Poll: Who wins this series?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: Boston (4) vs Toronto (5)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Omg , I cant believe it i hope Rangers eliminates them in 4 games.

Dobber Sports Monster

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 49s

Franson: "We gave it away. We gave it to them."

Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector 38s

Phil Kessel: "4-1... Can't lose."

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 2m

Phil Kessel: "I don't know what happened to us. You can't lose that game."

They aren't selling out to bad refs. They are taking ownership of their own game.

Dobber Sports Legend

On a different note: Tuukka Rask made a few clutch saves that were brilliant.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Bingo.
    If Leafs win nothing about refs comes up. Every game in every playoff series has several questionable calls or non-calls. It's very simple, Leafs gave it up. They caused their own loss. Not the refs, nothing else.

Please don't make it worse people by crying about the refs. They didn't lose the seriese for the Leafs. Take it on the chin, Leafs didn't get the job done.
    yeah but that's always easier to say as an outsider looking in...as a hardcore fan (esp a Leafs fan!) you are effectively going thru the 5 stages of grief at this point...

he's already broken out of the first stage (denial) and is now on stage 2:

The 2nd stage of grief (after denial) is Anger:

Anger — "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"
    Once in the second stage, the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue. Because of anger, the person is very difficult to care for due to misplaced feelings of rage and envy. Anger can manifest itself in different ways. People can be angry with themselves, or with others, and especially those who are close to them. It is important to remain detached and nonjudgmental when dealing with a person experiencing anger from grief.

next is 'bargaining' i believe?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Boston knows the line in the playoffs when it comes to the refs, but the Leafs can only look in the mirror. Blowing a 3 goal lead is inexcusable.

Banned

JVR gets elbowed in the face, so why don't the Leafs do anything about it? They just let it slide.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well I was pissed drunk by the third period ready to party all night outside downtown and instead I'm pissed drunk ready to kill myself at home...

****ing tragic. We have nobody to blame but ourselves... blame the refs, blame the diving, blame that dickhead marchand, blame whatevre the **** you want, but giving up a 3 goal lead in the third period of Game 7 is inexcusable.

Here's an amusing side styory... with 1:30 left in the gmae some moronic douchebag sitting in the front row at the bar stands up and starts chanting "nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye"... he's so ****ign loud that he doesn't even hear the Bruins scoring their third goal that he's still chanting after they already score. By the time the Bruins tied it up, people were throwing cups and food at him... he left in shame before OT even began. ****ing asshloe.

**** my life.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Epic. What an emotional roller coaster!

Biggest 3rd period comeback in a game 7 in NHL history!

Lucic was a beast and put the team on his shoulders (shades of the Memorial Cup)with Bergeron sticking in the daggers.

I'm going to enjoy this one for some time.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Quote Originally Posted by BDog View Post
    Epic. What an emotional roller coaster!

Biggest 3rd period comeback in a game 7 in NHL history!

Lucic was a beast and put the team on his shoulders (shades of the Memorial Cup)with Bergeron sticking in the daggers.

I'm going to enjoy this one for some time.
    PFFFFF ARE u serious. go get some sleep.

The Great One

Just got back from Leafs square..............

Wow I can only imagine being a bruins fan at the Gardens tonight.

What a great game/series. I'll have more on it later. Has to settle in first.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffhabs20 View Post
    PFFFFF ARE u serious. go get some sleep.
    I am serious. No team has come back from a 3 goal deficit in the 3rd period and went on to win game 7 in NHL playoff history!

Too amped up to sleep right now.

What are you doing in this thread anyway? Shouldn't you be breaking down the Bergevin still loves Carey press conference?
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Guru

To give up a lead like that with 10:30 left is inexcusable. The leafs played a great series considering many of them have no playoff experience. The leafs lack of proficiency in the circle really hurt tonight, they couldn't win any key draws to maintain offensive zone pressure. Also, their inability to clear the defensive zone at the first opportunity gave the bruins way too many second and third chances. Tough to go out like that but few people, myself included, were expecting this series to go to 7.

It ****ing hurts right now but I gotta say kudos to the bruins for the comeback, those fans that left early are gonna be kicking themselves.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; May 14, 2013 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BDog View Post
    I am serious. No team has come back from a 3 goal deficit in the 3rd period and went on to win game 7 in NHL playoff history!

Too amped up to sleep right now.

What are you doing in this thread anyway? Shouldn't you be breaking down the Bergevin still loves Carey press conference?
    But anyway who cares about a come back of luck? nothing to get excited about.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    JVR gets elbowed in the face, so why don't the Leafs do anything about it? They just let it slide.
    It would have been just plain stupid for JVR or the Leafs to retaliate, although in the end I guess it didn't matter.

Game 7 and you think someone should do something about an elbow to the face? How about the refs? If they don't call that, then you just know that any retaliation will result in putting your team down 2 or 5 (depending on how good a diver you are and if your blood packet pops at the right time).

It was atrocious that the back referee missed that call, that's EXACTLY what they were put in there for.

Sheesh.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Congratulations to the Bruins and their fans. That was really something. It wasn't the refs fault nor was it lucky. It was an amazing, well-earned, historical comeback.
    Nope, sorry. Leafs dominated them all series.