Poll: Who will win Memorial cup ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Memorial cup

The Great One

I still believe that the Avs will take Jones. He didn't have a great tournament, but you can tell he has the raw abilities to be a terrific dman in the NHL someday, even though I'm sure it will take him much longer to reach his potential than Mackinnon.

That said, I think the Avs would be smart to trade the first overall pick to Tampa. I know Tampa could use a winger to play with Stamkos, but having Stamkos/Makinnon as their top 2 centres sets them up for the next 10-15 years down the middle, and I honestly think Mackinnon is going to be more of an impact player than Drouin.

Florida will then be forced to draft Drouin, even though positionally they could use a centre more than a winger, and then Colorado will be free to draft Jones 3rd overall.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I still believe that the Avs will take Jones. He didn't have a great tournament, but you can tell he has the raw abilities to be a terrific dman in the NHL someday, even though I'm sure it will take him much longer to reach his potential than Mackinnon.

That said, I think the Avs would be smart to trade the first overall pick to Tampa. I know Tampa could use a winger to play with Stamkos, but having Stamkos/Makinnon as their top 2 centres sets them up for the next 10-15 years down the middle, and I honestly think Mackinnon is going to be more of an impact player than Drouin.

Florida will then be forced to draft Drouin, even though positionally they could use a centre more than a winger, and then Colorado will be free to draft Jones 3rd overall.
    Don't think Colorado would be too happy when Florida selects Seth Jones with Mackinnon off the board..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..