Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Keeper dmen. Choose 3. Enstrom Campbell Fowler Goligoski Markov

Keeper dmen. Choose 3. Enstrom Campbell Fowler Goligoski Markov

League info below. Thanks!
    12GM, H2H, Keep 4F, 3D, 1G
    Forwards/Dmen: G A P +/- PIM PPG PPA PPP SHP GWG
    Goalies: W GAA SV SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Interesting how hardly anyone is picking Markov... Hes a PPP stud. Any reasoning? Injury proneness? He lasted very nicely this year, for a change.

Dobber Sports Giant

Cool

Enstrom was the clear cut first choice - not many Dman are a "sure thing" to crack 50 points in a full season, and Enstrom is one of them.

After that, Brian Campbell was my next choice. Still perhaps the best skating Dman in the league, has little *real* competition for PP ice tune (Kulikov), and should have some pretty solid offensive talent to work with next season and going fwd.

My third choice, a bit more difficult but still not rocket-science, was Andrei Markov. It's hardly a slam dunk, but thats only because of his health concerns (the knee could literally explode at any moment). But he was a straight up machine on the PP, and with all the extra "oomph" goal-scoring Dmen who are wizards on the PP provide in your format I think he's worth the risk.

Guys like Goligoski and Fowler, while both solid keeper options in their own right, have just as many question marks surrounding them as does Markov. So, because these guys aren't exactly the safest options anyway, I think it's totally worth taking a risk on an established PP stud like Markov.

1. Enstrom
    2. Campbell
    3. Markov

Good luck, buddy.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Padawan

I agree with everything that MounD stated about the first two picks. I went with Goli for the 3rd but had a tough time picking between him and Markov. It came down to the fact that I have been bitten so many times by Markov (injuries) that I can't bring myself to trust him anymore so Goli was more of a win by default. If you have the stomach for it then roll the dice with Markov.
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Enstrom was the clear cut first choice - not many Dman are a "sure thing" to crack 50 points in a full season, and Enstrom is one of them.
    I had Enstrom checked instantly followed by Markov and then I had to think for a minute. Your post actually convinced me to go Campbell

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    I had Enstrom checked instantly followed by Markov and then I had to think for a minute. Your post actually convinced me to go Campbell
    I get all warm and fuzzy when people agree with me. But yeah, Campbell is pretty damn steady. If you can stomach the +/- numbers, he will probably satisfy you in just about every other category.

Just a side note about Campbell:

After the departure of Garrison, it seemed like the team was lacking that "gun" on the backend to set up for one-timers on the PP. Now, I could just be naive with this point, but it appeared to me that Campbell was more involved shooting on the PP (increasing his SOG and Goal-per game averages this season). This "trend" could be just the opposite, but if we're seeing a change in Campbell's typical "role" (lack of better word), his SOG and goal totals could be a boon instead of a weakness.

I'm very optimistic about Campbell's value next season, especially if your league doesn't count +/-.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hey guys.. Thanks for the input. I think I agree pretty much with everything MounD said. And I agree it boils down to if I have the stomach to hold on to Markov.. Well, I have had it for about 3 years now.. I have carried Markov as my keeper for 3 years, yes, very painful 3 years.. But I know how good he is, and thats why I have kept him. This year he finally was able to stay healthy for a large amount of games, surely not a full season, but still promising. He was the PP stud we all know he can be.. So, I agree with Enstrom and Campbell being secure 1 and 2.

It all comes down to Markov vs Goligoski IMO. Fowler had a great 40 pt rookie career, which is amazing, and he may be due for a breakout soon.. But I have a better chance of grabbing him in later rounds than Markov or Goligoski. So, either I risk it and go with Markov and potentially lose him to injury.. or I play it safe and go with Goligoski, who should stay healthy and give me an almost sure 40 pts. Markov is high risk, high reward.

I will probably go with Markov Enstrom Campbell.. We shall see.
    Last edited by PR Parrots; May 12, 2013 at 2:38 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

I had the same 3 picked as Mound before I even read his very logical comment. That is the way to go.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was about to write a post about how Markov's downside (missing 20+ games) might make him a bad gamble for an earlier pick in a draft - and was going to promote Goligoski. To support my claim, I looked up his PP performance over the last few healthy seasons and have changed my mind. His PPP totals regularly represent huge percentages of his scoring.

Last three healthy years
    PPP / Total Points

23/30
    39/52
    32/58

I voted for Enstrom, Campbell, Goligoski up top, but what the hell... take Markov.

If nothing else, this post has swayed me on the nature of the Markov gamble.
    10-Team, Custom Keeper. In this league GMs sign their own contracts at an auction for a specified price and term up to 4 years.

G(3) A(2.5) +/- (0.5) SOG(0.1) FOW/FOL (0.05) HTS(0.1) BKS (0.1)

2C - McDavid, Pettersson, Barkov, Kopitar,
    2RW - Lindholm, Perron, Reinhart, Killorn
    2LW - Draisaitl, Svechnikov, Schenn
    3FWD From above FWDs
    6D - Karlsson, Dahlin, Gustafsson, Theodore, Edler
    2G - Varlamov, Greisss, Murray, Mrazek

IR - Hamilton

6FARM - Kakko, Mittelstadt, Francouz, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Sophomore

How do people see Goligoski's value changing with Gonchar on board? I feel this could go either way with his game improving if he gets top PP along with Gonchar. Or he could be hurt if they put guys like Daley and Robidas with Gonchar and give him 2nd PP time.. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by PR Parrots View Post
    Keeper dmen. Choose 3. Enstrom Campbell Fowler Goligoski Markov

League info below. Thanks!
    Enstrom, Campbell, Goligoski. I think Goligoski thrives with less pressure to be the point producer in Big D.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd drop Markov and Fowler.

Age and injury concerns is the reason I'd drop Markov.
    Poor development is the reason I would stay away from Fowler.
    12 team Rotisserie league (No positional requirements: 7 Keepers of which 2 must be Farm eligible).
    Active Roster consists of: 6 FW, 4 D, 2 G and 6 Bench.
    Scoring Cats: G (10x), A (10x), SOG (10x), HT (10x), BS (10x), PIM (10x), TK (10x), +/- (5x); W (10x), SV (10x), SO (5x)

FW: ​Draisaitl, Pastrnak, Keller, Jarvis, Barbashev, Kyrou, Raymond
    D: Dobson, Nurse, Sergachev, Andersson, Zadorov, York
    G: Oettinger, Raanta, Copley, Vejmelka
    IR: Hamilton
    Farm (165 games for F/D and 100 games for G): Wolf, Fantilli

Dobber Sports Stud

Enstrom, Markov and Campbell in that order. Three guys with a history of producing. They're all gambles, especially with injuries. Anyone down on Markov for injuries, should try owning Enstrom. I traded Toby and Halak for Quick and some depth forwards. The diff. in winning it all this year.
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PR Parrots View Post
    How do people see Goligoski's value changing with Gonchar on board? I feel this could go either way with his game improving if he gets top PP along with Gonchar. Or he could be hurt if they put guys like Daley and Robidas with Gonchar and give him 2nd PP time.. Thoughts?
    From what I remember, DAL still found ways to give PP ice time to other dmen and forwards playing the point rather than letting Goligoski play on both units so I don't think his PPTOI will decrease. It could go either way but at this point I'd call it a wash.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Enstrom and Soupy are easy 1-2.

I'd take Golo even with Gonchar there. I'm not sold on Markov having a great/healthy year next year. No need to take the risk with a guy like Goligoski available.
    14 team keeper Sim league
    40 player 100 year cap,
    C: Giroux, Barzal, Getzlaf, Koivu
    LW: Schenn, Labanc, Neal, Mikeyev, Benn
    RW: Voracek, Kucherov, Wheeler, Garland, Burakovsky
    D: Keith, Weber, Suter, Edler, E. Johnson, Stralman, Cernak
    G: Raanta, Korpisalo, Miller,