Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Weird forum issue with "New Posts"

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Weird forum issue with "New Posts"

I just wanted to see if I'm the only one having this issue or if the problem is with the site itself.

Whenever I click "New Posts" I should get the latest posts in roughly the last day or so. However, this seems to have gotten stuck for me. My "New Posts" go back to the end of April. Anyone else having this issue?

It's also a problem for me when I click forum links in emails for new posts in threads I subscribe to. Normally I would get to the latest post since I last visited the forum, but now I always go to the start of the thread, assuming it was crated after April 30th.

Is anyone else having this issue or do I need to make sure there's nothing weird going on with my internet cookies or something?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I have the same kind of problem. When I click on "User CP", all the post I have subscribe to are there, and not only the ones where there were recent activity, like it was before.

The Wolverine

It's not just you - this came up in the following thread and although Dobber explained the reasons earlier (post 22) it's still happening, even since my last flag:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=152531

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks horrorfan!
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

I want to fix this. I do. I use Chrome, I'm on a PC, Windows 7. I can't recreate this issue. I tried again on Internet Explorer. New Posts work fine.

I'm stuck! Attached is snippet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Dakkster, I changed your view thread from view oldest first to view newest first. Let me know if that fixed it or if you want it changed back.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Dakkster, I changed your view thread from view oldest first to view newest first. Let me know if that fixed it or if you want it changed back.
    Wow, that's weird! That changes the posts inside the threads and not the threads listed in subforums, making it really strange to read a thread, since the latest post is at the top. Change back, please Edit: NM, took care of it myself.

I tried logging in on Firefox, same issue. IE, same issue Tried my smartphone in both the HTC browser and Chrome, same issue.
    Last edited by Dakkster; May 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    I have the same kind of problem. When I click on "User CP", all the post I have subscribe to are there, and not only the ones where there were recent activity, like it was before.
    I'm getting this one -- every post I've commented on in the last month (plus old ones that have had recent activity) are showing.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I want to fix this. I do. I use Chrome, I'm on a PC, Windows 7. I can't recreate this issue. I tried again on Internet Explorer. New Posts work fine.

I'm stuck! Attached is snippet
    I was about to say that I've tried everything, but then I came up with something I hadn't done, deleting the cookie files on my computer. So I went into Chrome's settings, searched cookies for "dobber" and removed all of them. Logged back in to see the same issue still persisting. Seems to me that the issue is on the server end, but I have no clue what it might be.
    GO WINGS!

The Wolverine

Thought I'd refresh to see if anyone's any closer to finding a solution.

Dobber Sports Guru

Ya I'm still experiencing those same issues. Now my user cp posts list is a mile long. Any ideas on this from the mods or Dobber?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My "New Posts" list is 20 pages long by now.

Dobber, there has to be some support forum for vBulletin admins where this can be addressed, right? Have you tried there?
    GO WINGS!

The Wolverine

Yeah I think the 'new posts' list has hit its maximum: 20 pages x 25 per page = 500 total (haven't seen it go higher). With the User CP, it still dates back to latest posts on April 30th.

The Wolverine

Just keeping it current in case a solution can be found.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Another thing I'm wondering, was the system changed so that it automatically logs people off of their accounts?

It's extremely irritating having to load the main page and re-log in on my phone every time I want to use the forums. It's made me want to visit them less frequently now because I just can't be bothered.

It's not like I don't read the ramblings or visit the main page...I just do that on a laptop/computer so I don't destroy my data plan.