Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Streit - cap hit?! (help)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    you watch more Montreal games than I do, so I will take your word for it. I do recall Montreal using him as a forward occasionally, but I didn't think they used him that way exclusively.

I do recall first noticing Streit at the 2006 Olympics for Switzerland when he was one of the best defensemen in the tournament and I recall watching him playing in the 2006-07 season for Montreal because I wanted to see if he was "for real" and that the Olympics weren't just an anomaly.

I recall him playing a lot with Markov in Montreal for those two seasons, but perhaps that was mostly just on the PP and my memory is failing me now.
    He was not exclusively a forward but he was far from being a full-time dman which is part of the reason why he left. He was even on the top line wing for a few games when the coach was trying every possible combination. He averaged 17:31 per game during his last year in Montreal. Once in New York his ice time jumped to over 25 minutes.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

good context guys. Thanks for the elaboration on Streit's past/present/future roles. Luvin' it
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Banned

nyi didn't have anyone really stand out on defence this year - more of a committe approach... but if you take special teams out of the equation, streit ranked fourth on the team in TOI - though the top four were all similar. regardless, whichever team goes after him this summer, it will be for a guy who can have a positive impact on their powerplay without killing them 5 on 5. He very well could be on a top-line on a team without any true top line defenders (like the islanders) but he is better suited with offensive minutes and up against easier competition. I know +/- needs context, but streit was easily the worst on the team at -14 (and lubo was +12)...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    nyi didn't have anyone really stand out on defence this year - more of a committe approach... but if you take special teams out of the equation, streit ranked fourth on the team in TOI - though the top four were all similar. regardless, whichever team goes after him this summer, it will be for a guy who can have a positive impact on their powerplay without killing them 5 on 5. He very well could be on a top-line on a team without any true top line defenders (like the islanders) but he is better suited with offensive minutes and up against easier competition. I know +/- needs context, but streit was easily the worst on the team at -14 (and lubo was +12)...
    I can totally agree with that...although I do think he could be a top pairing dman on a lot of teams, I have no doubt he'd be better used in the role you are suggesting.

Not to mention his is winding down his career, so it would make a lot of sense for a team to shelter him from the hard minutes so that his body doesn't breakdown and he can actually play out the term of what will probably be a 3-year contract
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98