Thread: Which youngster and goalie? rep.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Which youngster and goalie? rep.

Pick 2

Landeskog
    Skinner
    OEL
    Voynov

Pick 1

Quick
    Anderson
    Crawford

With the scoring stats I really like Anderson in my league, lots of saves and a good sv%, but its hard to let go of Quick (no need to keep 2 goalies we only play 1 and theres always potent goalies on waivers).

I like to keep OEL/Landeskog. Landeskog can become a beast in my format and I like OELs upside (but being a swede I might be biased?). Skinner is also a favorite but his concussions really worries me.

Also shp was a real weak spot for my team this year, I brought in kesler and Landeskog to help me out. Basically that stat lost me the win.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Marwin; May 11, 2013 at 6:59 AM.

Dobber Sports Expert

In a 8 team league where you only start one goalie you should not keep two, so i would take Quick.

The second choice is between Skinner and Landeskog and thatīs close for me, but i would go with Skinner.
    After his brutal sophomore slump i think it will be easier to draft Landeskog than it will be with Skinner, who has a slightly higher upside as well.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think you are making a mistake keeping Moulson in that league.

I think these are the players I would protect based on your league set up.

Lw: E.Kane, Benn, Neal

C : Tavares, Stamkos, Kesler

Rw: Voracek, Backes, Landeskog, Skinner

D: Subban, OEL, Edler

G: Quick

Bn:Eriksson, Steen, Skinner
    ir: Kesler

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quick or Anderson ? BOTH. May be drop Moulson to keep both, if Quick is injured, or underperformed you could start Anderson.

It's not just keeping someone its also not giving at your rival one of the best goalie in the league. I think is fantasy value is better then Moulson.

Landeskog and OEL like you bet for the other choice !!
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like Quick for your G spot - I know Anderson was lights out when he played this year and Quick had a so/so year but my gut just won't let me pick Anderson. Just can't.

OEL and Landeskog - OEL is primed to become an elite D IMO. I see him taking another step offensively next season and then "exploding" if you will, after that.
    Landeskog may not have the offensive upside that Skinner has but he will put up solid offensive numbers and will approach beast status in leagues with hits and PIMs so I take him
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for the replies so far. Im not so sure about shoes suggestion on dropping Moulson? With g gwg ppp sog he becomes above avarage Lw, am I missing something?

Quick seems like the obvious choice but Bernier played really solid, I hate to get into a Nucks type of situation. But yeah I understand that Quick is the most solid option here.

More opinions are welcomed.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you've got it right: Landeskog, OEL and Quick. With Anderson potentially splitting time with Lehner next year I don't think it's as close as it might seem. Quick has been a beast (with the exception of the giveaway in game 1) against the Blues, so I think he's finally over the hangover. God willing, Bernier will be moved and Quick won't have any competition for starts.

Because of the concussion issues I'd take Skinner out of it, and OEL is clearly better than Voynov. Stick with what you had.
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper