Thread: Anybody else watch Arrow?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Anybody else watch Arrow?

Just wondering if anyone on these boards watches Arrow. Similar to Smallville, but I like how they have two separate story lines running at the same time. The present day and flashbacks to his origin.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I watch it every week. It's a nice series to watch. But I am not really really loving it, although I really really want to love it. Something to do about how the story is brought onto the screen. Hard to explain it.

But I will definitely going to watch next season!!
    NHL Dynasty #1 (24-team - H2H Rotisserie - 4xC,4xLW,4xRW,6xD,1xG)
    Stats: G, A, Ft, SOG, STP, Hit, Blk, Tk, FOW, W, SV, SHO

NFL Dynasty #1 (12-team - H2H Rotisserie - 2xQB,2xRB,4xWR,2xTE,2xK,3xDE,3xDT,4xLB,3xCB,3xS)
    Stats: PaY, PaT, RcY, RcT, RuY, RcT, RtY, RtT, FF, Int, Sk, TkA, TkS, PD, XP, FG, FGYd, KPt

NHL Dynasty #2 (12-team - H2H Points - 18xF (top 12 count), 9xD (top 6 count), 2xG (top 1 count))
    Stats: G (1), A (1), W (2), SHO (3)

NFL Dynasty #2 (6-team - H2H Points - 5xQB (top 3 count), 5xRB (top 3 count), 9xWR (top 6 count), 5xTE (top 3 count))
    Stats: PaT (4), PaY (1/25), Rc (1), RcT (6), RcY (1/10), RuT (6), RuY (1/10), FL (-1), Int (-2)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RippedOnNitro View Post
    I watch it every week. It's a nice series to watch. But I am not really really loving it, although I really really want to love it. Something to do about how the story is brought onto the screen. Hard to explain it.

But I will definitely going to watch next season!!
    I find that with these kinda shows on Network TV they often come up with cool ideas/concepts behind the show and then absolutely ruin it with awful writing, vapid, recycled characters and lazy plot development. So while I'm completely with you in terms of 'really wanting to like it' with these shows, they just inevitably disappoint so I've started avoiding them like the plague.

I've not seen Arrow yet because it looks like more of the same...for example:

Terra Nova - ****ing dinosaurs! who doesn't want to watch that? I was pumped for this, I was even willing to give it a big pass to see awesome cgi dinos running around tearing up shit. But sadly they wasted whole episodes on teeny bopper romances and coming up with increasingly idiotic ways to get them into trouble in the jungle. Holes in this plot you could ride a t-rex thru! And why do all their vehicles have no doors? Seems like that would be a good thing with flesh eating giant lizards everywhere, I couldn't even get thru half the season.

Revolution - cool concept but absurdly stereotypical characters (the fat nerdy guy, the hottie tough chick), I watched 2 episodes and couldn't suspend my disbelief any longer...like, take the aforementioned token hot chicky, she's like 17-18 in the show which means she woulda been 2 or 3 when the power disappeared, and yet somehow in this post-apocalyptic wasteland she manages to have a perfectly form-fitting matching leather kitty suit to prance around in and look fetching, like seriously? No thanks.

The Walking Dead - zombies are also awesome and I absolutely loved the first 4 or 5 episodes of this one...but by season 2 it just started to go downhill and became increasingly contrived, a complete insult to what could have been a fantastic show. I've talked to fans though and they promise that it gets better late in season 2 but I dunno if I can make it thru the bad to get to the slightly better. AMC really screwed the pooch on this one, they fired Frank Darabont who is a brilliant writer and cut the filming budget (despite making a buttload on the hit series). Really disappointing.

I dunno, I just find they really struggle with the sci-fi/fantasy genre on Network TV for the most part so I'm starting to avoid it like the plague.

Dobber Sports Icon

I watched the first 3 episodes and thought it was terrible - like mcgoo said there are a lot of really poorly done sci-fi shows being thrown out there. Revolution, Continuum, Orphan Black are a few I have taken a look at and dropped - I watched Warehouse 13 and Haven for the first couple of seasons and just got sick of them. Some of them just get so ridiculous, and they are full of bad acting.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Star

I watch it too and like it. Not the best show on TV, but definitly worth watching if you're a fan of the genre. I also find that it started better than Smallville did. It has potential to grow with the story and it should be and interesting second season.
    Weekly H2H points only (Year 9 - 2015-16)
    12 teams limited keeper (keep 6 + 1 Rookie)
    13 round draft - Unlimited Trades - No Waivers - No IR
    4 Team Playoffs (last 2 reg. season weeks)
    Rookies are 23 years old or younger in the draft year and never reached 60pts (forward), 40pts (defense), 25 wins (goalie)

Start : C RW LW Utility D D G

C - S.Stamkos, J.Thornton, K.Turris, D.Stepan
    LW - O.Palat, B.Saad, A.Burakovsky
    RW - B.Wheeler, T.Toffoli, C.Atkinson
    D - E.Karlsson, S.Gostisbehere, C.Fowler, A.Ekblad, A.Larsson
    G - C.Hellebuyck, D.Dubnyk, A.Niemi, K.Lehtonen

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I watched the first 3 episodes and thought it was terrible - like mcgoo said there are a lot of really poorly done sci-fi shows being thrown out there. Revolution, Continuum, Orphan Black are a few I have taken a look at and dropped - I watched Warehouse 13 and Haven for the first couple of seasons and just got sick of them. Some of them just get so ridiculous, and they are full of bad acting.
    And yet they still cancelled Firefly after less than a season... bah.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril