Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keeper league - goalies

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper league - goalies

Hey Gents - I have a predicament here. I have a keeper league where we keep six players in total. I'd like to keep two goalies of my three current. I have: Bryzgalof (PHI), Crawford (CHI), Reimer (TOR). Which two would be the best to keep? I'm so worried about Bryz next year i don't know if i can keep him. Can i count on Reimer to be the number one in TOR? Let me know what you guys think?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Welcome to the boards!

I was very high on Bryz prior to this year... but things change.
    I don't believe that Bryz was so much at fault for the Flyers failures as it was a really horrible defense that left him stranded a LOT.
    But... that doesn't matter.
    Sometimes it's easier to swap out your goalie than your entire defense.

I think PHI gives Steve Mason a real, long look next year.
    I know Briere is also a consideration to be amnestied... but the Flyers have a history of doing what is right for their "lockerroom" (Carter, Richards).

I think Bryz is more of a lockerroom disturbance than the underperforming Briere.

I think Bryz will be sent packing and I'm not sure there's another job out there for him.

Crawford & Reimer, for me.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Stewpaloop View Post
    Hey Gents - I have a predicament here. I have a keeper league where we keep six players in total. I'd like to keep two goalies of my three current. I have: Bryzgalof (PHI), Crawford (CHI), Reimer (TOR). Which two would be the best to keep? I'm so worried about Bryz next year i don't know if i can keep him. Can i count on Reimer to be the number one in TOR? Let me know what you guys think?
    HI Stew,

Can you post your roster for us to look at. In a keep 6 I'm not certain you need to keep two goalies depending on the rest of your team. Bryz is not a keeper in a keep 6. Crawford likely can't repeat his preformance and Reimer is not solidified as #1. Questions with all of them leads me to think there might be better keeper options on your team.
    Evgeni from the Bloc
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 10
    Daily Starts: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G

G,A,+/-,PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Malkin, Johansen, Couture
    LW: Schenn (C), Kreider, Skinner, Kane
    RW: [B]Kucherov, Seguin (C), Wheeler, REinhart (C), Ehlers (LW)
    D: Byfuglien, Provorov, Giordano, de Haan, Phaneuf
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Saros

2017 Picks: 1,2,3,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,11

Dobber Sports Pro

Welcome to the boards!

I have to agree with the previous poster that you rarely keep 2 goalies in a keep 6, even less Bryzgalov, Crawford or Reimer.

However, if that is what you want to do, I would go with Crawford and Reimer.

Crawford plays for the best team in the league (sorry Penguins fans) and even if he won't start more than 55 games in a full season, his peripherals will be great.

I don't have much faith in either Reimer nor Bryzgalov who I feel are average goalie but Reimer's situation is clearer than Bryz, at least for now. He's the clear #1 in Toronto and the defense, while not good, has got better. He also had a very decent year.

Bryzgalov, meanwhile, has been mediocre and his team's defense is average at best. They miss Pronger and Carle badly and Timonen is getting old. Plus, Mason should steal a lot of starts as he's shown good things in his brief stint so far.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Reimer and Crawford for me, as other said, Mason will get a big opportunity next year to be the men to go ...
    NHL Caphit(79.5M),pts only keeper league,16 Teams,Weekly H2H,Start 6F 4D 1G

F:Backstrom,Matthews,Giroux,Kessel,Barzal,Bailey,S tone,Labanc,Steel
    D:Klingberg,Krug,Vatanen,Letang,Girard,Liljegren
    G:Bobrovsky,Murray,Ullmark,Hart,Parsons

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I know Briere is also a consideration to be amnestied... but the Flyers have a history of doing what is right for their "lockerroom" (Carter, Richards).

I think Bryz is more of a lockerroom disturbance than the underperforming Briere.
    How's that working out for the Flyers as of late?

Honestly I think the Flyers were poised for a cup run until they started making many of these 'lockerroom' decisions...the Carter/Richards fiasco speaks for itself, those guys have Stanley Cup rings now and the Flyers are on the golf course instead of in the playoffs this year. Bryz has gotta be one of the most poorly managed assets in recent memory, they took a guy who could have been a franchise goalie for them and effectively ruined him. He'll never play for Philly again, even if they don't buy him out he'll be there in body but no longer in spirit. Its crazy because the Flyers are a franchise that did a fantastic job of rebuilding thru shrewd decisions and they've now effectively thrown a lot of that away

Dobber Sports Monster

I think before we take a step forward here its best to reset and hold for a minute and lets see your roster. Does keeping 2 goalies in a keep 6 makes the most sense for your team? Can you maybe keep another player and redraft a goalie that's just as good as the goalies you mention? Some questions here before giving final best answer. Give us your roster and setup etc, then we can help determine your best keepers, even if it still means Crawford and Reimer.

Default Roster

Hey guys,

Here's my roster:

Forwards:
    Patrick Kane
    Corey Perry
    Chris Kunitz
    Alexander Semin
    James Neal
    Jakob Voracek
    Scott Hartnell
    Wayne Simmonds

Defence:
    Alex Goligoski
    Nicholas Kronwall
    Fedor Tyutin
    James Wisniewski
    Andre Markov

Goalies:
    Crawford
    Bryzgalov
    Reimer

League rules:
    Keeper league - 12 team
    Keep six
    Play six forwards, 4 defence, 2 Goalies
    Point for a goal and assist
    Two points per goalie win and another two points for shutout

Hope that's enough info.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Stew
    Last edited by Stewpaloop; May 3, 2013 at 1:16 AM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey guys,

Here's my roster:

Forwards:
    Patrick Kane
    Corey Perry
    Chris Kunitz
    Alexander Semin
    James Neal
    Jakob Voracek

Goalies:
    Crawford

League rules:
    Keeper league - 12 team
    Keep six
    Point for a goal and assist
    Two points per goalie win and another two points for shutout
    Would keep those 6 forwards, maybe choose Crawford over Kunitz if you have to keep a goalie.

Pretty sure you could redraft Reimer or Bryzgalov next year.

And focus on drafting scoring D next year.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey guys,

Forwards:
    Patrick Kane
    Corey Perry
    Alexander Semin
    James Neal

Chris Kunitz or
    Jakob Voracek

Goalies:
    Crawford

A lot of leagues like that have it so only the top scoring skaters/goalies count toward your stats at the end of the year. is that what you meant by the play 6/4/2 or just every night 6/4/2.

If every other team keeps 6 skaters,6*12=72, maybe every team keeps one goalie, so let's use the 66th skater, seguin, 16 g 16 a 32 points 48 games. (same as simmonds). Vs crawfords 19 wins 3 SO=44 points.

with you only starting 6 forwards vs 4 d I would suggest trading the likes of kuntiz/ perry for a suter/letang/karlsson.
    Also the only keeper goalies that should be considered acquiring in a trade are full time starters on winning teams, neimi, lundy, quick, price etc. If emery moves in the offseason crawford should see more starts.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I agree with cdubb.
    I'd keep 6 forwards here.

Hey Guys - Thanks a lot for the input.

To clarify it's a 12 man league.

Rosters locked in weekly: Two forwards on the bench, 1 D-man on the bench, 1 Goalie on the bench. Points are collected weekly. Worst players points are not dropped.

Thanks,

Stew

Dobber Sports Prodigy

roster locks weekly? **** goalies. Only draft full time starters so you know to play them.
    trade crawford+ one of the fringe forwards for a starter goalie like quick or price.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin1390 View Post

If every other team keeps 6 skaters,6*12=72, maybe every team keeps one goalie, so let's use the 66th skater, seguin, 16 g 16 a 32 points 48 games. (same as simmonds). Vs crawfords 19 wins 3 SO=44 points.
    But be careful with this kind of math; points are not points in this situation. The question is how many more points would Crawford get you than a goalie you could draft, versus how many more points would your worst forward keeper get than one you could draft.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah you have 6 forwards that I would not want to drop over the others..

Also, I feel like your waiver could help you out more then keeping some of the leftover positions!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot