Poll: Montreal (2) vs Ottawa (7)

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: Montreal (2) vs Ottawa (7)

Banned

I just think his leadership was extremely poor in this series and that his team won't follow his lead next year. He won't be canned, I just think he should. He might have a short shelf life next year IMO.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I just think his leadership was extremely poor in this series and that his team won't follow his lead next year. He won't be canned, I just think he should. He might have a short shelf life next year IMO.
    Every player praised his system all year long... in this series, he did pretty much what every coach do in the playoffs, take away the pressure and the spotlight from his players.

Dobber Sports Veteran

There's no denying that Therrien lost composure in the series, you can't do that as a coach....he looked desperate.....not confident...not a leader...

But I still think his job is ok.....but not with another playoff like that
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner

Dobber Sports Veteran

Elgin street is absolute bananas right now. Too bad the Sens blow =)
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Legend

Good series for the Sens. If they can ride Anderson until Spezza returns they can make a nice run.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Sens are sooooo lucky to be playing the Habs. About the only team of the 16 in the postseason that they even have a chance against. So fun to watch these two teams duke it out though. Two exciting, emotional, error-filled teams giving us a show!
    well, I don't agree with everything you say, and I am not predicting any kind of run, .....But I will be watching closely....the other teams would do well to not underestimate this team.

The Sens have been counted out, since game 5 of the regular season for a ton of reasons...and have persevered through everything this season....
    Last edited by fulcrum; May 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM.
    REDRUM

LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson

Banned

That was a terrible comment by doulos. Wow. Shows his knowledge for sure.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    That was a terrible comment by doulos. Wow. Shows his knowledge for sure.
    This is just me fanning the flames, but I think the Leafs would have taken out the Sens (and the Habs)

Banned

trololol:

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    This is just me fanning the flames, but I think the Leafs would have taken out the Sens (and the Habs)
    Would be nice to find out wouldn't it.....
    REDRUM

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post
    well, I don't agree with everything you say, and I am not predicting any kind of run, .....But I will be watching closely....the other teams would do well to not underestimate this team.

The Sens have been counted out, since game 5 of the regular season for a ton of reasons...and have persevered through everything this season....
    I agree. The Senators are a solid team even without Spezza. They have the best defenseman in the world on their team and they have a very good goalie. They also have very good depth in most positions on their team. The Sens might not be my cup favorite but they can definitely make some noise in the playoffs.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by fulcrum View Post

The Senators could surprise again I suppose. However I am of the opinion that a sweep could easily happen with them next round. Montreal limped into the postseason, lost a third of their team to injuries, and at many points still outplayed the Senators.

I can't imagine what a team like Pittsburgh is going to do to them. I truly think it will be ugly for the kids.

However, it IS the playoffs, and in short series of games statistics says that random chance will bring about odd winners. So there is always a chance for them - particularly with the best blueliner in the game on the team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The Senators could surprise again I suppose. However I am of the opinion that a sweep could easily happen with them next round. Montreal limped into the postseason, lost a third of their team to injuries, and at many points still outplayed the Senators.

I can't imagine what a team like Pittsburgh is going to do to them. I truly think it will be ugly for the kids.

However, it IS the playoffs, and in short series of games statistics says that random chance will bring about odd winners. So there is always a chance for them - particularly with the best blueliner in the game on the team.
    Ottawa home games in that series would be delayed at least 15 minutes because of the CSI team in the Pens locker...

Banned

Congrats to the Sens who played a great series and were definitely the better team this time around. I look forward to you guys beating the snot out of whoeveryou face in round 2

Not to take anything away from the Sens wins but I still feel the Habs could have made this a much more even series were it not for:

1)Terrible coaching - The only thing Therrien was good at this series was whining like a little baby. It's one thing to shift the focus onto you to help settle your team down but it's another entirely to behave like a little bitch the whole time. If he spent half as much time managing his lines as he did whining we woulda won another game or two. He did absolutely nothing to shake things up despite what was going on on the ice, did no real line matching and was unaable to adjust between periods. Desharnais was stone cold and Max Pac was often not 100%, but despite this he just keeps giving them the same ice time over and over and over again. For example, Desharnais - 17:13/gm - 1 pt, 3 SOG while Gallagher - 14:26/gm 2 pt, 22 SOG...you gotta go with the guys who are producing, mixing it up elevates everyone's game.
    2)No luck - it sounds bizarre to say but you need some luck to win in the playoffs and the Habs got none, bad bounces galore, goalposts, horrible calls at inopportune times. Momentum is huge in the playoffs and I feel like if we 'd just caught a break at some point when we needed it things would have gone differently
    3)Carey Price - I don't think he was ever 100% going into the series, I think he has had something nagging him for the last month and tweaked it badly enough in game 4 that the team decided to pull him for the rest of the playoffs to avoid further injury. The damage here is twofold, firstly he wasn't as quick or as mobile as he needed to be and he let in some soft goals. Second, I think the fact that he was scratched after game 4 had a huge impact on the team, the message from management that they were mailing it in early and it showed on the ice. The Habs came out with onelast hoorah in the 1st but then the wind just went out of their sails. I remember it being 3-1 in the 3rd with lots of time to go and they just completely deflated, there was no jump in their step, no sense of urgency, everyone was coasting, it was painful to watch and that's why the Sens scored 3 goals in the 3rd

Dobber Sports Padawan

Separated shoulder for Pacioretty... happened in game 1.

One journalist said that it was a knee injury for Price.