Thread: Lady Byng Finalists- St. Louis, P. Kane, Moulson

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Lady Byng Finalists- St. Louis, P. Kane, Moulson

The finalists for the Lady Byng, which we all know is given:

"to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability."

St. Louis had 60 points/14 pims
    P. Kane had 55 points/8 pims
    Moulson had 44 points/4 pims

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

St. Louis is an obvious pick he's a class act, stud player and has a stellar point to pim ratio (for the award). I wonder if the fact that he won the Art Ross may cost him votes. I'm pretty surprised Kane was nominated as it's usually a "nice guy" award I guess his image is improving because his 55/8 ratio look a lot like a winner's numbers. Moulson had a stellar season stats wise for the award but he's not a big name guy by any means so I was suprised to see him nominated.

I give the edge to St. Louis.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

To be honest, it's pretty damn hard to evaluate which of these guys was best sportsmanship and most gentlemanly... but the high standard of playing ability has to tip this one to MSL.

Dobber Sports Ninja

MSL... I can't stand Kane, despite his low PIM count I just know he's a punkass little bitch so the thought of him and sportsmanship just don't click for me.

The Great One

Not sure who votes on this....but I think the best way would be for the players to vote.

Throw the stats out the window, the guys on the ice know who the real Lady Byng is.

Dobber Sports Wizard

MSL for the win.

Dobber Sports Pro

Where's Matt Cooke?

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    MSL... I can't stand Kane, despite his low PIM count I just know he's a punkass little bitch so the thought of him and sportsmanship just don't click for me.
    Ha! nice...

Just curious myself, while I appreciate and respect the Lady Byng winner is this an award players actually brag about?

Like..."HEY LADY BYNG, MUTHA-FUGGER!"

...like that?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Just curious myself, while I appreciate and respect the Lady Byng winner is this an award players actually brag about?

Like..."HEY LADY BYNG, MUTHA-FUGGER!"
    Haha... I've always thought it was a useless award that players don't take pride in. Might as well wear a jersey with the label "p_ussy" on the back.

Haha... I've always thought it was a useless award that players don't take pride in. Might as well wear a jersey with the label "p_ussy" on the back.
    lol...ya know?

I just envision the convo thusly:

Crosby: Hey Marty! What'd ya get?

Marty St. Louis: Oh...hey, Sid. Um, Lady Byng again....yep.

Crosby: Oh, ok...nice. Hey, Bobber, what's up?

Bobrovsky: Hey, Sid. Oh hey, Marty...just got the Vezina! Believe that shit?!? How 'bout you guys?

Crosby: Hart, duh. MSL here just got the Byng...isn't that right Marty [patting him on the head]

MSL: Uh...yep. Lady Byng.

Bobber: Oh, Byng, huh? What's that for again?

MSL: Not pissing anyone off...more or less...

Crosby: [giggles]

Bobber: Oh, well...HEY! Good stuff there Marty.

MSL: Thanks [sigh]...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Patrick Kane displays sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct? LOL!?

Matt Moulson compared to Kane and MSL's high standard of playing ability? LOL!?

This has to be in the bag for St.Louis...

Dobber Sports Superstar

I wish they would drop "gentlemany conduct" from the description leaving "to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship with a high standard of playing ability". That would be an award you'd be proud to win and then guys who play hard but fair and everyone respected could end up with it. I'd much rather it go to a class act like Jarome Iginla (not so much this year as his numbers are way down) than a$$hole Patrick Kane simply because Kane has fewer penalties.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Unfortunately, Kane's a shoe-in this year, since the league added "binge drinking" as a qualifier to winning the award.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I wish they would drop "gentlemany conduct" from the description leaving "to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship with a high standard of playing ability". That would be an award you'd be proud to win and then guys who play hard but fair and everyone respected could end up with it. I'd much rather it go to a class act like Jarome Iginla (not so much this year as his numbers are way down) than a$$hole Patrick Kane simply because Kane has fewer penalties.
    Great idea LawMan.

I am pretty sure none of the players brag about winning the Lady Byng. I think your idea about swapping gentlemanly conduct for sportsmanship would go a long ways to changing the player's perspective on this. I could be wrong though.

St. Louis for sure this year.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket