Thread: Please, rate my team

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Please, rate my team

Hi guys,

Since i'm in a salary cap league which will be at 64,3M next year, I'll have to let go one of those two ( Semin or Vanek) and Roy. Which one should I let go? I have the second and fifth choices in the first round and I must add a low salary d-man for next year....Thoughts?

Should I move elsewhere in my roster?

Thanks
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by CHunter View Post
    Hi guys,

Since i'm in a salary cap league which will be at 64,3M next year, I'll have to let go one of those two ( Semin or Vanek) and Roy. Which one should I let go? I have the second and fifth choices in the first round and I must add a low salary d-man for next year....Thoughts?

Should I move elsewhere in my roster?

Thanks
    I'd actually try and move them both and upgrade your d. You've got a really strong core of forwards and goalies for a keep 17, but you could use some serious work on d. I think both of those guys could be upgraded.
    I also wouldn't reach for a low end d guy and wait to scoop him later on. If you can upgrade your d via trade then look to go BPA with those picks.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks for the advice Ovi42!

Actually, I have 64,8M in salaries for 2013-2014 and Roy, Voynov and my last D to pick up are not in there....so that's why I will have to get rid of Semin or Vanek in addition to Roy so that I would be able to start the season below or at the cap. I don't want to trade my first rounders because I will be able to add Mac. Drouin or Jones with my 2nd overall pick. The Fifth will be to grab a better pt/$ spent player available on the FA....

Concerning my D, I have to get the better pts/$ ratio since I'm already high on the salaries. That's why I target cheaper D-men with a max upside of 40-45pts....

So the bottom line question is, do you prefer keeping Semin or Vanek in a keeper pool since the two of them are signed next year for 6M+...Vanek is a UFA next and will sign another big contract...Semin is locked for 5 years at 7M??

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'd probably take my chances with Vanek since Semin might lose motivation after the big pay day. I see both Vanek and Semin as rentals only at this point regardless of their contract status. Malkin will be a UFA soon so I'm pretty sure you're not done with the salary shedding next after next season. You could try to package out a 2 for 1 in exchange for a younger, cheaper player or high pick if you're lucky.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'd drop Vanek.

I think Semin has excellent full-season potential on a line with Eric Staal... especially if the PP can get going. Semin is $7m actual salary, $7m cap.

Vanek is $7.14m cap and $6.4m actual salary.
    He had a great start but Buffalo is so stripped down.

Vanek had an incredible start to the season (when BUF had their stars AND Ruff).
    Who knows whats in store for the 2013-2014 Sabres... it's certainly a team that doesn't look like it's headed in the right direction. [and I thought they were]