Thread: Adventures in Philly Goalie Land

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Adventures in Philly Goalie Land

Who has an idea of what's happening here?

Mason is playing VERY good since being traded. Bryzgalov is proving yet again that maybe he's just a product of the defensive system in Phoenix.

Bryz makes $5.5m next year. Mason makes $1.5 next year.

DO they roll with Mason? Do they bring someone else in?

I need to cut my roster by June 15.

Currently, I'm riding (not listed) with Howard, Quick and Markstrom. A very strong goalie lineup.

If Mason is the grand starter,and Bryz leaves, then Mason over Markstrom is worth at least a conversation.

Opinions?
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would not put Steve Mason over Markstrom with your club, even if Bryz is amnesty-ed (sent packing).

PHI will ditch either the Bryz or Briere contract.
    I've heard both - though I feel it will be Bryz since he has the longer term and probably contributes less than Briere as a locker-room-chemistry goes. PHI needs a fresh face in net so the team feels new.

I think PHI goes with S.Mason and sees if they can bring in a serviceable veteran back-up.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah Bryz has to be gone. All signs point to him being bought out before Briere, but both are strong candidates.

I see Philly making a play for someone like Bernier, Luongo, Halak, etc. They're in win now mode and need to see some results soon or heads will roll.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Giant

brizzy will get bought out and theyll look to free agency this summer. imo.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Initiate

The Flyers broadcast team made a pretty big deal during the Sens game about this "possibly being Breire's last game as a Flyer," while saying nothing to that effect about Bryz, so take that for what it's worth.

Personally I think they buy out Briere, hold onto Bryz for one more year (seem to remember reading that teams could amnesty players next year too), and see how that shakes out. Let's see what Bryz does when he isn't playing every game, as well as what Mason does over a larger sample size. The last thing I want the Flyers to do is just give the job to Mason based on six strong games. After all this is the same guy that couldn't handle the pressure of being the guy in Columbus, but now we're assuming he'll be able to handle the starting job in arguably the toughest market for goalies in the league?

As far as your goalies go, I'd definitely keep Markstrom over Mason.

Dobber Sports Stud

With Steve Mason Playing so well, I think the probability of a Bryz buyout is increased, but I still think it's unlikely - because Mason's only played well for one month, and I get the sense that he'll play better with competition.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    Yeah Bryz has to be gone. All signs point to him being bought out before Briere, but both are strong candidates.

I see Philly making a play for someone like Bernier, Luongo, Halak, etc. They're in win now mode and need to see some results soon or heads will roll.
    I do not see Loungo as an option. If they buy out Bryz, the contract goes on for ever Yashin style. I do not see them getting right back into another bad contract. I do see the Bernier or Halak option pending price or perhaps Miller from Buffalo. But I suspect they will stay the course with Mason/ Bryz combo for one more year and see how things go from there
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk

Dobber Sports Stud

Some awesome pictures posts. Thanks all!
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Genius

Fist off, keep Markstrom. You have your two solid starters already and Florida is bound to have a solid team soon enough with JM being the go to goalie.

As far as Bryz goes, I would be surprised if he isn't playing for the Flyers next season. The defence as a whole was in a shambles and with that in mind I think Bryz played better than the stats would reveal. Really he was often one of the best players Philly had on the ice and with Mason around to take more starts next season I believe we'll see him playing fresher and better.

If he bombs NEXT season an amnesty buyout will become a serious option since the 2014 offseason will be the last chance to use one, but not this year.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post

I strongly agree with Philly acquiring any of those three goalies you've mentioned. Well, really, besides Luongo. one of Bryz's big problems is his contract. I promise you they don't want that contract. Bernier seems A LOT more likely to me. Possibly Nabokov. Halak/Elliot? I believe they will still give Mason some time. He looked great at the end of the season.

My personal opinion, they should either involve Bryz in a trade with LA for Bernier and maybe a draft pick or another much needed defenseman. Either that, or buyout Bryz (I really don't know the situation well) and then trade for Bernier. He's a strong developing goaltender. Philly could use that.
    Message me about your keeper leagues if you need another player. I'd love to be in a keeper league next season.

Dobber Sports Expert

With that insane contract Bryzgalov is absolutely untradeable, so the only way to part ways with him is to buy him out.

Bryzgalov could then sign a very cheap contract with another team and i wouldn´t be surprised if he then shows that he is a lot better than he was this season.

Administrator

I'm not sure what Bryzgalov's family situation is like but if he's bought out I could see him escape the drama and go to the KHL.

Regarding Mason: he's on my wait-and-see list. In the right situation I acquire him (ie if he's on the wire) but no way I pick him over Markstrom. Mason *could* be the guy but I certainly wouldn't bet money on it happening.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Flyers will buy out Bryz, keep S.Mason, and sign Tim Thomas. Bank on it!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    The Flyers will buy out Bryz, keep S.Mason, and sign Tim Thomas. Bank on it!!
    I can see this happening although Thomas may favor the west to be closer to his home and doomsday bunker.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust