Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mike Smith

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rookien View Post
    I have the chance to secure Smith as my 3rd goalie behind King Henrik and Rask. We have 5 goalie stats and i have been dominating Save % and GAA but not wins, SHO and shots against. A 3rd goalie could really help me.

But is the time to stay away from him or to grab him ?
    depends on the price really

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by rookien View Post
    I have the chance to secure Smith as my 3rd goalie behind King Henrik and Rask. We have 5 goalie stats and i have been dominating Save % and GAA but not wins, SHO and shots against. A 3rd goalie could really help me.

But is the time to stay away from him or to grab him ?
    I think Mike Smith is a solid option to add as a 3rd goalie especially with the other 2 you have, but you just never know what will happen with Smith if he leaves Phoenix. Sean Burke (phx goalie coach) makes goalies succeed (see Bryzy), so it is questionable if Smith would keep up his great stats he had, but I believe either way he would be a great 3rd goalie. Go get him

The Great One

I've heard the reports of Smith wanting a big pay day, but I wonder if that is more about a long-term deal than a one or two year deal, and honestly I can't blame him for that.

I could see him sign a 5-7 year deal for $5 million per year. Does that seem realistic or does anyone think he might sign for more than that (I'm referring specifically to the AAV).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I've heard the reports of Smith wanting a big pay day, but I wonder if that is more about a long-term deal than a one or two year deal, and honestly I can't blame him for that.

I could see him sign a 5-7 year deal for $5 million per year. Does that seem realistic or does anyone think he might sign for more than that (I'm referring specifically to the AAV).
    it is always possible philly did it with bryz

but then again what philly did with bryz is one of the reasons i also think smith might have a bit of trouble

well that and the glut of available goalies and the limited number of jobs

if he can get 5 for 5 per he should take it and run i dont see how he is worth anything close to that and he should be happy if he gets it