Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1st overall for Markstrom

Dobber Sports Initiate

The deal came down this morning. So, without further ado, the deal was...

Markstrom and a 2013 4th for Ryan Murray, the 6th overall this year and a 2014 1st rounder.

This is similar (albeit without the extra 1st) to what some of you guys suggested I offer, a prospect and the 7th overall. Had the other GM been open to something like this I would have thought pretty hard about it. Ultimately he was only interested in the 1st overall in our negotiations, though.

This is a steep price for Markstrom, and I'm happy I didn't pay that much for him. What do you guys think? Was I right to bow out when the price went to two 1st rounders or should I have bit the bullet and gone for it?
    16 team, full keeper
    19 roster players, 15 prospects, 2 farm
    Stats: G, A, PPG, SHG, special teams assists, SOG, FOW, PIM, hits, BS, Tk, +/-, W, SO, saves, s%, GAA, SO saves

C: Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, H. Sedin, J. Staal, Hodgson
    W: Perreault, Atkinson, Dorsett, Jagr, Burrows, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Condra
    D: Karlsson, Keith, OEL, Hamonic, Gudas, Hejda
    G: Price, Rinne

Prospects: Lindholm, Cassels, Perlini, Vesey, Sheahan, Teravainen, Jensen, Ceci, Koekkoek, Emelin, Kulikov, Rundblad, Grubauer, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That seems like a very high price, basically 3 first round picks for markstrom. I would hope that a better goalie could be had with that package, or someone who at least plays on a better team. Making me think about taking Markstrom 2nd overall and trading him!
    Don't know if I'd be able to get that much though

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bizzl View Post
    The deal came down this morning. So, without further ado, the deal was...

Markstrom and a 2013 4th for Ryan Murray, the 6th overall this year and a 2014 1st rounder.

This is similar (albeit without the extra 1st) to what some of you guys suggested I offer, a prospect and the 7th overall. Had the other GM been open to something like this I would have thought pretty hard about it. Ultimately he was only interested in the 1st overall in our negotiations, though.

This is a steep price for Markstrom, and I'm happy I didn't pay that much for him. What do you guys think? Was I right to bow out when the price went to two 1st rounders or should I have bit the bullet and gone for it?
    I'm really high on Jacob Markstrom, but I think you did the right thing in bowing out here. That's a lot of cake for a guy that still has to prove that he/his team can consistently help your fantasy squad.

There's bound to be another talented young'ish goalie who you can acquire for a much more reasonable price.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith