Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weird forum issue with "New Posts"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The thing that annoys me the most is when I get an email about "this thread that you're subscribed to has a new post" and I click on the link, before it would take me to the latest post since I last visited the forum, but now I go to late April/early May and have to go to the last page in the thread manually.
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

Any VB experts that can help with this? I don't really understand the issue. I know it all started when I had to restore a backup (thank you spam-bots). But I thought that by extending the login time the auto-logoff issue would be solved (bondon's issue).
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    My "New Posts" list is 20 pages long by now.

Dobber, there has to be some support forum for vBulletin admins where this can be addressed, right? Have you tried there?
    I stopped paying for support like three years ago

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Yeah I think the 'new posts' list has hit its maximum: 20 pages x 25 per page = 500 total (haven't seen it go higher). With the User CP, it still dates back to latest posts on April 30th.
    I think I fixed this issue, give the system an hour to refresh

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I stopped paying for support like three years ago
    It's been years since I last looked at VB things, but I thought there were still free developer forums out there on the net. Could be wrong, though, but it seems strange that there would be absolutely no forums available.
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

I'm digging

But I already set the auto-logout cookie to 200,000 seconds (which is 2 days, 7 hours). If that's not long enough to keep the regulars logged in...
    Whatever time I put in there, it also represents the "who's online" thing...so I don't want to put like 100 days or anything like that.

But I think I solved the 10 pages of new posts issue. If the server will hurry and process it I would like to see if it works.

I...am your father.

So the issues are:

1. Getting logged out too quickly. Is that okay now? 2 days, 7 hours?
    2. Getting too many posts listed in the "new posts". Fixed I think
    3. Something wrong with subscribed threads?

Is this everything?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Weird, I'm definitely getting logged out earlier than 2 days 7 hours. I dunno if it's just me or if other people are having that issue. Sometimes I'll log on in the morning and then by the evening I'm already logged out. I remember saying "what, already??" to myself on more than one occasion lol (quite often actually)

In any case it's not an issue for me if I'm on my computer. But especially for moderating purposes it used to be easy for me to just click on the threads and approve it on my phone when I'm out and about but I can't be bothered anymore to log in, especially with my data plan.

Last month was the first time in two in a half years that I went over my data allowance and I never watch videos on my phone. Now of course that doesn't mean it was solely because of this but now I'm much more conscious about how often I load pages and sites like the main page on my phone.

Anyway that's my two cents. Heck maybe the forums are better off with me posting less haha.

I...am your father.

No I want you posting more please

A website isn't the reason for your data overage - one 5 minute video is worth 5,000 page views on my site. Sounds like something is amiss.

But you should not be getting logged out so easily. All my sites should be working in sync, logged into one and logged into all. If you get logged out again, email me with approximate time lapse so I have something to go on

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I remember saying "what, already??" to myself on more than one occasion lol (quite often actually)
    [Insert girlfriend joke here]... Zing!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    So the issues are:

1. Getting logged out too quickly. Is that okay now? 2 days, 7 hours?
    2. Getting too many posts listed in the "new posts". Fixed I think
    3. Something wrong with subscribed threads?

Is this everything?
    For me:

1. I don't really pay attention to the logging in/logged out thing - sometimes I'm still logged in and sometimes I have to sign in again. Not bothered.
    2. Still at 20 pages (~500 posts) - the max?
    3. Still going back to late April, even though most haven't had a post in weeks.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    For me:

1. I don't really pay attention to the logging in/logged out thing - sometimes I'm still logged in and sometimes I have to sign in again. Not bothered.
    2. Still at 20 pages (~500 posts) - the max?
    3. Still going back to late April, even though most haven't had a post in weeks.
    Same for me.
    The problems seemed fixed yesterday, but today I'm back with 20 pages of "new posts" with the last dating from 05-20-2013.
    The "new subscribed threads" in user cp seems to have the same issue...
    Last edited by LeTrefle; June 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

The Wolverine

To keep it current and see if there are any new developments.

The Wolverine

Not sure if this is happening again - please confirm expected cutoff dates.

My new posts - 500 (max), goes back to June 27th. Expanded due to free agency week etc?
    My subscribed threads - goes back to June 20th (latest post). Seems a bit too far back.
    Last edited by horrorfan; July 6, 2013 at 7:27 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My subscribed threads go back to May 1st. Supposed to be 24 hours. New posts date back to June 25th, but that's because I've chosen to not include a few subforums on that one.

Still having issues going into threads and I have to scroll up or down and then click last page and find whatever new posts have been made. It's annoying.
    GO WINGS!