Poll: Montreal (2) vs Ottawa (7)

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: Montreal (2) vs Ottawa (7)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    While I do agree the 2012 Panthers were a worse division champion than the 2013 Habs; I can understand completely where eyemissgilmour is coming from.

The final two weeks of the Northeast battle was pathetic with the Bruins and Canadiens consistently trying to pass each other the division crown. I assume this was because they would both rather face the Leafs in the first round and were trying to compete for that #4 spot though.
    Well, both teams were slumping, that's all. The Habs still did manage 63 points, 4th best out of 6 division winners. Are they worst division winners than Washington and Vancouver?

I agree that the Habs are not going to overwhelm anybody but the fact that they've stayed within the top 5 of the league in points almost all year kind of proves they're far from being bad.

Anyway, it's going to be a great series that can definitely go either way.

Dobber Sports Legend

This is going to be my favorite series in the playoffs - the two teams I'm pulling for in the East going H2H in the 1st round. I picked Sens in 7 but it's a toss up.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

habs in 5 for me
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Banned

the more I think about it, I'd say the Habs only have the edge in 2 areas in this series: forward and PP (and they might not since Ottawa was without Karlsson for 2 months). Both teams have speed, both should have good goaltending, both have solid rookies, but Ottawa has the edge in size and physicality, especially on D. Cowen and Methot will make life hard for some of the small forwards the Habs have. The loss of Emelin will turn out to be huge in this series. If Ottawa can wear down the Habs, reduce their speed, they should win this one. The Habs D just might be too soft, which will allow the offensively challenged Sens to score more goals. Also, they shouldn't have lost to the Habs in regulation at all this year, only reason they did was because of the ridiculous call on Silfverberg.

But whoever has the puck more will win. Possession is key. The Habs have the edge at forward, but they are facing this year's best goalie. Very tight series coming up.

Can't wait.

Dobber Sports Legend

Wait, these teams are playing B2B tonight and tomorrow?? Wow.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Banned

Can't wait for some playoff hockey!

This is one of those series where the teams are much more evenly matched than their records suggest and I think anyone calling for dominance from either side is a fool. I think it will be hard fought and with great goaltending from both sides.

As a Habs fan I'm going Habs in 6 but this is a tough one to call

Also, I'm sorta disappointed that we meet the Sens in the 1st round, I like the Sens as a team and would much rather be cheering for them to take out Boston or Toronto or the Rangers

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    the more I think about it, I'd say the Habs only have the edge in 2 areas in this series: forward and PP (and they might not since Ottawa was without Karlsson for 2 months). Both teams have speed, both should have good goaltending, both have solid rookies, but Ottawa has the edge in size and physicality, especially on D. Cowen and Methot will make life hard for some of the small forwards the Habs have. The loss of Emelin will turn out to be huge in this series. If Ottawa can wear down the Habs, reduce their speed, they should win this one. The Habs D just might be too soft, which will allow the offensively challenged Sens to score more goals. Also, they shouldn't have lost to the Habs in regulation at all this year, only reason they did was because of the ridiculous call on Silfverberg.

But whoever has the puck more will win. Possession is key. The Habs have the edge at forward, but they are facing this year's best goalie. Very tight series coming up.

Can't wait.
    Even as a Habs fan, I agree with a lot of what you said.

Habs have edge up front and on the PP. Their PK has been awful this past month and as everyone knows, Price struggled big time in the last couple of weeks.

The loss of Emelin is huge but the Habs have played much better when Tinordi was inserted back into the lineup two games ago. He's bigger than Emelin and plays a physical game. With him and Subban who can also be physical, I'm not really scared the Habs will be intimidated by the big Sens forwards. In fact, the only pairing I'd be afraid of that happening to would be Markov-Diaz. Otherwise, Bouillon, Gorges, Subban and Tinordi should be just fine.

I'm also a little skeptic about Anderson. The guy had a fabulous start to the season, no doubt about that but since coming back from injury, he's only been decent. He went 4-5-0 with a .917 save percentage. It's hardly anything great. Of course, he would've won more games if the Sens managed to score more than 14 goals in those games but it still shows that he's human.

Anyway, I'm kind of tired of all the analysis. I can't wait for the games to start.

I've always liked the Sens so even if they do eliminate the Habs, I'll cheer for them the rest of the way.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Even as a Habs fan, I agree with a lot of what you said.

Habs have edge up front and on the PP. Their PK has been awful this past month and as everyone knows, Price struggled big time in the last couple of weeks.

The loss of Emelin is huge but the Habs have played much better when Tinordi was inserted back into the lineup two games ago. He's bigger than Emelin and plays a physical game. With him and Subban who can also be physical, I'm not really scared the Habs will be intimidated by the big Sens forwards. In fact, the only pairing I'd be afraid of that happening to would be Markov-Diaz. Otherwise, Bouillon, Gorges, Subban and Tinordi should be just fine.

I'm also a little skeptic about Anderson. The guy had a fabulous start to the season, no doubt about that but since coming back from injury, he's only been decent. He went 4-5-0 with a .917 save percentage. It's hardly anything great. Of course, he would've won more games if the Sens managed to score more than 14 goals in those games but it still shows that he's human.

Anyway, I'm kind of tired of all the analysis. I can't wait for the games to start.

I've always liked the Sens so even if they do eliminate the Habs, I'll cheer for them the rest of the way.
    Markov will be paired with Subban and Diaz with Gorges...

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Markov will be paired with Subban and Diaz with Gorges...
    Yes, I know. I just meant that if that was a pairing, it'd be the only one who would be truly dominated physically.

That was not clear in my previous post, my bad.

Banned

Good analysis niconasr. I will never hate Habs fans because you're all pretty legit.

Sens lines for tonight (to start):

Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson
    Latendresse-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
    Greening-Smith-Neil
    Conacher-Pageau-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
    Philips-Goncha
    Cowen-Gryba (two huge guys who love to hit - watch out Galchenyuk and Gallagher)

Anderson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Good analysis niconasr. I will never hate Habs fans because you're all pretty legit.

Sens lines for tonight (to start):

Michalek-Turris-Alfredsson
    Latendresse-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
    Greening-Smith-Neil
    Conacher-Pageau-Condra

Methot-Karlsson
    Philips-Goncha
    Cowen-Gryba (two huge guys who love to hit - watch out Galchenyuk and Gallagher)

Anderson
    Cowen and Gryba could have 10 hits each on Gallagher, they would not be able to take that smile out of his face!

I would be very surprise to see a single being decided by more than two goals... unless Price olays like he did for the last 5-6 games... Which he won't

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Also, I'm sorta disappointed that we meet the Sens in the 1st round, I like the Sens as a team and would much rather be cheering for them to take out Boston or Toronto or the Rangers
    This is exactly how I feel, as these are the two teams I'm rooting for in the East.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Stud

I like the Sens. Spezza and Karlsson are my two favorite players to follow on my fantasy team.

But we're still going to **** you up!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by habs83 View Post
    Cowen and Gryba could have 10 hits each on Gallagher, they would not be able to take that smile out of his face!

I would be very surprise to see a single being decided by more than two goals... unless Price olays like he did for the last 5-6 games... Which he won't
    What if he gets elbowed and breaks his jaw? Is he smiling then?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

look at all the love going around in this thread. cant wait to see how this changes after game 1 (heck even after the first period lol)