Thread: Torres Suspended For Rest of 2nd Round

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Torres Suspended For Rest of 2nd Round

Good! I hate this punk. I think this is the 3rd time he's been suspended in the last 4 years during the playoffs? Something like that I believe. Anyway, he can only be suspended for a max of 6 games without appeal ( I think I said that right?), so he gets the full 6 games ( if it goes that long). One game has already been played obviously, so he's done for the series.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Good! I hate this punk. I think this is the 3rd time he's been suspended in the last 4 years during the playoffs? Something like that I believe. Anyway, he can only be suspended for a max of 6 games without appeal ( I think I said that right?), so he gets the full 6 games ( if it goes that long). One game has already been played obviously, so he's done for the series.
    Yes, he is a punk, but this is way too severe for the crime... As well, I HATE suspending him until the end of a round; pick a number...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Giant

i dont like this guy but i think one game would be fine.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not really buying this one. And I agree, NHL too lazy to come up with a # so just **** it! For the rest of the series it is!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Yes, he is a punk, but this is way too severe for the crime... As well, I HATE suspending him until the end of a round; pick a number...

Rylant
    he's a repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat offender who obviously doesn't learn. The punishment doesn't fit the crime but it fits the offender.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'm not really buying this one. And I agree, NHL too lazy to come up with a # so just **** it! For the rest of the series it is!
    I agree - at the most that was 1 game, if any - this is a reputation call. Torres has definitely earned that rep, though.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    he's a repeat repeat repeat repeat repeat offender who obviously doesn't learn. The punishment doesn't fit the crime but it fits the offender.
    Agreed. At some point you gotta just throw the book at him because he keeps crossing the line and we know better now.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

yup I concur as well, it's kinda like when you have a guy on his 6th DUI, suspending his license for 30 days just isn't going to do it for him, you need throw the book at him

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't like to see any player injured, especially on a dirty play, but this hit was not dirty and is a witch hunt basis for a suspension.

Torres had his feet down, elbows in and hit Stoll through the shoulder after he played the puck. The head was not the principal point of contact and the hit was not deemed to be late, in fact I watched the play again and there is NO primary shoulder contact to the head at all. Stolls head whips towards Torres upon impact as he drives though the shoulder making it a secondary point of contact, and at no point is Stolls head the only point of contact let alone the primary point of contact.

Torres does deserve his reputation as a big hitter and he deserved to be suspended for hits like the one on Hossa, but this suspension is a farce. On top of that the term is a joke! Is it 6 games where an appeal can be made or 3 games where he's SOL? If it is only 3 games was the hit so bad that it actually deserved 6? If it was anyone else do they get suspended at all? Are members of the Department of Player Safety sniffing glue?
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar