers have some nice forwards coming up. No, they're not of the quality of Edmonton's, but the scoring can be a case where RNH has some monster games and then disappears for stretches because the Oilers have so many guys who can score other than RNH: Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and to a lesser degree, Gagner and Magnus. Huberdeau will likely account for more of his team's offense and will likely be the more BALANCED scorer. RNH is more of a playmaker. This season will be very telling for him. You can't go wrong either way, though.
    Thanks for all that guys. I put in an offer of my RNH for his Huberdeau, Luongo (b/c I need a 3rd goalie with Kipper retiring - possibly?) and a mid round pick. Let's see where this leads....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    Thanks for all that guys. I put in an offer of my RNH for his Huberdeau, Luongo (b/c I need a 3rd goalie with Kipper retiring - possibly?) and a mid round pick. Let's see where this leads....
    If I were you, I'd want a goalie with a more sure situation than Lu with Kipper virtually done. Such a goalie would be a better return than Lu and a mid-level pick. But that's my saying without knowledge of this other gentleman's roster. Perhaps he doesn't have that goalie.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Honestly for me I think it depends on league settings. In a points only give me RNH. But in a league where SOG's, PIMs and Goals are weighted heavier, its Huberdeau. Having both of them is a nice problem to have.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    For you in a points only league I'd recommend RNH, but it's close. In my league I had first overall two years ago. I took Hubs and I'd do it again because I think he'll be the better player in my format. Once Fla starts to roll I expect to start seeing Tallons team building coming into play, like the Blackhawks, and a very talented team emerging. Hubs will be surrounded by high quality talent so he won't exactly have to produce on his own.

As far as your offer goes, you'll have to give up a LOT more than RNH if you want to land both Huberdeau, Luongo, and a mid round pick. Take Lu out and it might happen.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Rookie

i would take huberdeau because of his balanced scoring and not sharing the spot light as RNH is doing, both are great, but i would take huber

dont think you can go wrong with either