Thread: Green or OEL for Keeper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Green or OEL for Keeper

In a H2H multi-cat yahoo format league pool. I could only protect one D on my roster due to expansion next year. I was leaning towards OEL heavily over the course of the season but with the recent emergence of Green at the end of the season and playoffs and looking like his old self again, I am tempeted to lean towards him. So for next year who is the better D to own. Any thoughts

Dobber Sports Stud

I have sworn off Green, can't do it anymore. Who knows what you'll get with him...save yourself the headache.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It's a hard one, this is 2 elite Dman. In multi cat league it is probably closer then in point only pool. Probably OEL is and will developed in a more all around D then Green.
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gren has been making it tough lately but I would still go with OEL.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    I have sworn off Green, can't do it anymore. Who knows what you'll get with him...save yourself the headache.
    This guy knows...

The years you'll save on your life through the lack of stress from being a Green owner will pay dividends.. go OEL
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Wizard

any chance you can trade green

Dobber Sports Legend

OEL - the closest thing to Nick Lidstrom as we're going to see for a while. Don't expect 68-75 point seasons but look for 48-60 fairly soon and he's a huge minute muncher. Great talent.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have OEL on my team, and I will never trade him for Green.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

With expansion coming up and we could only protect 8, it will be super hard to trade Green especially with his injury history. However, I am leaning towards OEL. The potential and durability for now is there.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Green. He looks good. Really good.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JEMS View Post
    With expansion coming up and we could only protect 8, it will be super hard to trade Green especially with his injury history. However, I am leaning towards OEL. The potential and durability for now is there.
    Considering Green's strong finish and playoff stats, I'd dangle him now while he's a hot commodity and keep OEL in the bank.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

I would keep OEL here, Green has been a source of endless frustration for owner's. I own both of them in one of my leagues and have a locked spot for OEL but struggling as well with my valuation on Green, I think I need to open up a keeper spot for him but don't value him more than OEL.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I dont really care how Green is doing, its over Im thru with him. Good or bad I dont care. OEL all the way.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Seem to sence a general trend here. Green is coasting on his most recent spike (over a few weeks) but is really just coasting on his big boom from years ago. Over the past few seasons, he's been a complete bust. Either not playing at all due to injury, or not playing well while healthy.

I think this issue becomes a little more difficult and cloudy if the question is, do I keep or drop Green. But considering you have OEL, I have to agree with 2 previous posts that have Sworn off Green. Yes he may come back and play like his couple all star years...unlikely but possible. And even if he does, how far behind will OEL be? Truly? I suspect OEL is the guy to own over Green right now, and if you choose OEL over Green, plug him in, set him and watch what he can do for you team from a consistency standpoint. pay no attention to Green because I believe from here on out, with each GREEN BOOM...there will be an proportionately equal GREEN BUST (2 fold if you include sketchy play of this season AND injury).

I think you know what to do.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am in the exact same situation.. I have both OEL and Green and had Keith before I moved him in part of a deal to aquire Tavares. Like you I have no idea what to do. I recently picked up was great down the stretch so I don't have that history of frustration with him that others do. The big difference between OEL and Green is the team they are playing on. OEL won't reach his offensive potential unless Pheonix becomes a stronger offensive team which worries me. With Washington.. offense isn't an issue.

It's a good situation to be in though.. personally I'm leaning towards keeping Green though.
    2010-2011 League Champion
    2012-2013 Runner Up
    ROTO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2,G | G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, BS, W, GAA, SV%
    C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    LW: Hall, Tlusty
    RW: Malkin, Lupul
    D: Ehrhoff, Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle
    G: Holtby, Smith
    Bench: Faulk, Druoin, MacKinnon, Brodin, S. Mason, Bernier
    H2H Keeper League [5F, 1D, 1F/D 1G]
    2013 - 3rd
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D,1 Ult, 1 G -H2H Daily Start - G, A, +/-, Hits, BS, PPP, SHP - W, SV, GAA, SO
    F:Tavares, Landeskog, E.Kane, Backes, Yakupov, RNH/Kesler
    D: Green/OEL
    G: Rask