View Poll Results: Who will win this 2nd round series?!

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Penguins in 4

2 2.38%
  • Penguins in 5

16 19.05%
  • Penguins in 6

25 29.76%
  • Penguins in 7

7 8.33%
  • Senators in 4

1 1.19%
  • Senators in 5

4 4.76%
  • Senators in 6

13 15.48%
  • Senators in 7

16 19.05%
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Semifinals: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Ninja

Series hasn't even started yet and this thread is already epic.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    If not the Big Ev Hype Train then what? I think we're all confused here
    I swear BigEV is a politician
    Roto keep 8+1G

Start - 3RW/3LW/3C/4D/2G/1Utl

G,A,+|-,PIM,GWG,PPP,W,GAA,SV%,SO

League 1 (11 Teams) 10th yr

2017/2018 Roster

LW-Panarin/Galchenyuk/Roussel/Drouin
    C-Malkin/Zinanejad/Couturier/Brassard
    RW-Bratt/Oshie/Simmonds/Sheary
    D-Karlsson/Butcher/Fowler/Green
    G-Rask/Howard/Varlamov/Bernier
    (P)-Virtanen/O'Connor/Saros/Glass/White/Vesey

Banned

ok I'll bite what is the reason then? I really want to hear this...

you obviously believed they would still make the playoffs back then or you wouldn't be talking seeds in the first place, so you had faith...and then at the start of the Habs series you said shit like:

and

so you clearly weren't overestimating them at that point...

how then do you explain the complete 180 on this from uncertainty on beating an overrated Habs team to beating the powerhouse team in the east?

If not the Big Ev Hype Train then what? I think we're all confused here
    When Karlsson went down I said they were done. I didn't believe they'd make it. The goaltending (all 3) was the only reason they did. Now that their full roster is almost back, with the arguable best current goalie in the league, I think they can beat anybody in the East. I also don't think the Penguins are a powerhouse right now.

It has nothing to do with what they just did to the Habs. I think this team, with Spezza as their #1 centre, would have challenged anyone for #1 in the East. They are solid in every single position.

I am hionestly confused at what you're asking so I hope that answered it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    It has nothing to do with what they just did to the Habs. I think this team, with Spezza as their #1 centre, would have challenged anyone for #1 in the East. They are solid in every single position.

yeah that's the part I'm not getting because they had all their guys healthy and ready to go before the Habs series and you were tentative at best. Now you've gone 0-60 on us and are, if anything, overconfident going up against the Pens

Dobber Sports Initiate

When Karlsson went down I said they were done. I didn't believe they'd make it. The goaltending (all 3) was the only reason they did. Now that their full roster is almost back, with the arguable best current goalie in the league, I think they can beat anybody in the East. I also don't think the Penguins are a powerhouse right now.

The arguably "best current goalie in the league" is about to get peppered tonight.. He's going to have to transform into Patrick Roy for the Sens to have any chance. I predict Pens 4 - 1.

They are definitely not solid at every position... Please explain to me how Smith, Turris, Zibanejad, and Pageau is being solid at centre? All the teams remaining in the playoffs dummy the Sens @ centre. Not to mention your best winger is older than my father. You guys are solid in net and you have the best D-Man in the league that's all, face the facts. Stop trying to argue different because the stats don't back it up. Because you guys got through the 1st round, all of a sudden your entire roster is solid lol... I can easily admit our goaltending is shaky and our D core is suspect. But in the end it doesn't matter when we are going to score 3 + every game and make Anderson look like a mediocre goalie.

PIT: Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, Jokinen
    BOS: Bergeron, Seguin, Krejci, Campbell
    SJ: Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Desjardins
    CHI: Toews, Hossa, Bolland, Kruger

I'm to lazy to write the rest but you get the point. I'd rather have 3rd line centre from each of those teams than your top line centre in Turris (arguably even some of the 4th liners).
    Last edited by L2TG; May 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Here's the different scenarios.

Pens win in 4 - Big_Ev says 'Yeah I figured they would lose, but at least they got this far'

Pens win in 5 - Big_Ev points out that Doulos said they would win in 4 and is clearly an idiot because it took 5 games for them to be crushed. Random excuses about injuries/reffing pop up to defend why they lost.

Pengs win in 6/7 - Big_Ev goes on about how he was right that the Senators would be competitive in the series.

Senators win in any amount - Big_Ev's head explodes, sprinkling magical fairy dust and baby unicorns around the planet and he sees himself as the god of all hockey.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L2TG View Post
    The arguably "best current goalie in the league" is about to get peppered tonight.. He's going to have to transform into Patrick Roy for the Sens to have any chance. I predict Pens 4 - 1.

They are definitely not solid at every position... Please explain to me how Smith, Turris, Zibanejad, and Pageau is being solid at centre? All the teams remaining in the playoffs dummy the Sens @ centre. Not to mention your best winger is older than my father. You guys are solid in net and you have the best D-Man in the league that's all, face the facts. Stop trying to argue different because the stats don't back it up. Because you guys got through the 1st round, all of a sudden your entire roster is solid lol... I can easily admit our goaltending is shaky and our D core is suspect. But in the end it doesn't matter when we are going to score 3 + every game and make Anderson look like a mediocre goalie.

PIT: Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, Jokinen
    BOS: Bergeron, Seguin, Krejci, Campbell
    SJ: Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Desjardins
    CHI: Toews, Hossa, Bolland, Kruger

I'm to lazy to write the rest but you get the point. I'd rather have 3rd line centre from each of those teams than your top line centre in Turris (arguably even some of the 4th liners).
    Not sure if you have a learning disorder or something, but I clealry said WITH SPEZZA they are solid at every position. Spezza and Turris is a very good 1-2 punch. And no it is not arguable that those 4th lince centres are much, much worse than Turris. Give me a break.

Also why do I give a shit about SJ or CHI? I was clearly talking only about the Eastern conference. And let's not even talk about Jussi Jokinen who can barely hold onto a roster spot.

Don't underestimate Craig Anderson. Just wait until tonight, you'll see how good the guy is.

Why do I bother replying to nonsense. I'm a sucker.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

Pens win in 4 - Big_Ev says 'Yeah I figured they would lose, but at least they got this far'

Pens win in 5 - Big_Ev points out that Doulos said they would win in 4 and is clearly an idiot because it took 5 games for them to be crushed. Random excuses about injuries/reffing pop up to defend why they lost.

Pengs win in 6/7 - Big_Ev goes on about how he was right that the Senators would be competitive in the series.

Senators win in any amount - Big_Ev's head explodes, sprinkling magical fairy dust and baby unicorns around the planet and he sees himself as the god of all hockey.
    Why are you obsessed with me? Should I get a restraining order?

Banned

yeah that's the part I'm not getting because they had all their guys healthy and ready to go before the Habs series and you were tentative at best. Now you've gone 0-60 on us and are, if anything, overconfident going up against the Pens
    Because I thought Carey Price would actually play like he could. Vokoun and Fleury aren't close to him.

Banned

Last thing, people who underestimate this team like L2TG have no clue what the concept of a "team" is. It doesn't matter what you see on paper, it's a team game and chemistry plays a huge part in team success. The Washington Capital are the biggest example of a team with stars who just plain suck when it matters most. A team of all-stars doesn't mean a solid TRUE TEAM of hard-working guys with character and decent skill can't beat them.

The games are not played on paper. Realize that and you'll stop making dumb comments like "the Penguins will sweep the Isles" or "the Leafs have no chance against Boston"

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Now that's funny.
    Roto keep 8+1G

Start - 3RW/3LW/3C/4D/2G/1Utl

G,A,+|-,PIM,GWG,PPP,W,GAA,SV%,SO

League 1 (11 Teams) 10th yr

2017/2018 Roster

LW-Panarin/Galchenyuk/Roussel/Drouin
    C-Malkin/Zinanejad/Couturier/Brassard
    RW-Bratt/Oshie/Simmonds/Sheary
    D-Karlsson/Butcher/Fowler/Green
    G-Rask/Howard/Varlamov/Bernier
    (P)-Virtanen/O'Connor/Saros/Glass/White/Vesey

Dobber Sports Ninja

Why are you obsessed with me? Should I get a restraining order?

Squeaky wheel and all that.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not sure if you have a learning disorder or something, but I clealry said WITH SPEZZA they are solid at every position. Spezza and Turris is a very good 1-2 punch. And no it is not arguable that those 4th lince centres are much, much worse than Turris. Give me a break.

Also why do I give a shit about SJ or CHI? I was clearly talking only about the Eastern conference. And let's not even talk about Jussi Jokinen who can barely hold onto a roster spot.

Don't underestimate Craig Anderson. Just wait until tonight, you'll see how good the guy is.

Why do I bother replying to nonsense. I'm a sucker.
    I'm sorry but are we talking about the current post-season or next year? Because if we are discussing the current post-season, the Sens CURRENTLY don't have Spezza and are currently SHIT at the centre position. Even if Spezza comes back to try and save the Sens from elimination, he won't be at full speed. So no, I don't have a learning disability, I just assumed we were discussing the series and not next year.

Second, Jokinen can't hang on to a roster spot because the Pens are stacked. Turris wouldn't make the 3rd line for the Pens and that I guarantee you. He's a kid and about to learn a lesson in this series.

Third, I mentioned the other NHL teams to show you how deep they are at centre in comparison to your Sens. Maybe I should have put a title and underlined it so you could follow along.

Lastly, the question shouldn't be "why you respond to nonsense"... But rather.. why do you post at all when everything you say is loaded with HOMERISM and contradictions?
    Last edited by L2TG; May 14, 2013 at 5:13 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hahahahahah

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by L2TG View Post
    Lastly, the question shouldn't be "why you responsd to nonsense"... But rather.. why do you post at all when everything you say is loaded with HOMERISM and contradictions?
    What a hypocrite you are. Onto the ignore list.