Poll: Who wins this series?

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: Boston (4) vs Toronto (5)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    not in game 1 and 3.

game 1 was whole team effort loss.
    game 3 was winnable but he was shakey.
    oh I see ok cool! thank you guys for educating me in the proper Leaf-speak, I feel I am well versed enough now to hold my own. I'll commit myself to the cause in game 6, thank you so much!

Dobber Sports Sage

I just can't do it anymore!! Its such a shame because there finally descent but I can't! I can no longer be a Leaf fan!! I don't smoke crack so I have to find another team to enjoy watching! Because it is becoming pretty obvious to me that 95 percent of my fellow Leaf fans smoke crack! To suggest that the leafs have dominated this series is freaking insane. They have outplayed Boston in 1 game and that was game 2. Every other game Boston has outplayed them. Last night the Leafs won the first Boston was better in the second, despite of the score and completely man handled them in the 3rd. Game 4 the O.T game, I was there and Boston was the better team. The other 2 games are not even worth mentioning as they were not close.

Go Leafs Go!

Please don't take offense anyone just fing around
    Last edited by bigbabybuda; May 11, 2013 at 7:41 PM.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    yup. one more game at the ACC for that sweet HRR. Just what the NHL ordered.
    The leafs going to the cup finals is just what the league ordered for that sweet sweet HRR

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I just can't do it anymore!! Its such a shame because there finally descent but I can't! I can no longer be a Leaf fan!! I don't smoke crack so I have to find another team to enjoy watching! Because it is becoming pretty obvious to me that 95 percent of my fellow Leaf fans smoke crack! To suggest that the leafs have dominated this series is freaking insane. They have outplayed Boston in 1 game and that was game 2. Every other game Boston has outplayed them. Last night the Leafs one the first Boston was better in the second, despite of the score and completely man Handled them in the 3rd. Game 4 the O.T game, I was there and Boston was the better team. The other 2 games are not even worth mentioning as they were not close.

Go Leafs Go!

Wow, I don't agree.

Last night the Leafs played really good. Boston picked up their play with about 12 min left in the 3rd. They completely took over the game at that point.

Dobber Sports Pro

Wait. Toronto made the playoffs....?!?! Holy shit!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Wow, I don't agree.

Last night the Leafs played really good. Boston picked up their play with about 12 min left in the 3rd. They completely took over the game at that point.
    While Mr.Guru it is completely within your right to do so! Because as with 95percent of Leaf fans smoking crack 95 percent of the time I'm just talking shit and don't know anything more then anyone

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffhabs20 View Post
    Sorry but u're WRONG.
    I'm Most definitely not wrong but everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

grammar Nazi
    Noun

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm Most definitely not wrong but everyone is entitled to there own opinion.
    It should be 3-2 Toronto because the Bos win in ot, Tor played better.

Banned

I just can't do it anymore!! Its such a shame because there finally descent but I can't! I can no longer be a Leaf fan!! I don't smoke crack so I have to find another team to enjoy watching! Because it is becoming pretty obvious to me that 95 percent of my fellow Leaf fans smoke crack! To suggest that the leafs have dominated this series is freaking insane. They have outplayed Boston in 1 game and that was game 2. Every other game Boston has outplayed them. Last night the Leafs won the first Boston was better in the second, despite of the score and completely man handled them in the 3rd. Game 4 the O.T game, I was there and Boston was the better team. The other 2 games are not even worth mentioning as they were not close.

Go Leafs Go!

That's because you are able to think and reason objectively even when it involves the team you root for. many of the jokers on these boards have become borderline insane after decades of listening to their own bullshit to the point where now they ACTUALLY believe it! It truly is refreshing to find a fan able to analyze the series objectively so kudos to you

Down Goes Brown did a really funny piece on this awhile ago, entitled the '10 types of Leaf fans'...here is YOU:

The Realist
    This guy is a true blue fan. But unlike the unfair various stereotypes of the passionate fan, he's still able to view the world objectively. His longterm outlook isn't clouded by short-term emotional swings, but rather by a steeley-eyed realism based on a rational analysis of the Toronto Maple Leafs' current performance and chances for future success.

and this is the 95% that you speak of, jokers like eyesofgilmour, sd1976 with only the faintest grip on reality:

The Delusional Idiot
    This fan sincerely believes that the Leafs will win the Stanley Cup every year. No matter how bad things are, how thin the roster, how glaringly obvious the holes are to anyone who can breathe through their nose -- this guy is utterly convinced that ultimate glory is right around the corner. He thinks that nobody associated with the Leafs can do any wrong, and will never criticize the team. When the team wins two games in a row, this pathetic loser runs around shouting "Plan the parade!"

The Great One

Which one am I?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Which one am I?
    haha neither buddy, you definitely never struck me as delusional...

here, take a quick read and see what you think suits you best...DGB is always a good laugh

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2009/11...leaf-fans.html
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; May 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM.

The Great One

I used to read DGB often but stopped laughing/enjoying the majority of his post until I eventually stopped reading his blog. I hate it when I miss good articles and tweets though!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    ah, mcgoo. In fine form, I see.

This is the same fellow who said the Habs were the better team against Pittsburgh and Washington in the 2010 playoffs even though everyone else with functional eyes realized that Halak was the only reason they won those series. They were badly outplayed, and one player stole games for them. But in mcgoo's eyes (fittingly), the Habs were deserving.
    Hilarious. But we've come to expect nothing less from him. He's the village idiot around here, hurling insults around while other guys try having intelligent discussions. Most guys tolerate him only because they enjoy laughing at him.

Like I said earlier, the Leafs haven't dominated them, but I saw 8 periods for Boston and 8 for Toronto. Leafs could easily be winning the series.
    ahhh gilmour, always jumping in with a word or two of utter and unsolicited nonsense...wtf does 2010 have to do with this series exactly? OH that's right, not a damn thing...as usual you're not able to present a cohesive argument for anything related to the actual thread so you try to confound it with irrelevant comments. You basically have nothing of value to contribute to the discussion so you try to make it a team rivalry thing between Leafs and Habs fans and sadly you imagine we don't all see right thru that?

the Habs ultimately WERE the better team in 2010, in large part because of Halak (no one has ever denied that) but also because of incredible team defense top to bottom, great speed and discipline and a little luck. They were outmatched but they put together a fantastic gameplan and stuck with it, that's why they won. OK so now pay attention here dickless cause this is important! The Leafs, despite your idiotic logic are (last I checked) losing this series, and markedly as well. If they win the next two games we can reconvene and discuss but until that point just stop talking unless you're actually able to present an argument as to why you feel they have been the better team thusfar in the series (would LOVE to hear it)
    Last edited by mister_mcgoo; May 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM.

Banned

And this guy, ladies and gentlemen, calls Leafs fans delusional! LOL

Yeah, their gameplan sure was fantastic: "Act like pylons, hope Halak is brilliant."
    Right, see this is why I have zero respect for anything you say, cause you just flat out lie. The Habs are easily one of the fastest and most agile teams in the league and have been for years, you don't ice a team of smurfs if you don't get speed out of it.

Why don't you step up gilmour? Present an actual argument for discussion as to why you think the Leafs have been the better teams in the series? That's what this thread is for, it's not for you to derail nonstop to take potshots at me and troll nonstop. Seriously, be a man, not a little *******, present a real argument to the thread, are you even able to do that anymore?

Banned

8 periods each.
    And everyone (except you) knows it's an impossible thing to argue, so I won't waste my time. It's an opinion based on actually watching the games closely. I honestly think you are a liar and haven't even watched much of the series. Your whole purpose here (as usual) is only to try antagonizing me. And it really annoys the hell out of you that you just can't bug me anymore. Your little weasel nature can't annoy me, and it drives you nuts, especially when I expose you for the joke that you are on these forums.

I'm also not a narcissistic, middle aged loser like you with nothing better to do than write profanity towards Leafs fans on a fantasy hockey forum on a Saturday night.

Cheers.

see just as suspected, when actually tasked with presenting a well-constructed argument that is on topic you're ****ing lost and simply unable to comply...it's not just for me dude, I'm sure the entire forums would love if you would post something with a shred of substance to it, but no, you just can't, so then why are you here?