Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NO! Jay and Dan...

Banned

They were hit and miss for me...funny a lot of the times but sometimes they were just trying too hard. But for the mornings I guess it's good to have some goofiness to wake you up before you go to school or work. They are targeted at the 16-35 age group I would say.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    "There are plenty of shows to see your sports and get the scores and no funny business," said SportsCentre co-anchor Dan O'Toole. "That's not a show we want to watch. We go about making a show we and our buddies would want to watch."

If you don't like it don't watch it. Obviously, they were doing something right.
    Pretty much says it all. No one was forcing anyone to watch TSN for their sports highlights in the morning when they were on. There were other options if you didnt appreciate what they brought.

And for the record, I am over 40 years old, not that that should make any difference to anything. I appreciated them for what they were and enjoyed what they brought to the highlights every morning.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm saddened by this news. I've always thought they were hilarious and entertaining. I'm not sure what age has to do with any of this though. I'm 32, I've found them hilarious and entertaining since they started. I think you just do or you don't.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by 4horsemen View Post
    From what I understand, the ads are direct marketing and are targeted at you based on your internet usage patterns.....just sayin
    So can someone explain to me why I keep getting ads for the shewee?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am not wishing them all the best, because I don't agree with them leaving us, HAHAHAHA..

Now we have to look at Dutchy, Nabill, and Farhan more, this sucks..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

First, they take Gretzky. Then they take Brett Hull. Then Triumph the Insult Dog steals Ed the Sock's act, and now this?!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    First, they take Gretzky. Then they take Brett Hull. Then Triumph the Insult Dog steals Ed the Sock's act, and now this?!
    We can't win for trying..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..