Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Offering a C for Cam Ward

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Offering a C for Cam Ward

In the league in my signature, I am contemplating offering a C for Cam Ward.

He has Fleury and Anderson plus Bishop on the farm as well as Ward. His C are pretty weak.

Not interested in low-balling an offer so forget that. Any thoughts on what a fair offer might look like?

Edit: We have a utility slot I don't show.
    Last edited by Shoeless; May 6, 2013 at 7:07 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    In the league in my signature, I am contemplating offering a C for Cam Ward.

He has Fleury and Anderson plus Bishop on the farm as well as Ward. His C are pretty weak.

Not interested in low-balling an offer so forget that. Any thoughts on what a fair offer might look like?

Edit: We have a utility slot I don't show.
    I would offer Stastny but the other GM may consider that a low-ball offer.

Sedin may be a better pitch but I would want something else thrown in if I were you, maybe a draft pick or prospect.
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by sixhands View Post
    I would offer Stastny but the other GM may consider that a low-ball offer.

Sedin may be a better pitch but I would want something else thrown in if I were you, maybe a draft pick or prospect.
    Okay Sixhands, you have my attention. My last thought as I left off posting my question was, "I wonder if anyone will suggest Sedin with some kind of compensation back (in my case I was thinking a pick upgrade in our waiver draft). I am impressed. I think Stastny is a lowball offer, so I wouldn't do it straight up but he was the other option in a package that I had thought much about - but the other guy is pretty solid for wingers and his farm is strong and picks good so it would mean throwing in a D guy which he could likely use - considered Stats and Voynov or Franson actually.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would consider Stats + Filler to be a lowball in a league that counts saves.

I think it's gotta be Sedin for Ward+ OR Stepan+ for Ward.

I like Stepan a lot (as I'm sure you do as well), but I don't see him as a true PPG player and now might be as good a time as any to sell "high" on him.

If you go the Sedin route, then you would need another half-decent C coming back as you would be left shallow at that position.

Dobber Sports Monster

One option is deal Stastny for Bishop and bring up Gally to take Stastny's spot. This affords you the option to not part with Stepan and or Sedin and still helps your goalie situation ( if you feel Bishop can get the bulk amount of TB's starts)

The other option is as Blayze indicated to deal off one of Sedin/Stepan for Ward. If you deal Sedin then it would require something else in return besides just Ward.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I would consider Stats + Filler to be a lowball in a league that counts saves.

I think it's gotta be Sedin for Ward+ OR Stepan+ for Ward.

I like Stepan a lot (as I'm sure you do as well), but I don't see him as a true PPG player and now might be as good a time as any to sell "high" on him.

If you go the Sedin route, then you would need another half-decent C coming back as you would be left shallow at that position.
    I don't think I would offer more than Stepan straight up for Ward - but I do agree with your points assessment on him. Just don't think Stepan would get him interested. If he was, I would have to come with something in the way of soft picks or pick upgrades to him but I am really content with Stepan as my #2 C at the moment.

I really have no interest in having a C guy come back in a Sedin deal - I am not sitting on Johansen and Galchenyuk just for looks. Don't want to force a depth drop if I can avoid it - a pick upgrade would be the way to go. Unfortunately Johansen just went over the protection limit for the farm so I need to use a pro slot to keep him.
    Last edited by Shoeless; May 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    One option is deal Stastny for Bishop and bring up Gally to take Stastny's spot. This affords you the option to not part with Stepan and or Sedin and still helps your goalie situation ( if you feel Bishop can get the bulk amount of TB's starts)

The other option is as Blayze indicated to deal off one of Sedin/Stepan for Ward. If you deal Sedin then it would require something else in return besides just Ward.
    Yeah, I just think that Bishop is too iffy for next season - could be the right thing to do but Stastny can be an extremely serviceable C in this league if he just gets back on track a little and so I would much rather swap him out for something with more certainty.

Dobber Sports Guru

Do you start one or two goalies? If you start two each week, I'd go all in for Sedin-Ward deal. Even if it means dealing Sedin straight up for Ward.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Do you start one or two goalies? If you start two each week, I'd go all in for Sedin-Ward deal. Even if it means dealing Sedin straight up for Ward.
    Yup 2 start a week. I sent him the offer and will see what he thinks.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You always have to ask for more... since 95% of GMs will counter and adjust in his favour.

H.Sedin is one of the MOST overrated player in mult-cat (extending to Hits/PIM).

I think the offer needs to be:
    H.Sedin+
    for
    C.Ward++

Be careful though.
    Things won't get any easier for Carolina next year.
    They slide into a division with PHI,PIT,NYR,NJ,NYI + WAS & CBJ.
    Two of their easier opponents (FLA, TB) will be in with the Northeast.
    WPG is heading west.

Carolina's schedule gets harder next year.
    Don't forget that.
    In a league that counts L... I think this pushes Cam Ward's value down even more.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    You always have to ask for more... since 95% of GMs will counter and adjust in his favour.
    Yup and with me they leave without a deal. You have a point, just not one I subscribe to.

With GS as a cat - Ward's increased L total is offset so the gamble is that he can put up decent peripherals while contributing to wins, saves and SO - there are no other goalies available that aren't incredibly overpriced.

Dobber Sports Giant

How about Statsny, Johansen and Emery for Ward and some useless players. I would hold on to Stepan and Sedin if that was possible. This deal will help him with his C's and he can get some goalie stats out of it as well.

What does his team look like?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    How about Statsny, Johansen and Emery for Ward and some useless players. I would hold on to Stepan and Sedin if that was possible. This deal will help him with his C's and he can get some goalie stats out of it as well.

What does his team look like?
    Emery is worthless to him and Johansen is too much of a prospect which he has in spades on his farm - he needs real help now at C as his wings and goal are strong and his D is passable. Stastny doesn't really present well right now. I don't see how that offer would be remotely attractive to him.

The more I think about it the more I think Sedin for Ward with an uptick in picks is value for value - yeah I am paying a little to move into a starter goalie but that is the price associated with going after a player in a position of more rarity.
    Last edited by Shoeless; May 7, 2013 at 1:20 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Do you really want Ward or do you think he would be the easiest to acquire?

Why not try H.Sedin for Anderson straight up?

or

Stastny + pick/prospect for Anderson.

Just some other avenues to think about but if it's Ward that you want then we've pretty much covered most of your options.
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by sixhands View Post
    Do you really want Ward or do you think he would be the easiest to acquire?

Why not try H.Sedin for Anderson straight up?

or

Stastny + pick/prospect for Anderson.

Just some other avenues to think about but if it's Ward that you want then we've pretty much covered most of your options.
    Two words: Lehner Peters