Thread: Best playoff atmosphere?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Best playoff atmosphere?

Just curious which building you guys have found to be the loudest or hardest place to play during the playoffs so far.

The Joe was nuts tonight, but I haven't been able to watch every series so I don't know if there's a louder building.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Uggggggggggggh I was so close to going tonight.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Nothing compares to the crowd at the Bell Centre. This city lives and dies with the Habs season.
    5th Year 12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, PPP, SHP
    W, GAA, Sv%, Svs, SO

C: J.Spezza, A.Galchenyuk, E.Kuznetsov, M.Hanzal, V.Rask, S.Couturier
    LW: Z.Parise, M.Gaborik, T.Vanek, J.Skinner
    RW: C.Perry, J.Pavelski, P.Hornqvist, V.Nichushkin
    D: E.Karlsson, P.K Subban, J.Muzzin, R.Ristolainen
    G: R.Miller, S.Varlamov, D.Dubnyk

Prospects: Matthews, Kapanen, Vrana, Scherbak, Zadorov, Grubauer, Pickard, Aittokallio, Makarov, Reway, Guryanov, McCarron, Samsonov, Aho, Montour, Bowey

Dobber Sports Monster

The UC is insane.

Dobber Sports Guru

The ACC sucks. Bunch of ****ing suits (I've been in this position) there with clients or coworkers not wanting to get crazy or really loud for fear of looking bad in front of them. No arena should have so much of the lower bowl devoted to box seats, it kills the atmosphere.

I can't really speak for other barns from first hand playoff experience but, as much as it pains me to say it, Scotiabank place in Ottawa was absolutely jumping last night. The United Centre and the Bell Centre also seem to be rocking based on television viewing.

Disclaimer: I'm bum drunk cause the leafs lost so any and all comments may be stricken from the record at a future time.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; May 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Bell Centre is untouchable when it comes to live atmosphere.

Wells Fargo Center is pretty amazing too.

Dobber Sports Pro

Winnipeg... Too soon?

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Veteran

No doubt the ones listed above. The Staples Center sounded deafening on TV tonight though.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not sure about today, but I remember back as a kid we used to go to the Joe Louis Arena to watch Colorado vs Detroit in the playoffs- and the atmosphere there was absolutely unbelievable. I'll never forget April 1, 1998 (not a playoff game but almost) when Roy fought Osgood. The crowd went wild during/after that brawl - my ears were ringing days afterwards.

Those were really the good old days when there was no other team near Detroit and Colorado (except maybe Dallas) and they just happened to be bitter rivals. It was instant electricity in the air each time they played each other. The Joe is still loud, but the atmosphere is a bit different- not as exciting as it used to be.
    Last edited by ShawneePanthers; May 7, 2013 at 4:35 AM.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Banned

probably Montreal, Chicago, Philly and Boston at the top of the list

Dobber Sports Ninja

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    probably Montreal, Chicago, Philly and Boston at the top of the list
    Have to agree with those mcgoo. I've read that Chicago is one crazy place and I think everyone knows how passionate Habs fans are. In all my years, I have never been to an NHL playoff game. I hope somehow to go to one in Edmonton over the next couple of years and see for myself if it can rival Montreal or Chicago (I guess I would also have to go to playoff games their to compare!). Would love to get caught up cheering for the home team passionately instead of cheering for my fantasy team players...

Dobber Sports Immortal

From what has been said and from what I've heard, the Bell Centre must just be insane. I would love to go there someday for a playoff game.

I would also love to see what a Leafs game would be like without all of the suits. That place was dead for the 3rd period....at least in terms of how other buildings are. It sucks to see because then you look outside the arena and it looked crazy. Would like to see some of those fans in the building.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Have to agree with those mcgoo. I've read that Chicago is one crazy place and I think everyone knows how passionate Habs fans are. In all my years, I have never been to an NHL playoff game. I hope somehow to go to one in Edmonton over the next couple of years and see for myself if it can rival Montreal or Chicago (I guess I would also have to go to playoff games their to compare!). Would love to get caught up cheering for the home team passionately instead of cheering for my fantasy team players...
    yeah man you really have to go, there's nothing else like it...I've been to a handful but would love to see some more, especially out west (Calgary, Edmonton, etc). So far I've been to Montreal (both the BC and the old forum), Atlanta, MSG, Philly and the old Boston Garden (which only sat 14,500 or something like that but was loud as hell)