Thread: Thanks for helping this Rook win it all!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Thanks for helping this Rook win it all!

I just wanted to get on here and thank everyone that helped me with starts, sits, trades and waiver pick ups.

I have stated quite often that it was my first year playing and I didnt even know much about hockey.

Yes it may have been an 8 team league and probably not filled with the brightest bunch. Specially when I tell you I went a perfect 10-0 and just dominated the whole season. Then I reached the playoffs where my team exploded and manhandled every team.

Just a few moves made due to the help of this thread;

I drafted Voracek round 12 of 28. Probably a little high for an 8 team league. Was able to trade him and Marleau (a game before he went cold) for Buff, Edler and Lucic. Now this doesnt sound great until I throw in the team I traded dropped Voracek which allowed me to swoop him back up and keep him on my team during his breakout.

Weber was dropped during his ice cold stretch. I wanted nothing to do with him and didnt understand why everyone talked so high about him. I was finally talked into picking him up and never looked back on that move. I would have never done it on my own.

I was able to drop dead weights like RNH and unfortunately Selanne before they did more damage then good to my team.

Probably my best trade(s) made was trading away JVR and Gologoski for Subban and Kessel. I was able to find a frustrated owner down on his luck and give him immediate hep. Only for him to watch each player he gave up on rack up the points.

I would say my only mistake that affected my season was my trade of Kopitar, Burrows, Broduer for Malkin and Halak. Unfortunately I lost both of them to injuries for most of if not all the end run.

You could definitely call my season beginners luck. Although that wasnt the case. I had a forum filled with very knowledgeable guys that helped guide me.

I cant thank you all enough for the full year of bragging rights you helped me with. To allow a rookie fantasy hockey player come in, go undefeated and dominate every category besides +/- , SHP and HITS has to sting. I'll make sure they never forget it either.
    10 Team H2H
    Positions
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G, 5BENCH, 2IR

Skating G, A, +/-, PTS, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, FOW, HAT, HIT, BLK, DEF, PPP, SHP

Goaltending W, L, GA, SV, SO

C - Giroux, Bergeron, Pavelski, Spezza, E. Staal
    LW - Sharp, Benn, Foligno, Perron, C. Wilson
    RW - Voracek, Carter, Gaborik, Franzen
    D - Hedman, Shatenkrik, Boychuck, Faulk
    G - Rinne, Lehtonen, Hiller
    IR - Kane, Jenner

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Congrats! Awesome defense - that's where you won the pool!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Congrats man, awesome that you won in your very first year.

Dobber Sports Pro

Well done.
    You've built a beautiful team.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Monster

Fantastic work!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Great job! Congrats and welcome to the community.