Thread: The Playoff Draft List - Any Issues - Plus "About My Picks"

I...am your father.

Default The Playoff Draft List - Any Issues - Plus "About My Picks"

Some pointers for using my draft list:

1. Macros need to be enabled
    2. However, macros aren't necessary. All the macro does is sort. You can sort manually pretty easily.
    3. See my "Instructions" tab for other tips, including how to sort
    4. Re-download the draft list if you see a mistake - chances are, it was found and corrected pretty quickly. I know I had a Montreal mistake in there for about an hour last night, so if you downloaded during that hour, the mistake is still there. Re-download the product and all will be well.

Here is one critique that I have for this is my own picklist:
    "Dobber - how can you have Chicago and LA in the semi-final? Isn't that impossible?"

My strategy for setting up my list has nothing to do with the tree. I hate the tree. Many poolies seem to need it and want it so it's there. But the reality is - unless you go 8-0 with your picks in the first round, your tree is completely screwed up in the second round. So when was the last time you were 8-0? I'll tell you when my last time was - never. I've never done it. I went 7-1 once, I think it was last year or the year before. But never 8-0.

So I understand the odds of getting the tree right - and I don't like those odds. So what I want to do is build my list around the strongest playoff teams, and I set up the list accordingly.

Again - this is for my own personal list, you are free to set up your list how you like (that's why it's "Interactive"). But I put LA, CHI, PIT and WAS in my Final 4. Plus, I gave STL 7 "bonus" games because I wanted those players weighted.

Now my list is set up how I want, and after the first few rounds, I'll know which teams I'm strong in - and I will then start selecting only from those teams, using this list. Maybe the focus is on Chicago. Maybe it's on Los Angeles. But I won't know that until the fourth or fifth round. And my personal list is set up to handle that.

I hope this clears that up.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

The list comes preset to be seperated by team. In Office 08 I do not have the option to do set by total points. I try to use the Rank by points, but when I select ascending or descending I get an impartial wrong list as some of the players get "#N/A" as their total games played and total points generated. If it helps I cannot press any of the buttons to seperate by points team etc because it is non responsive.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co