Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Summer column ideas

  1. #1
    Location
    Vancouver
    Rep Power
    34

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default Summer column ideas

    My top 10 lists are done, the final part of the 2013 Prime Cuts roster will be published on Friday... what do you want to see this summer?

    Some stuff in the works:

    • Top 50 Player Trade Values
    • 10 Under the Radar Multi-Category Players
    • 10 Unknown Prospects Worth Knowing
    • The Summer Stock Market (Buy Low/Sell High options)


    Any other topics/suggestions/ideas?
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

  2. #2
    BlackGold's Avatar
    BlackGold is online now
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,601
    Rep Power
    12

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    This might be up your alley with your focus on fitness and health. How about articles on Workout "Teams" and an analysis of who/how players workout with have translated to on ice performance.

    For example there are all the guys who work out with Gary Roberts which is probably the most well known, who are they? What kind of workouts do they do? When did they join the Gary Roberts team and did it translate to better play?

    Who are the other major workout gurus for hockey players?
    Are there groups of players who spend a lot of time off season training together?
    Which group has better fantasy players?

    Just some questions to get you thinking, hope you can come up with a great article on that.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 6F, 3D, 1G (to max 4 years)
    4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G,5BN,2IR Roto-play 90games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

    C: 4-Backstrom, 2-Getzlaf, Kesler, Eller, Johansen (RW)
    LW: 3-Zetterberg(c), 2-Hall, 3-Benn(c), Moulson
    RW: 2-P.Kane(c), Parenteau, Ryder, Brouwer, Alfredsson
    D: 3-Edler, 2-Yandle, 2-Subban, Del Zotto, Carlson, J.Faulk, Hedman
    G: 3-Quick, Holtby, Bernier, Reimer
    IR: empty

    #- denotes number of years I have kept a player.

  3. #3
    horrorfan's Avatar
    horrorfan is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,205
    Location
    Scotland
    Rep Power
    51

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default

    Valuating this year's short season production going into next year's full season. What breakout/struggles were real or due to the shortened season and lack of market correction.
    Last edited by horrorfan; May 9, 2013 at 5:10 AM.
    Yahoo Baseball, One-year, 20 teams, Rotisserie (click below to show settings)
     
    Midsummer Classic:
    C,1B,2B,3B,SS,3OF,Util/2SP,2RP,3P,5BN,2DL,1NA * R,HR,RBI,SB,AVG,OPS/W,SV,HLD,K,ERA,WHIP * Max games/innings=162/1250

    Baseball is Life:
    C,1B,2B,3B,SS,IF,3OF,2Util/4SP,3RP,2P,4BN,3DL * R,HR,RBI,SB,AVG,OPS/W,SV,HLD,K,ERA,WHIP * Max games/innings=162/1475

  4. #4
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    24

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    An article on players who play on their off wing!

    " You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

  5. #5
    Location
    Vancouver
    Rep Power
    34

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    This might be up your alley with your focus on fitness and health. How about articles on Workout "Teams" and an analysis of who/how players workout with have translated to on ice performance.

    For example there are all the guys who work out with Gary Roberts which is probably the most well known, who are they? What kind of workouts do they do? When did they join the Gary Roberts team and did it translate to better play?

    Who are the other major workout gurus for hockey players?
    Are there groups of players who spend a lot of time off season training together?
    Which group has better fantasy players?

    Just some questions to get you thinking, hope you can come up with a great article on that.
    Interesting thought, thanks for this. Always interesting to connect the dots between training and success (and more than the vague "best shape of my life" statement we hear each camp).
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

  6. #6
    Location
    Vancouver
    Rep Power
    34

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Valuating this year's short season production going into next year's full season. What breakout/struggles were real or due to the shortened season and lack of market correction.
    Most definitely - this is going to be a big focus.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

  7. #7
    Location
    Vancouver
    Rep Power
    34

    Dobber Sports Juggernaut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    An article on players who play on their off wing!
    Interesting thought - in terms of players who have had success making the move? Neal, Nash, etc.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

  8. #8
    cdubb's Avatar
    cdubb is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,298
    Rep Power
    20

    Dobber Sports Ace

    Default

    top 10-20 multi-cat prospects?
    Semi-retired

  9. #9
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    24

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    Interesting thought - in terms of players who have had success making the move? Neal, Nash, etc.
    Yes! Offensive zone positioning is what I am thinking, but I believe there is a lot to this topic. I think it would be fun to research and there is a ton of video evidence on YouTube that could be used in the article.

    " You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

  10. #10
    The Comish's Avatar
    The Comish is online now
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,005
    Location
    Back in Ottawa
    Rep Power
    25

    Administrator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    Any other topics/suggestions/ideas?
    Boxers vs Briefs

    How I spent my summer vacation

    Grease 3, the Roberto Luongo saga

    Just tryin' to help ya out Jeff!
    12 Team "Experts" Roto representing Dobberhockey
    G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,Hits,Blocks,Wins,GAA,SV% - Keep 4
    4C-Stamkos,Turris,Ribeiro,M.Koivu,Nielsen,Gagner
    4L-Marchand,B.Schenn,Ott,Clowe,Raymond
    4R-Wheeler,Simmonds,C.Stewart,Vrbata,Toffoli
    6D-Byfuglien,Phaneuf,J.Johnson,Carle,Fowler,Gardiner,Demers
    2G-M.Smith,Holtby,Pavelec,Stalock

    12 Team Salary Cap Roto Dynasty (G,A,Pts,FPts,DPts,Pim,SOG,H,BS,W+OTL+SO,GAA,SV%)
    12F-Ovechkin,Kopitar,P&E Kane,Kessel,J.Thornton,Brouwer,M.Foligno,Killorn,R oussel,Clutterbuck,Gerbe,Vrbata,Penner,Frattin
    6D-Subban,Letang,Franson,Streit,Niskanen,K.Russell,De mers,Benoit
    2G-Rask,Varlamov
    Farm-Nyquist,Rattie,Jurco,Beck,Brennan,Trocheck,Zadorov ,Despres,Markstrom,F.Andersen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •