Thread: Abdelkader for Frattin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Abdelkader for Frattin

I realize that this isn't exactly a blockbuster, but it's more about what Abdelkader offers than the deal itself. I haven't seen any of the Detroit/Anaheim series so I don't know what kind of impact Adbelkader is having. I also haven't seen any of the Toronto/Boston series, so it's the same deal with Frattin.

Here are the things I know about Abdelkader: he got suspended for two games, he scored a goal in the last game, he is a good hitter but not much else. What am I missing?

Here are the things I know about Frattin: he has 2 points in 4 playoff games, he is supposed to be/was at one point one of Toronto's top young players, management seems to be getting annoyed with his lack of production. What am I missing?

What I want to avoid is moving a reliable, multi-cat depth forward for an offensive 'prospect' who can't put it together. When I picked Abdelkader up he was an injury replacement, and I was about to drop him when he scored his hat-trick. I thought I'd hang onto him and I dropped Grossmann instead.

The GM in question is a Wings fan, so I'm assuming Abdelkader has been playing well against Anaheim. Is he just a fan favourite or could he be a useful guy? I'd especially like to hear from anyone that has been watching the Wings/Ducks series closely. Rep for any responses!
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

Abdelkader is looking good, last game however he was at some point replaced by Franzen. Not sure if this was just temporary. But Wings arent exactly deep with F under 30 and both Franzen and Samuelsson are injuryprone. But I can see this as just a playoff type of lineup, getting some grit on the Z/Dats line(especially against the Ducks). Next season Brunner is probably back on their rw. Red wings always has these 3/4 th liners stepping up during the playoffs. I wouldnt put to much into it.

Cant really help you with Frattin, dont watch alot of leafs games.