Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bruins Game Delay Tactics

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Bruins Game Delay Tactics

The constant delay tactics employed by the Bruins during this series to get their guys some rest at key moments is absolutely ridiculous and classless. It blows my mind that the refs let them get away with it.

Lucic taking "fake" face-offs? Sending guys to the bench on icings? Are you ****ing kidding me?

The sad part is that they are getting away with it, and it is actually an effective stall tactic. The refs need to hit them with a delay of game for this classless shit, otherwise other teams will start doing it more too and these games will become even more needlessly prolonged like ****ing basketball.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Biggest dive by Horton on the Phaneuf pinch too. Was hoping Toronto would pull it off that sucks!
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Initiate

Oh the bitter taste of sour grapes.

If the refs are not doing anything about it why wouldn't they do everything in their power to get an edge.

I seem to remember Lupul doing his best Ryan Kesler head snap to gain an advantage for the Leafs.

Let's go boys. One more.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BDog View Post

If the refs are not doing anything about it why wouldn't they do everything in their power to get an edge.

I seem to remember Lupul doing his best Ryan Kesler head snap to gain an advantage for the Leafs.

Let's go boys. One more.
    That's exactly my point... the refs aren't doing anything about it.

It's not sour grapes, I posted this way before the outcome of the game... it's been pissing me off all series.

Let's not mix this up with diving which is a whole other issue...

Administrator

This is a league problem. If they want to fix it they can with a few delay of game penalties.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Banned

Did Michel Therrien hack your account?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Same kind of stuff the Sharks were pulling vs the Canucks. I wouldn't mind seeing an impromptu rule put in much like when Avery was screening Brodeur with his hand in front of his face.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    That's exactly my point... the refs aren't doing anything about it.

It's not sour grapes, I posted this way before the outcome of the game... it's been pissing me off all series.

Let's not mix this up with diving which is a whole other issue...
    It comes down to trying to gain an advantage for your team. Cheating in the face off, embellishment, stall tactics, whatever. Players will take whatever is given to them and ALL teams do it and some better than others so calling the Bruins "classless" for taking what was given to them is just a tad hypocritical, no?
    I didn't jump on here and claim the Leafs were classless when Lupul embellished resulting in a goal. He took what was given to him.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Ninja

It comes down to trying to gain an advantage for your team. Cheating in the face off, embellishment, stall tactics, whatever. Players will take whatever is given to them and ALL teams do it and some better than others so calling the Bruins "classless" for taking what was given to them is just a tad hypocritical, no?
    I didn't jump on here and claim the Leafs were classless when Lupul embellished resulting in a goal. He took what was given to him.
    Yes I do in fact think it's classless to take blatant advantage of a loophole in the rules in certain manners. Going by your principles, I guess you didn't think Avery's pathetic stick swinging tactic in Brodeur's face was classless either...

Every team does it to an extent, just like every team dives, but the B's take it to a whole new level, and other teams are paying attention and it's only a matter of time before this becomes a shitty epidemic.

The Great One

So you like diving in soccer?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Same kind of stuff the Sharks were pulling vs the Canucks. I wouldn't mind seeing an impromptu rule put in much like when Avery was screening Brodeur with his hand in front of his face.
    No need for making MORE rules, just call the damn rules that are already in the books!

The Avery screening Brodeur could have easily been called unsportsmanlike conduct if the league allowed their refs to have ANY balls.

A simple delay of game would work for a team caught going to the bench on an icing. They could even issue a warning for the first offence. If you want to penalize a team for putting a non-Centre in the dot, knowing they will try to get kicked out...simply DON'T kick them out! Force them to take the faceoff OR they will get a delay of game penalty! The officials KNOW who takes faceoffs, it's not rocket surgery, geez.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Diving? Call a diving penalty ONLY.

Delay of Game after an icing with a "fake faceoff"? Call a delay of game.

Problem solved. The players are acting like weasels and the refs like jellyfish.

This is so mindnumbingly easy to fix.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Diving? Call a diving penalty ONLY.

Delay of Game after an icing with a "fake faceoff"? Call a delay of game.

Problem solved. The players are acting like weasels and the refs like jellyfish.

This is so mindnumbingly easy to fix.
    Ya I will never get how they can call diving and say a trip or hook in the same play. How does that even make sense?

The Great One

How doesn't it.

It was a trip, he was going to get penalized. But he embellished the trip (even more so) and now he gets the embellishment call.

I can see your point in calling both in the same play (I don't agree with it either) but it makes total sense in why they call it like they do.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    How doesn't it.

It was a trip, he was going to get penalized. But he embellished the trip (even more so) and now he gets the embellishment call.

I can see your point in calling both in the same play (I don't agree with it either) but it makes total sense in why they call it like they do.
    Exactly.

That said, they could treat dives/embellishment like they do for some post season scrums, "There can only be one" (it sounds better if you say it with a Scottish accent - Highlander)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket