Poll: Who wins this series?

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: Boston (4) vs Toronto (5)

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow! That is all I can say.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

I told myself I was going to remain calm and have a positive outlook on everything the Leafs have accomplished this year but.....dohhhh.....this stings badly. I can't imagine what it must have been like to watch this game (I don't have access to TV or broadband internet where I am at the moment) I'd have probably sat catatonic in front of the TV for a good half hour letting it all sink in.

I'm a grown man....not....going.....to....cry

Dobber Sports Icon

Can't believe they pulled off the comeback.

For anyone blaming the officiating, yes it was horrible, but that is to be expected if you've watched any playoff hockey over the last few years. So Leaf fans, you can be forgiven for complaining about it now.

Funny how the only other people who are saying the refs were biased are Canucks and Habs fans. I wonder why that could be. It's almost like they have some sort of hatred for the Bruins or something.

In all seriousness, the Leafs played an amazing series and all in all probably deserved to walk away with the victory. I feel awful for their fans who've stuck with them for so long. But take solace in this; in 2010 the Boston Bruins blew a 3-0 Game 7 lead after leading 3-0 in the series as well. That served as motivation for them the following year en route to their first Stanley Cup since 1972. The Leafs are a good young team and have a very bright future.

All in all, this was a great series to watch and I have a new found respect for the Maple Leafs especially Grabovski, Kessel, Gardiner and Reimer.

Be proud of your team Leaf fans, it was a hell of a showing.

P.S. Don't sully the performance with excuses, you are better than that.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    In all seriousness, the Leafs played an amazing series and all in all probably deserved to walk away with the victory.
    Having watched every game of the series under a microscope, I feel the same. There were lots of momentum shifts and breakdowns (oh yes), but all-in-all I think the Leafs played better and deserved a better fate which is why this stings that much more.

It takes a lot of class for a Bruins fan to admit something like this, so good on you.

Dobber Sports Pro

I will admit that I am one of the biggest leaf haters out there.
    However, that series was amazing and Gardiner showed some moments of pure brilliance. His skating and poise with the puck are incredible. Imagine if he had of been playing the NHL all season.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Immortal

I cannot believe that actually happened. I was at a bar in Toronto and it was a fantastic atmosphere all game. The final minutes were almost unbearable to watch, not only the game but watching the faces of everyone around.

I feel for all Leafs' fans out there.....

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Having watched every game of the series under a microscope, I feel the same. There were lots of momentum shifts and breakdowns (oh yes), but all-in-all I think the Leafs played better and deserved a better fate which is why this stings that much more.

It takes a lot of class for a Bruins fan to admit something like this, so good on you.
    Does this mean i have moved up from having the class of Brad Marchand? Perhaps at least to the Andrew Ference level?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    On a different note: Tuukka Rask made a few clutch saves that were brilliant.
    A Grant Fuhr-like performance. Wasn't a shutout but made the saves that mattered. That glove hand he has is incredible.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Does this mean i have moved up from having the class of Brad Marchand? Perhaps at least to the Andrew Ference level?
    Haha nah you're better than Ference... I'd elevate you to Seguin-class. Keep it up and in a few years you'll be Bergeron.

The Great One

Ok.

What a game. Still can't believe it.

It's funny during the game I didn't even think about the 'bad' officiating. It was only after the game when I started seeing people talking about the non calls. If you guys pay attention to my posts, I never ever blame the refs. And this game is no different. Shit happens, it's the playoffs, and you work through it. Do I think there should have been a penalty on Kelly for the elbow? Absolutely, but when there wasn't a call I totally forgot about about it and you keep playing (watching).

Anyways, what a great ****en series. Very proud of the Leafs. Hats off to Boston. Experienced got them past Round 1. When people say experience is invaluable, you can look back at this game and agree.

I forget who said it in the post game madness but I couldn't agree more. The quote went something like "You can wrap the whole series in one sentence. They capitalized on our mistakes". A strong and experienced team will do that. Again, a great series. Not bitter at all.

Im going to go on a little positive rant about the Leafs here.....stop reading if you want!!

I have a little theory. A playoff run is like an extra 1-2 season for young players.

2013 Playoffs: Reimer, Gardiner, and Franson were officially born. Gunnarsson was the unsung hero. He played Phaneuf minutes minus the powerplay. Grabo is pure heart. Kessel can score under pressure. Lupul is a leader.

-Kadri still needs to develop his all round game. This helped a lot. And his subpar playoffs could be a blessing in disguise since he is a RFA.

-Kuli and McClement were a beast defensively. They are the reason our PK improved hugely this year. Since about February I've been calling McClement our unofficial captain. Such a good depth center.

-Bozak (pending UFA) has to take the hometown discount. You saw how much we needed his presence on the dot. He lives with Kessel in Toronto and name me another team that he could center the first line..(Jersey, Winnipeg, Nashville...?)

- JVR did well. Finally we have a net presence. His game will grow.

- Phaneuf had an ok series. Everyone is so tough on him but he tries his best. Every d zone, every PK, top line minutes, shut down, every pp...he does it all. Just because of that contract we expect even more. If it weren't for that contract we wouldn't have been able to get him for Stajan and White and Mayers and Hagman....plugs.

You gotta lose before you win. Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston, LA,......

We are on the right path.

I was pulling for the Leafs, my northern neighbours. But honestly I knew yhey were doomed from the start, when it was reported that - in preparation of the series matchup - Carlyle insisted the team read How to Be A Player-Champion by Sergio Garcia.

Too soon?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I was pulling for the Leafs, my northern neighbours. But honestly I knew yhey were doomed from the start, when it was reported that - in preparation of the series matchup - Carlyle insisted the team read How to Be A Player-Champion by Sergio Garcia.

Too soon?
    He should have got them to read "The Wealthy Barber" by David Chilton.
    Roto keep 8+1G

Start - 3RW/3LW/3C/4D/2G/1Utl

G,A,+|-,PIM,GWG,PPP,W,GAA,SV%,SO

League 1 (11 Teams) 10th yr

2017/2018 Roster

LW-Panarin/Galchenyuk/Roussel/Drouin
    C-Malkin/Zinanejad/Couturier/Brassard
    RW-Bratt/Oshie/Simmonds/Sheary
    D-Karlsson/Butcher/Fowler/Green
    G-Rask/Howard/Varlamov/Bernier
    (P)-Virtanen/O'Connor/Saros/Glass/White/Vesey

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post

-Bozak (pending UFA) has to take the hometown discount. You saw how much we needed his presence on the dot. He lives with Kessel in Toronto and name me another team that he could center the first line..(Jersey, Winnipeg, Nashville...?)
    Discount? Guess that all depends on what you think he's worth. I don't think he's worth any more than Kulemin at 2.8....tops! I pray that Nonis comes up with a solution for our 1st line C position and if we're looking at him on the 1st line again next year we can all rest assured we won't be hoisting the cup anytime soon.

Bozak clocks in as the 61st best C to draw in these playoffs, that was good for 3rd on the Leafs.

Kessel is a defensive liablity, putting him on the ice with Bozak is puck posession suicide.

Dobber Sports Sage

Too much to read the whole thread. I have not gotten out of bed yet! I'm lying here drinking straight from the bottle of Grey Goose and I don't even know if this is for real? It can't be, can it? I must be dreaming! How can you blow a 3 goal lead with 10min left in game 7. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Good on Boston for the comeback but that was really nothing more then the worst chock session I have seen since John Van de Vedle or whatever his name was in the British Open. Maybe the worst choke in the history of sports!! I can't think of a worse one off hand..... And I'm not one to ever bitch about officiating but that was brutal but no excuse, just a shit show!
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Banned

this is sorta how I envision being a Leaf fan over the course of this series (the y axis being happiness level)