View Poll Results: Who would you keep? Dubinksy or Gallagher? [Stats: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,FW]

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brandon Dubinsky (C/LW - CBJ)

9 42.86%
  • Brendan Gallagher (RW - MTL)

12 57.14%

Thread: Keeper Decision: B.Dubinsky vs. B.Gallagher

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keeper Decision: B.Dubinsky vs. B.Gallagher

Stats:
    Goals
    Assists
    +/-
    PIM
    PPP
    SOG
    HIT
    FW

Positions are irrelevant in this decision due to my roster and Duby's LW/C status.

So straight up, moving forward in the short and long-ish term (3-5 years), who would you choose?

Brandon Dubinsky, Center, CBJ (Listed as C,LW on Yahoo)
    - Brings FW (Don't know if he'll have LW elig. next year, but that would be a big bonus)
    - Brings HIT
    - Brings some PIM (can win a week if he gets 10+ in one game
    - Didn't score a lot this year (2 goals) but ended with 20 points in 29 games on CBJ. Now has Gaborik as a possibly linemate. Seems to play over 20 minutes a night consistently too

Brendan Gallagher, RW, MTL
    - Is still only 20 years old, in his rookie year this year put up good stats...
    15 goals, 28 poins in 44 games; +10 rating, 44 hits, 117 SOG
    - So he brings SOG for sure
    - Points and goals were good for a 1st year player that started on the 3rd line and moved up to the 2nd line

Bottom line is, both would re-enter the draft. Question I guess is, on draft day, who would be more desirable? Or, who would get drafted higher?

I'm leaning towards Dubinsky based on his HIT, PIM and possibly FW from the wing position.
    But Gally is just a rookie, and in a couple years when Gionta is gone, he should be the #1 RW'er in MTL one would think...

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the votes so far everyone...

Wondering they "why" of 4 vs 1 for Gallagher versus Dubinsky so far...

I know he's young with a lot of upside in a keeper, but Duby is only 27 years old and fills up the HIT and PIM stats more than Gally.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Genius

I went with the young blood since I think what we see from Dubinsky is the best there will be. He will rack up hits and PIMs but I doubt Gallagher will be a slouch in those categories, but he'll carry a lot more value going forward in every other category with his better puck skills.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Ace

Another vote for Gallagher. What you see is what you get with Dubinsky, and playing for Columbus doesn't exactly help his case. I've seen seen Gallagher play a few times when he was in the WHL, and he's an exciting player. Very hard worker, and skilled, which more than makes up for his small size. I like his upside to exceed any benefit from hits and face off wins you'd get from Dubinsky.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the info guys.

I know Gally put up 40+ goals in the WHL his last 3 seasons there, so he can score goals, that's for sure.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Ninja

If it were me I'd be trying to ship Gallagher out and improve on a keeper while hanging on to Dubinsky.

Of course the alternative perspective is that Dubinsky could be easier to re draft.

So pick your poison lol. I think both of these guys could be phenomenal in this kind of league setup.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    If it were me I'd be trying to ship Gallagher out and improve on a keeper while hanging on to Dubinsky.

Of course the alternative perspective is that Dubinsky could be easier to re draft.

So pick your poison lol. I think both of these guys could be phenomenal in this kind of league setup.

Unfortunately, no more trading. And the decision has to be made ASAP.
    Kind of sucks on both fronts.

Yeah, what it comes down to is who would be taken earlier in the draft next year.
    I'm thinking Gallagher based on his age, and especially since he should start the season on the same line he's on now, with Desh and Pac.
    I think he started this year on the 3rd line with Galchenyuk and Prust. Started well, but definitely more offense with Desh and Pac, can't deny that.

Would 50-55 points next season be a safe bet? Somewhere in the neighbourhood of 27g, 23a over 80-82 games?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Dubinsky.

I just don't like having second year players on my team, although i like Gallegher a lot.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dubinsky for me and I will be trying to draft him next year.

I like Gallagher as well but I think he's 2-3 years away from consistently posting 60+
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

Dobber Sports Prodigy

chalking up a vote for Dubey, hits and FoW secure that for me. He also was the teams MVP down the stretch when the games really mattered.
    10 team Cumulative Points Only - Keep 4
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PPP (1), PIM (0.25/min), S (0.4), H (0.2), Bs (0.2), FoW (0.1), W (4), Sv (0.2), SO (4), GA (-1)
    update inc.